PDA

View Full Version : 2336 Explosive Ordnance Disposal

abailey
01-14-09, 06:18 PM
I have a general idea of what this MOS is but could anyone share their experiences with this MOS?

abailey
01-14-09, 11:25 PM
Anyone?

commdog7
01-14-09, 11:51 PM
EOD is a very small field, there aren't too many Marines with this mos so you are out of luck. It is a field that you have to lat move into- which means that you cannot just sign up for it at the recruiting station, you have to be a fleet Marine and volunteer for it (and meet the qualifications). EOD pretty much defuses bombs and anything with the ability to explode (such as projectiles). They have robots and everything to prevent personal injury. EOD is most commonly used today to handle the threat of IEDs (improvised explosive devices). It is a field which I am looking into joining.

Achped
01-15-09, 03:01 AM
EOD has some big nuts, they definitely earn their 5$ extra a day.

abailey
01-15-09, 08:04 AM
Ok cool. I actually know a guy who has this MOS but he is almost never home and I still haven't had a chance to talk to him about it. His last "mission" which was relayed from him to his dad to me, in which he and his team were out for approximately 47 days destroying weapons caches, IED's, and terrorist training camps all over the place. The team suffered one casualty from enemy fire towards the end of it but ultimately saved the lives of countless others.