PDA

View Full Version : Join the Marine Corps from a foreign country

NicholasITALY
01-03-09, 07:08 PM
Hello there. I have used the search button, but I haven't found anything.

I'm Nicholas, I'm 16 years old, turning 17 this June. I live in Italy, I am earning an High School diploma in order to join the Marine Corps.

I am highly motivated to join the Marine Corps. It's my life.

But what can a foreign citizen do for join the Marine Corps?

Here are some of my info:

I do not have any member of my family who lives in the United States.

I know that it is possible. But any of you know something about how it can be done?
I will not give up. I have to join the Marine Corps in a way or another. At any cost.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,
Nicholas.

sparkie
01-03-09, 07:33 PM
Nick, You are an old friend of mine,,,,, and We've been thru this. You gotta get over here with a green card to be considered,,,,,, I haven't forgotton you, my friend.......

P.S. You should reconsider your lack of faith in God,,,,,,,,,,

Maldonado 2060
01-03-09, 07:45 PM
P.S. You should reconsider your lack of faith in God,,,,,,,,,,

I would go to church most sundays growing and even during boot.It wasnt till those "WMD's" were flying over head then seeing my mother die that convinced me jesus was on vacation or wasnt real. who know maybe later down the road "I will see the light" until then chesty will take his place.Some people see things happen for different reasons be it god or just pure luck but it all comes down to believing in it like the toothfairy was real until I woke up during the delivery of the goods.

As for the op this question was asked acouple of days ago but I forgot the answer:p. Good luck on your quest.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-09, 07:53 PM
Without a green card it's not gonna happen. Period. No amount of any wishing, wanting, or anything else, faith or not, is going to make it happen.

You need to immigrate to the US (no you can't enlist at the embassy or anything else), and to do that, you need a reason (entering the military wouldn't be considered as a valid reason) such as work, school, etc. Once here you have to get a work visa. Once obtained, you can then visit the local recruiter and go from there.

NicholasITALY
01-03-09, 08:05 PM
Without a green card it's not gonna happen. Period. No amount of any wishing, wanting, or anything else, faith or not, is going to make it happen.

You need to immigrate to the US (no you can't enlist at the embassy or anything else), and to do that, you need a reason (entering the military wouldn't be considered as a valid reason) such as work, school, etc. Once here you have to get a work visa. Once obtained, you can then visit the local recruiter and go from there.

Thanks everyone.

@sparkie
Yeah we've been through this already, but I wanted to know something more about it. I'd like to know everything. So when I have my diploma I will know exactly what to do. :)

(PS Sorry if my signature offended someone, I have changed it so it can't bring up anything bad/good about believe in God or not.)

Phantom Blooper
01-03-09, 08:15 PM
Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 — commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.

Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm (http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm)

usmcmsf
01-03-09, 08:20 PM
I am all for it, but just curious as to why you want to defend our country instead of your own? Also, since living over seas, how does one gain interest in the Marine Corps?

NicholasITALY
01-03-09, 08:36 PM
I am all for it, but just curious as to why you want to defend our country instead of your own? Also, since living over seas, how does one gain interest in the Marine Corps?

It's pretty hard to explain why I want to serve another country instead of mine.

Let me try to explain it. (Sorry for the off-topic).

I feel like I'm not Italian 100%. Like if I'm 50% American and 50% Italian.

It's something that I feel inside of me.

The Marine Corps is the best branch of service of the World. And I want to join the best. (That's what I think and I'm sure it is).

The history of the United States Marine Corps. The brotherhood that I have heard to talk about and seen around, for now, the web.

When I hear the name Marines or Marine or Marine Corps I feel a sense of pride and honor.

Every Marine is an honorable Man.

Every Marine can face every challenge.

The day I will die, I will want to die as a Marine. Not like a civilian.

I want to make a difference. I want to join the Marine Corps.

The Marines have the highest morale and integrity.

And F***I have never been in the United States of America. But I'm hell sure I will want to be on the front line if I have to.

It's something, like I said that I feel inside of me, my motivation cannot be compared to others.

The Marine Corps is all my life. I live everyday by the motto Do or Die.

My do is to do everything that has to be done to join the Marine Corps.
If I don't, I will fail, and my life will fail. But fail is not into my dictionary.:evilgrin:

usmcmsf
01-03-09, 08:46 PM
I will give you an OORAH! You sound very moto and it makes me proud as a Marine that people from other countrys know we are the best and even want to be one of us. Just by your situation I know you will do fine at boot camp, because coming from a different country, you have no choice but to succeed. Stay motivated and get over here and become a Marine. Best of luck to you.

sparkie
01-03-09, 08:54 PM
Do you know what you ask??
http://www.notmytribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/us-soldiers-dead-fallujah.jpg

Cross78
03-12-09, 01:08 AM
You can join the USMC, but you first not only need to gain your green card, but you will also need to speak to a recruiter who can guide you through the rest of your enlistment.

Before you join though you need to do some research on where you want to go to bootcamp, what MOS you're looking for, and most importantly...you need to know that you. your friends, and your family will be investigated because of the DHS.

Petz
03-12-09, 01:19 AM

for an American citizen to join a foreign military would revoke their citizenship to the United States.... it's written on our passports... you should look into that as well nick.

NicholasITALY
03-13-09, 07:18 AM
You can join the USMC, but you first not only need to gain your green card, but you will also need to speak to a recruiter who can guide you through the rest of your enlistment.

Before you join though you need to do some research on where you want to go to bootcamp, what MOS you're looking for, and most importantly...you need to know that you. your friends, and your family will be investigated because of the DHS.

Even my friends? about my family, I know, but friends?
Anyway, my primary MOS 03XX, Parris Island. I was even thinking to finish the last year of high school in America. In an International High School.

for an American citizen to join a foreign military would revoke their citizenship to the United States.... it's written on our passports... you should look into that as well nick.

I don't care, if it's necessary, I will.

ggyoung
03-13-09, 11:30 AM
A few things here. The Marines had a lot of Canadians in it's ranks during Vietnam. Had one in my platoon in boot. Also a US citizen in 1969-71 could become a mercenary and keep his citizenship as long as the country he was fighting for was in good standing with the USA. I knew a couple of Marines who after being separated from the service who singed on as oil line guards for Chevron in the far east. Damn good money then. Also every once in a while you see a bunch of service men being sown in as US citizens on the news. Go for it.

JWDevilDog
03-14-09, 07:29 AM
I have a buddy from New Zealand who is a Marine. He served in the NZ Army for two years, as a grunt. He knew that the USMC is the best fighting organization in the world, and enlisted to be a grunt. Unfortunately for him, he went in on a Ground Options Contract (contains many possibilites, including infantry), and he did not get infantry. By the way, he could come over here because his mom is an American.

I love it when foreigners see how great of a country America is, and how exceptional the USMC is. Nick, as my dad would say, "you were born an American, but in the wrong place."

Cross78
03-15-09, 01:47 AM
Even my friends? about my family, I know, but friends?
Anyway, my primary MOS 03XX, Parris Island. I was even thinking to finish the last year of high school in America. In an International High School.

I don't care, if it's necessary, I will.

I was 0341, and yes...your friends, neighbors, neighbors dog...literally anybody that might have had an influence on your life will be looked at.

Go Hollywood Marine...the girls are cuter on leave, and sheep**** hill is a nice little nature walk. Spoke will a few people from PI, and I think SD has better weather, and definately better scenery when you're doing your 5am runs or mid afternoon nature walks with a 130lb pack on your back.

CplKJSpevak
03-15-09, 04:43 AM
Yeah, But your more isolated on the Island.......

Petz
03-15-09, 09:12 AM
everything is in house at PI, you don't have to wash your cloths on a stone basin...

you don't have to goto Pendleton to shoot on the range (and it's a crap range by the way) or deal with all the sandy crappy ground in the "i'm up, they see me, I'm down" routine.

PI is great weather, and you learn discipline from the sand fleas... the hollywood Marines could never stand still, and they puff themselves up when standing at attention (elbows in Marines!!!) which makes them look silly.

go PI or don't go.

NicholasITALY
03-15-09, 05:58 PM
I have a buddy from New Zealand who is a Marine. He served in the NZ Army for two years, as a grunt. He knew that the USMC is the best fighting organization in the world, and enlisted to be a grunt. Unfortunately for him, he went in on a Ground Options Contract (contains many possibilites, including infantry), and he did not get infantry. By the way, he could come over here because his mom is an American.

I love it when foreigners see how great of a country America is, and how exceptional the USMC is. Nick, as my dad would say, "you were born an American, but in the wrong place."
I'd like to quote your father's phrase into my signature. I will make it. It's not going to be that hard, the clock is running fast. The next year I might be able to finish the High School in America, in an international High School, get the diploma, and go to see a recruiter. I will make it. Thanks for your support Marines.

PaidinBlood
03-15-09, 06:12 PM
You ought to check your commie friend Verguenza from Milan. Givin you all a bad name... Good luck to you..

CH53MetalMan
03-15-09, 06:44 PM

On paper this may be true, but if an American wishes to serve in the IDF it will not be enforced.

Obama's Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel served for Israel during the First Gulf War.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_yA8J-oGQk

NicholasITALY
08-25-11, 11:08 PM
Hey man I don't know if you remember me, but i got your quote as signature.
I wanted to let you know, that i almost made it. i came in america, I've found a girlfriend and I'm getting married on october. As soon as i get my green card ill be at the recruit station signing the contract. Thats what I personally call motivation.! Never Quit!

NicholasITALY
08-25-11, 11:31 PM
Sorry for double post. Shouldn't be posting here but was supposed to be personal message.

SwedishMarine
08-26-11, 09:29 PM
Well done Nicholas. Joining a Military Force that belongs to a Nation other than your own takes a great deal of Motivation and Dedication. As long as you have those two things, you'll be fine. It's not an easy path, but a rewarding one at the time of success.

Good Luck and Best of Wishes.