PDA

View Full Version : Diet

abailey
01-13-09, 08:34 PM
I have read a few threads on the type of foods to eat and how to eat but I am still not sure on EXACTLY what to eat. I want to regulate my diet so I can get the most out of my workout program. I am 6'3'' 174lbs and still have some belly fat that I want to get rid of. I know the only thing keeping it there is from my diet seeing that I run for 30 minutes+ after an intense workout. If anyone could possibly suggest some foods for each meal to eat I would be extremely grateful.

Wes40138
01-14-09, 05:05 AM
For belly fat ;I would suggest you scoot on over to the Mens health website (the magazine) and look up and read all you can about the "Abs Diet and Flat Belly Foods".But I have been having good results with keeping up with my foods "Glycemic Load " I've been doing it for about 20 days and I've dropped 20 pounds ,but that has included going to the track(6 days a week) and doing intervals for 2 miles .Just google any of these 3 things I mentioned and you should find a pleathra of knowledge . Educate yourself .

Halcon00
01-15-09, 11:53 AM
Yeah, Mens Health has a lot of good articles on belly fat and how to strengthen your abdominal muscles. Bodybuilding.com is also a pretty good website to go to. Come to the Y with me sometime and I can show you my routine.

SureShot12
01-15-09, 12:24 PM
Regulate your carb intake.

Carbs are NOT bad, when used properly.

Protein and Carb intake in ratio to body wieght is an easy equation.

SureShot12
01-15-09, 12:29 PM
1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

2 grams of CLEAN cabrs pound of bodyweight.

Clean carbs: brown rice, plain oatmeal.

Eating the proper carb at the proper time is crucial, as well.

After a workout, a high carb meal or supplimentation is critical, as carbs taken at this time will promote proper insulin function and "feed" you muscles the nutrient rich blood they need ot heal/build.

For a wieght loss plan, no carbs should be consumed 3 hours prior to sleep. Sleep, IMPORTANT. Rest is recovery, so make sure you get plenty of it. The average body burns 660calories per 8 hours of sleep.

How deep into this would you like to me go ?

abailey
01-15-09, 02:11 PM
As far as you want haha. I do 1 1/2 scoops of Whey protein at 54 grams at the end of each workout so far. I also started taking a multivitamin in the morning and at lunch