PDA

View Full Version : Just letting you know

29letsgo
01-05-09, 06:36 PM
Im sure alot of you remember my "United States Army" post. Well its me agian but this time its a little different. Ive been dicked over by the national guard a few to many times, first by getting ****ed over by my recruiter and the list just goes on. So any way Ive decided to continue with my life long dream of becoming a Marine. Im currently in the process of trying to get released from my contract and DEP into the United States Marine Corps. Well just figured Id let you guys know. Ive been waiting my entire life to earn the Title, i just took a pit stop in the National Guard that in retrospeck was a waste of time. But hey you know what they say, hind sight is 20/20. Well wish me luck in my attempt to switch over, Im willing to climb over any obstical and face any challenge to become a Marine. If all goes well hopefully I can get released with in a few months.

Id say the main thing that did it was watching a life long friend of mine earn the Title back in November, something inside me just sparked and I havent been able to get it off my mind.

Wish me luck and hopefully I too will be able to earn the title United States Marine:usmc:

yellowwing
01-05-09, 06:47 PM
I'm sure we had fun on your last post. :)

This time I hope that you find an honorable way to part with the NG. If not, serve out your current committment and then come see us. We're not going anywhere.

SGT7477
01-05-09, 06:54 PM
Thank God you have seen the light,Good Luck.

Drill for life
01-05-09, 07:09 PM
Im sure alot of you remember my "United States Army" post. Well its me agian but this time its a little different. Ive been dicked over by the national guard a few to many times, first by getting ****ed over by my recruiter and the list just goes on. So any way Ive decided to continue with my life long dream of becoming a Marine. Im currently in the process of trying to get released from my contract and DEP into the United States Marine Corps. Well just figured Id let you guys know. Ive been waiting my entire life to earn the Title, i just took a pit stop in the National Guard that in retrospeck was a waste of time. But hey you know what they say, hind sight is 20/20. Well wish me luck in my attempt to switch over, Im willing to climb over any obstical and face any challenge to become a Marine. If all goes well hopefully I can get released with in a few months.

Id say the main thing that did it was watching a life long friend of mine earn the Title back in November, something inside me just sparked and I havent been able to get it off my mind.

Wish me luck and hopefully I too will be able to earn the title United States Marine:usmc:
I know exactly what you are talking about, I was almot weseled into signing a Contract for The ARmy REserve on December 8(my 17th birthday) but then my recruiter came in there yanked me up and made me PT in The MCRSS. I have always wanted to be a Marine but the Army got me one day. It's just something about how convicing they are. Well I am back on track to become a US Marine working on PT,studying for the ASVAB(again the Navy recruiter lost my scores) and just being a good little JROTC Cadet.

Books
01-05-09, 08:46 PM
I have always wanted to be a Marine but the Army got me one day. It's just something about how convicing they are.

Oh, so I've heard. The Army recruiters will snatch you off the sidewalk on the way to school and use hypnosis to get you to sign their contract. [/sarcasm]

Really, if you guys "always wanted to be Marine(s)", then how are you so easily swayed in your convictions to join the Army? Is it just like a passive thing that goes like:

"Yeah, I always wanted to be a Marine since I was in utero but [insert huge gap in logic] then I joined the Army."

I never considered being a Marine until a little more than a year ago. I was really into the Navy. The more I learned about the different branches, and the more I realized how the Marine Corps culture/lifestyle/ethic/etc compared to the other services, I knew that the only way for me to serve was to serve as a Marine.

GMill09
01-05-09, 09:47 PM
Want to hear something really funny? They have a class for senior in my school, it's basically teacher's aid. I work for the guidance and answer the phone and stuff. She stepped out and the phone rang and it was a national gaurd recruiter calling for the guidance to fax a transcript to him. Well short story short he started asking about me and wanted to set up a meeting with me over the phone. Then I told him I enlisted into the Marine Corps. I bet he felt pwnt.

Btw, I don't think you can even fax a transcript because I know it has get that seal by the school.

Garrett90
01-05-09, 09:58 PM
Want to hear something really funny? They have a class for senior in my school, it's basically teacher's aid. I work for the guidance and answer the phone and stuff. She stepped out and the phone rang and it was a national gaurd recruiter calling for the guidance to fax a transcript to him. Well short story short he started asking about me and wanted to set up a meeting with me over the phone. Then I told him I enlisted into the Marine Corps. I bet he felt pwnt.

Btw, I don't think you can even fax a transcript because I know it has get that seal by the school.

Faxed transcripts are unofficial. It's just to get a 'jist' of ones attempts at academics.

ecfree
01-05-09, 09:58 PM
Hey 29letsgo,WE'LL BE WAITING......:evilgrin: