PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

futurepoole08
01-05-09, 12:52 AM
So on 28Dec the recruiter had me sign a piece of paper requesting another doctors opinion and a pych consultant on 04-05Jan. So I would of went to MEPs on 04Jan and had my physical (which I am still with out) and the pych consultant. Well, he sent it up on 29Dec morning, and by noon SSGT had recieved a call telling him they were basically clearing it of their hands and sending it to BUMED. He always told me it can't go to BUMED with out me having a physical. So I wrote a personal statement on the reasoning of the counseling (5 pages), SSGT hasen't dealt with this type of BUMED so sent it to a good friend of his that is a recruiter in Cali, and he sent it back saying it was good to go. So Monday I have to go up to the recruiting office to write it on the actual personal statement paper, and then send it with the rest of my BUMED package. BUMED said I should have word back on 30Jan (which is my best friends Graduation Date from Parris Island! :banana:), but I won't hold my breath if I hear back from them that day. It's frustrating because none of the recruiters can figure out how it is going to BUMED with out me ever being seen at MEPs. Though, at the monthly Poolee Function this past saturday, I had my best IST since starting to talk to the Recruiter in November. 15 pull-ups, 88 sit-ups, and 12:00 mile and half ( I want it a lot lower, but happy with it). I only missed the warrant officer ranks on the rank test ( I forgot about them hah), knew the Eleven General orders of a Sentry, knew the Marine Corps Hymn, birthday and everything that we are suppose to know before shipping. I'm down to 175, and still want to lose another 15lbs before shipping (if I ever do), so I am at least 18lbs under my ship weight. So I guess this month of more hurry up and wait I'll be busting my a** to drop the final amount of weight, and get my run down, and pull-ups higher. I always said I wouldn't stop achieving my goal of being able to earn the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor until BUMED said NO, but never thought it'd come to this point.

introspect
01-05-09, 04:35 AM
Hey there, I'm glad you still have hope and are still working to chase your dream. I know nothing of MEPS and BUMED, lol, but I just wanted to say good luck to you.

Take care

bstinnett09
01-05-09, 03:16 PM
Futurepoole08,
I appreciate you sharing your story with us. I can't even imagine being as MOTO as you are in your position. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get past BUMED. It sounds like you really deserve your chance at earning the Title.

futurepoole08
01-05-09, 10:31 PM
Ben and Gaby, thanks. I wouldn't say I'm moto all the time. I have my days when I say h*** with this, but I keep going. I don't deserve the chance to earn the title any more than the next nasty that goes into a recruiting office wanting it. If all goes well this month, and it's approved than I am to ship in July. Not happy on being at MCRDPI in August. Last time I was their in August was in 1997 when my brother graduated from MCRDPI and I still can remember the d***ed heat to this day hah.

Well, BUMED package was sent this morning. This is goin to be one H*** of a long month. Found out the recruiters are holding a special birthday present for me the 07th. EXTRA PT. Should be interesting!

futurepoole08
01-16-09, 02:29 AM
Well, 14 days until I am suppose to have word back from BUMED. Though, I'm not holding my breath. Especially being my recruiter will be at MCRDPI for my buddies graduation that day.

bstinnett09
01-16-09, 10:48 PM
Well, Chris, 14 more days I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck again.

Petz
01-16-09, 11:27 PM
this story does sound weird.... keep us posted.

futurepoole08
01-17-09, 06:47 AM
SSgt, I just wish going through all of this was one big bad f***ing dream. Though, I know this is reality. So I'll set back, bust my a** at PT and on my own when I PT by myself, and pray this chit goes through.

Petz
01-17-09, 12:21 PM
yeah, but like you said, they have no physical from you.... oh well... keep your spirits up.

futurepoole08
01-17-09, 07:10 PM
SSgt Petzold, you're correct. They do not have a physical for me. That the reason we had sent in the request for another doctors oppinion and pych consult ( I think that is what it was called). Two...

Domion
01-17-09, 08:20 PM
I wish you the best of luck. Seems pretty odd with the no physical but guess MEPS can be pretty weird indeed. When I went I had a small scar on my stomach the doc told me they needed med docs.. Called the hospital I had the surgery at found out all the records of that surgery were destroyed because it was so long ago. Came down to me writing a paragraph stating I had this surgery blah blah then I was good to go. I know nothing about BUMED never heard of it.. But I hope all goes well with you and you get to swear in!

futurepoole08
01-18-09, 07:14 AM
Domion, BUMED is Bureau of Medicine and Surgery. They're basically the people that over see MEPs and have the power to over turn my Temp Disqualfication. I know about the paragraph you're speaking about. I also had to do one, it's called the applicants handwritten statement. Mine ended up being right around seven pages long. When SSgt was looking over it to make sure it was ok. He looked at me and said " I know I said to put a lot of detail in, but d*** Chris, I didn't think you would take me seriously." It didn't help the fact, I had to write from the 96 time frame until the 2005 time frame. So their was going to be alot of information lol.