PDA

View Full Version : Old Face, Checking In.

JWG
01-14-09, 02:20 PM
Hey all,

LittleDevilDog aka JWG just checking in. Hopefully some old faces are still around? I'm sure a lot of those old faces are now Marines. ;)

Just turned 17, finally, on 03JAN2009. Unfortunately, at this point my parents are not willing to sign and papers and tell me I have to wait until I turn 18 to decide for myself. I respect that, but I will test their endurance on standing fast on that decision. :banana:

Either way, planning on enlisting when/if they budge or I turn 18. Good to see this place still booming. Anyways, please any old faces who remember me check in here and say a quick 'ello if you would. Also, new faces, please say 'ello as well. Would love to hear from ya.

MOTO! :flag:

thedrifter
01-14-09, 02:34 PM
A face from the pass....

Great to see You again....

Ellie

jinelson
01-14-09, 05:12 PM
Its great to see you back again Jon we missed you around here.

Jim

GySgtRet
01-14-09, 05:15 PM
It has been so long. I thought you already had a tour in the Corps already.

Gunny out
:usmc:

NicholasITALY
01-14-09, 05:54 PM
Hey all,

LittleDevilDog aka JWG just checking in. Hopefully some old faces are still around? I'm sure a lot of those old faces are now Marines. ;)

Just turned 17, finally, on 03JAN2009. Unfortunately, at this point my parents are not willing to sign and papers and tell me I have to wait until I turn 18 to decide for myself. I respect that, but I will test their endurance on standing fast on that decision. :banana:

Either way, planning on enlisting when/if they budge or I turn 18. Good to see this place still booming. Anyways, please any old faces who remember me check in here and say a quick 'ello if you would. Also, new faces, please say 'ello as well. Would love to hear from ya.

Welcome back and happy b-day! (well in late but.. what the hell..) :D

Marine84
01-14-09, 06:36 PM
Where in the hell have you been boy?

yellowwing
01-14-09, 06:49 PM
Good to see you again!

davblay
01-14-09, 07:37 PM
Good to see you again Jon, I thought maybe you had started dating or something, LOL! ;)

Looking forward to some of your wise posts, You have been missed kid!

Dave

bstinnett09
01-14-09, 08:04 PM
Seeing the respect all the Marines have for you, I'm glad to see you here. And am looking forward to reading your posts.

futuremarine129
01-14-09, 08:14 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I turn 17 on the 29th and It looks unlikely that my parents will be signing, but I'm obviously going to push them until they break or the day I turn 18, whichever comes first. Maybe we'll end up going to Boot together in the future?

Phantom Blooper
01-14-09, 08:18 PM
Welcome back Little Devil Dog Jonathan....

Glad to see you are still kicking.

Don't sweat the small stuff about enlisting.....if your parents don't come around live your life until eighteen and the then DEP and enlist on your own.

You just turned 17 so you ain't that far from 16 and you started here at 14 so keep that motivation as strong as the past and respect your parents wishes and they may come around.A little advice don't test the endurance of your folks....your still the kid...so respect what they want and have to say.

Live your life and enjoy those years...you only get them once.

When you cross that grinder at the MCRD the depth of pride will shine and radiate from their faces!

PRICELESS!:evilgrin:

JWG
01-14-09, 09:12 PM
Thank you all very much, this kind of welcome back just re-enforces the brotherhood the Corps holds. I did pop in and read from time to time. Things have been flying by.

I'm now a Junior in high school and in a program through a local college. Been busting my ass between a job, high school classes, and college classes for Fire Science (aka. Firefighting/EMT). After my Senior year next year, if I pass all the state tests I can graduate with Firefighting I/II and EMT-Basic certifications.

Also got involved with a local fire department's Junior Firefighter program over the past year and some months. It's a sort of apprenticeship type program. Been doing 12 hour "observation" shifts with the firefighter/paramedics and have been to some cool calls. My aim is to get on a department at some point. Most likely after my time in the USMC. Maybe even get a MOS in Firefighting, although that is not my main priority when enlisting, that comes after my service.

Just a bit of a sum up of what the hell I've been up to this whole time, haha. Good to see so many familiar faces still around posting. I'm expecting to be active again on here. Although there may be spurts of inactivity if schooling/work picks up enough to demand more attention.

Books
01-14-09, 09:20 PM
Welcome back! Don't sweat it about your parents not signing for you; I had to wait until I was 18 as well. It will all go by very quickly anyway, don't worry.

rb1651
01-14-09, 09:21 PM
Jon, welcome back my young friend!!! Glad to see you are sill the motivated one that I knew awhile back. I look forward to you contributing to this site again.

Achped
01-15-09, 03:08 AM
Holy **** this guy could be a fleet gunny if he joined the Corps when he joined this forum!