PDA

View Full Version : Pranking in Boot Camp

GEOCO
01-08-09, 04:37 PM
My goal in Boot Camp is to complete it and bust my ***. Plain and simple, don't misunderstand me. I'm 22, and I feel more mature than to go to fists with one of my peers, especially at Boot Camp. This means, if I do happen to run into the situation where we've got a dumb ass in our platoon, if I can find an opportunity, I'd like to teach him a good old fashioned lesson about getting wise among the recruits.

Now, this might be frowned upon by you guys, but I simply want to hear any pranks you've witnissed during Boot Camp, any ideas, and what your thoughts are if someone dared attempt a prank on another recruit..

I'd like to be prepared to avoid going to blows with an immature recruit with an attitude problem. I think a prank is a mature way of getting his attention, understanding that the DIs will tear me a new one if I'm caught. Keep them harmless (for the most part) and I will not damage property of any kind.

rvillac2
01-08-09, 04:49 PM
I think you better settle down and concentrate on your own performance in boot camp. It will not be your job to deal with attitude problems. "Pranking" is not one of our leadership traits.

GEOCO
01-08-09, 04:51 PM
I think you better settle down and concentrate on your own performance in boot camp. It will not be your job to deal with attitude problems. "Pranking" is not one of our leadership traits.

I understand, and part of me felt it wasn't appropriate to ask this. Regardless, I'm curious if it's ever happened among any of your experiences, and would like to know what happened - at the very least, for entertainment purposes.

ggyoung
01-08-09, 04:51 PM
In 1964 bootcamp we niver did have time to do any "pranking".

yellowwing
01-08-09, 04:52 PM
Pranks? There is no time really for such nonsense. You are immersed in a world when you are told when to get a sip of water.

GEOCO
01-08-09, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys. This is why I asked this question, to get a better grasp of what to expect. I'd like to pull the, "Hey, I'm a poolee" card while I can.

Maldonado 2060
01-08-09, 05:47 PM
Theres was ****load of pranking going on in my platoon.Too bad the joke was on us recruits.

yellowwing
01-08-09, 05:48 PM
Theres was ****load of pranking going on in my platoon.Too bad the joke was on us recruits.

Exactly! :D :evilgrin:

Qwarkeh
01-08-09, 07:34 PM
Recruit on Recruit pranking? That idea goes out the window the instant the Drill Instructor steps onto your bus.

Phantom Blooper
01-08-09, 07:53 PM
Become the House Mouse and put a clear trash bag over the shiatter in the DI's hooch...or put toothpaste in their socks...always good for a laugh!:evilgrin:

Gunner 0313
01-08-09, 07:56 PM
:flag: You'll be lucky if you remember your name when trying to fill out forms in receiving. Keep up the "Billy the Bad Ass" attitude, the DI's will love your ass.

commdog7
01-08-09, 09:38 PM
Poolees sure do ask the stupidest questions. Marine Corps boot camp isn't a faternity, you ain't on your own program. The Drill Instructors are preparing you for war, there's no room for giggling and slapping each others @sses with towels. Seriously, its about leadership and maturity- you need to be focused on surviving the challenges and earning the title United States Marine. If you expected different, than you joined the wrong organization.

GEOCO
01-08-09, 09:42 PM
:flag: You'll be lucky if you remember your name when trying to fill out forms in receiving. Keep up the "Billy the Bad Ass" attitude, the DI's will love your ass.

You misunderstood me if you think I'm trying to be a badass.

Poolees sure do ask the stupidest questions. Marine Corps boot camp isn't a faternity, you ain't on your own program. The Drill Instructors are preparing you for war, there's no room for giggling and slapping each others @sses with towels. Seriously, its about leadership and maturity- you need to be focused on surviving the challenges and earning the title United States Marine. If you expected different, than you joined the wrong organization.

I was waiting for this response. Legitmate question, you don't have to like it, but to those who put me in my place by letting me know what to expect, it's appreciated.

Enigmatic
01-09-09, 12:56 AM
I was waiting for this response. Legitmate question, you don't have to like it, but to those who put me in my place by letting me know what to expect, it's appreciated.

Well I'm sure we're all glad you got what you came for. How in the hell is this a legitimate question?! "Pranking in Boot Camp?" What the foxtrot do pranks have to do with boot camp? Dude, you better go back to the drawing board and think about what's really important to know before you ship out. The Marines are here for YOU, but we do reserve the right to stick a boot up your six if we feel you're needing it. Check that additute! You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

Quinbo
01-09-09, 01:57 AM
Sitting in a hot classroom right after noon chow indian style. An officer is giving a class on the history of the Marine Corps and a few recruits doze off. The instructor rather than shouting an order for everyone to stand up pantomines for everyone to quietly rise and stand at attention. The recruits that missed that little hand and arm signal and the ones to their right and left get to take a trip outside for a little wake up call. Now that's a prank ;)

outlaw3179
01-09-09, 07:15 AM
No pranks man. When you hit the rack your dog ass tired all you want to do is sleep. Maybe if your lucky someone will prank you by mushroom stamping you in the head.

0231Marine
01-09-09, 07:32 AM
Maybe if your lucky someone will prank you by mushroom stamping you in the head.

Damn, I almost shot water out of my nose when I read this! Easily one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

SGT7477
01-09-09, 09:23 AM
My goal in Boot Camp is to complete it and bust my ***. Plain and simple, don't misunderstand me. I'm 22, and I feel more mature than to go to fists with one of my peers, especially at Boot Camp. This means, if I do happen to run into the situation where we've got a dumb ass in our platoon, if I can find an opportunity, I'd like to teach him a good old fashioned lesson about getting wise among the recruits.

Now, this might be frowned upon by you guys, but I simply want to hear any pranks you've witnissed during Boot Camp, any ideas, and what your thoughts are if someone dared attempt a prank on another recruit..

I'd like to be prepared to avoid going to blows with an immature recruit with an attitude problem. I think a prank is a mature way of getting his attention, understanding that the DIs will tear me a new one if I'm caught. Keep them harmless (for the most part) and I will not damage property of any kind.

I remember this recruit that thought the same way you did, he was taken into the duty hut by the Di's he came out crying ,so we all believed he got his butt kicked but good.:evilgrin:

TJR1070
01-09-09, 11:23 AM
We had a way of dealing with attitudes, pranking and non-hacking it was called a Blanket Party. Maybe instead of pranking another recruit, like an immature non team player would do, you should host a party at your rack. That would take care of one immature recruit!

GEOCO
01-09-09, 02:19 PM
lol, alright guys. Point taken.

I leave Monday, just got back from MEPS. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll get the attitude adjustment you all claim I need.

outlaw3179
01-09-09, 02:58 PM
Have fun getting t-bagged. j/k good luck.

SGT7477
01-09-09, 04:42 PM
lol, alright guys. Point taken.

I leave Monday, just got back from MEPS. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll get the attitude adjustment you all claim I need.

Could be worse could be a blanket party, Good Luck.:flag:

ggyoung
01-09-09, 05:34 PM
Well I'm sure we're all glad you got what you came for. How in the hell is this a legitimate question?! "Pranking in Boot Camp?" What the foxtrot do pranks have to do with boot camp? Dude, you better go back to the drawing board and think about what's really important to know before you ship out. The Marines are here for YOU, but we do reserve the right to stick a boot up your six if we feel you're needing it. Check that additute! You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

enigmatic----------==========Do you remember your DI saying " there is no such thing as a stupid question or legitimate question"?

Quinbo
01-09-09, 05:53 PM
While attending a class on reloading match grade ammo for the rifle team.... the instructor was explaining that any sort of spark or ignition source could cause the smokeless powder to ignite and most likely burn the hair off your arms and singe your hair. A lad stood up and identified himself and all that good stuff then asked "Sir how many hair follicles per square inch on average on a human arm? " Ohhhh Kayyy smoke break. I need a nap or something anything. Feel free to choke yourself.

SlingerDun
01-09-09, 06:06 PM
I feel more mature than to go to fists with one of my peers,,,, I'd like to be prepared to avoid going to blows with an immature recruit with an attitude problem,,,, I think a prank is a mature way of getting his attentionWhats up with you and the mature thing? Dude maturity in virtueous form is over rated and there would be no such "virtue" as maturity if chicks and gays didn't bird dog us for lack of it.

Taking maturity for your own actions just dont have the right ring about it. Replace the word maturity (whatever that means to you) with responsibility and many more of lifes questions and dilemas will be answered good or bad fvcking guarenteed. Good Luck with boot camp

--->Dave

Enigmatic
01-09-09, 06:51 PM
enigmatic----------==========Do you remember your DI saying " there is no such thing as a stupid question or legitimate question"?

Negative, Sgt, but I remember being told "Ask me another stupid-ass question like that and I will drop-kick you in the CHEST, recruit!" Different eras, I guess.....

DarrinC
01-09-09, 07:33 PM
Yeah your 22, grow up a little. I went through when I was 22 also. And me being one of the oldest in my platoon is what I was more worried about. The **** bags will get taken care of without your help.

echo3oscar1833
01-09-09, 09:26 PM
No pranks man. When you hit the rack your dog ass tired all you want to do is sleep. Maybe if your lucky someone will prank you by mushroom stamping you in the head.

ROFL!! Now thats funny I don't care who you are.:D I haven't heard that term in a while. :marine:

Tommy1089
01-09-09, 11:36 PM
We had one recruit on Firewatch who decided it would be funny to pull a little prank on the Squadleaders and Guide...They all would leave their footlockers unlocked to get all of their stuff quickly in the Morning...soo good ole firewatch switched all of their locks and the next morning they were all going crazy as hell trying to figure out what was going on...the DI went into the duty hut and you could hear the laughing from the squadbay...it was pretty dam* funny...Until he was caught and the rest of the platoon paid for his "nastiness" hahahaha

Bonzack
01-10-09, 12:19 AM
I love how you say "IF" theres a dumbass in your platoon. There will ALWAYS be a dumbass in your platoon..and you'll be that dumbass for like the first 2 weeks. Good luck.

Oorah

biesseb
01-10-09, 01:23 PM
Once you near the end of your cycle the platoon does tend to relax a bit more because they know they are close to earning the title.

It is around this time some pranks if any may occur, but I agree with the above comments that you really wont have time for all that b.s. however I will relate a story to you about when I went through boot.

If your guide has some balls he might try to get firewatch togeather and pull a prank on another platoon as ours did. I don't recommend this though because it can get you in serious trouble if your caught.

What our guide did is got the fire watch and sneaked into one of our nemesis platoons squad bay. Theres always going to be one platoon you hate more than the others. Anyway what they did is tie most of that platoons boots together and also ripped all the reflective straps off their packs. One can most likely presume that hilarity ensued the following morning when they all had to get online and get dressed. The reason that platoons fire-watch probably didn't catch them is mostl likely because they were in the head bullshiating and not doing they're jobs.

I've also heard stories of recruits being tied down to their racks but have never witnessed it myself.

It's best to save the pranks for MOS school when your more likely to get away with them and the atomosphere is a little less serious. For instance my schooling was at a joint Navy/Marine base so during chow we stole the Navy's gidon from the chow hall and through it out in the woods. It's also fun when exiting class into a hall full of NCO's to throw your cover on top of the head of the Marine in front of you just as he steps across the threshhold.