PDA

View Full Version : My intro

mbrazil
01-14-09, 02:13 AM
Ive been looking through these forums for weeks now and realized I havent even made a post, much less an introduction!

Im 22, I live in the bay area of California. Ive been wanting to join the military since God knows when. I shopped around with the Army and ANG and made the obvious choice. Now I am committed on becoming a US Marine.

I want to go infantry but havent decided which 03xx to pick. My buddy is an 0341 mortarman (one of my choices) and loves it, although he just recently got out of SOI. Another one im interested in is 0311 in an LAR BN. Any info on these jobs would be great!

Ok thats my intro, better to keep it short. :evilgrin:

saltyone
01-14-09, 02:50 AM
Can't go wrong with any 03 choice. Just make sure you have a guaranteed 03XX on your contract. Back when I first signed up, the only way to go infantry was to have it in the contract. I'm pretty sure it's still the same.

0341...I spent the better part of my career in this MOS. Pretty much always with the 81's. It's a lot of fun. Not a bad choice at all. We were always the TRAP (Tactical Recovery of Aircraft and Personnel) Team for the MEU which opened the door for several highly sought after specialty schools. The 81's plt, with the Weapons Company, rarely went to the field without their vehicles. You would be the hip pocket artillery for the battalion commander. Excellent opportunity for early leadership billets

Don't spend much time thinking about this right now. Hell, you may not even get a choice when (If) you get to ITB. If they need 0311's, and don't have enough willing, you may get volunteered. You just make sure you have the 03xx on the contract and do your best in recruit training.

Good luck.

mbrazil
01-19-09, 03:32 PM
Thank you for the advice Sargeant. Ill make sure I get that in my contract. Im going to set up a time to talk to my recruiter this afternoon.

Is there any other Poolees out of northern California?

MrGoldCal
01-19-09, 07:43 PM
Thank you for the advice Sargeant. Ill make sure I get that in my contract. Im going to set up a time to talk to my recruiter this afternoon.

Is there any other Poolees out of northern California?

I suggest looking at the poolee role call about shipdate/MOS people usually list there location along with it.

For instance im from SoCal but there are guys in your area

hempstead56
01-20-09, 09:24 AM
Yea when I first signed up they said I had 0300 ready for me.Come ship date There was no open slots. So I told them I was not going to ship if I did not see 0300 on the contract. And you know what? 0300 "magically" reappeared.

mbrazil
01-25-09, 04:47 PM
Yea when I first signed up they said I had 0300 ready for me.Come ship date There was no open slots. So I told them I was not going to ship if I did not see 0300 on the contract. And you know what? 0300 "magically" reappeared.

Lol how convenient. I hope that doesnt happen to me, but if it does ill remember that. :evilgrin: