PDA

View Full Version : My Farewell for now

dizark
01-02-09, 09:59 PM
Well, I think it's finally time to post a farewell thread. As most of you know, I ship to boot camp on Monday, and am heading to the hotel on Sunday at 1600. I will most certainly attempt to get on the laptop in the lounge at the hotel for us MEPS folk in the evening to hop in for some chat before the big day. Of course, I'll still be here on Saturday on and off throughout the day.

I wanted to thank the Marines most importantly for the vast knowledge on this site and throughout the chatrooms. Marines like re8elmonk, Enigmatic, davblay, CPL Nelly, yellowwing, etc, have been a huge help here amongst many others. I look forward to your moto mail. I have directed that Cpl Blaylock pass my address on to those who wish to write me when he receives it.

Cpl Blaylock, stay healthy and I look forward to your moto mail.

Cpl Gonzo, I wish you and your wife the best of luck with your son. Please let me know in a letter how he and the wife are doing when he's born as well as weight and size.

I am currently going to enter 2nd Bn, Golf Company at Parris Island and am slated to graduate 20090403 pending everything goes well. I look forward to returning here as a Marine. The only way I'm coming home is as a Marine, or if they send my ass home.

Take care Marines, poolees, wannabes, family, and friends. Best of luck to those shipping to boot camp in the near future while I, myself am away training. God Bless. :flag:

Enigmatic
01-02-09, 10:02 PM
Thanks and good luck to you in boot camp. Look forward to tracking your progress via snail mail and I know you'll come back a Marine with a drunk for me....

Petz
01-02-09, 10:07 PM
good luck... again!

as for your Bn.... one quick way to get into 3rd Bn (the best one in my opinion) is to fail the IST and do a week in recieving... then pick up in third!!!! yeah! great idea!!! haha

just remember, there is no golf in golf company!

yut.

ecfree
01-02-09, 10:07 PM
Hey Matt,stay focused whan you're on "The Island"..:marine:

davblay
01-02-09, 10:32 PM
Well it seems like every time we get a poolee thinking the way he/she should, they ship off and go to Boot Camp! :evilgrin:

Diz, I know you will do well, you are one motivated son of a gun! I look forward to writting you and I will pass on any information about you, unless you tell me otherwise. You have helped a lot of your junior poolees during your stay here.......I look forward to see how well you mentor as a Marine on this site! :marine:

Good Luck and remember that "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION" not now!

May the good lord help you on your path to becoming one of our brothers, Diz!

Dave

Petz
01-02-09, 10:35 PM
DAVE!!!! I haven't seen you in a loooong time... how are you? PM me!

Phantom Blooper
01-02-09, 10:45 PM
Good luck! Godspeed,fair winds and following seas!

The clock is ticking and before you know it you will hopefully come back a US Marine!

Good luck again and stay motivated!:evilgrin:

JdnSmith
01-02-09, 11:44 PM
as for your Bn.... one quick way to get into 3rd Bn (the best one in my opinion) is to fail the IST and do a week in recieving...

Great idea SSgt!! Just remember, speed, volume and intensity in everything you do and you will go far. Good luck.

Petz
01-02-09, 11:52 PM
I'm glad you took that as a joke... not too many people get my jokes on this site... I wonder why?

JoeInVille
01-03-09, 02:16 AM
Good luck! I was also 2nd Bn Golf co.!

SGT7477
01-03-09, 08:00 AM
Good luck just remember it's mind over matter, Get Some.

thablizzit
01-03-09, 09:21 AM
Good luck man! :-P & thanks for your advice via AIM.

Wyoming
01-03-09, 10:01 AM
Pizz off dizark.

Kidding, do well Matt.

It'll fly by.

Kiss that little girl a bunch before you leave.

JZfs720
01-03-09, 11:26 AM
See you soon man. I know you'll accept nothing less than the Title.

Artemis
01-03-09, 12:06 PM
Good Luck dizark. It makes me happy to know that I helped you. Even if it was by setting the example of what not to do (getting banned) lol. I look forward to hearing from you and harassing you while you are gone.

BRockwell
01-03-09, 12:10 PM
Later on brother! Good luck to you. Thanks for all of your help and your advice.

dizark
01-03-09, 03:03 PM
Thank you for the well wishes. I plan on not letting anyone down including myself. As you've said, FAILURE is NOT an OPTION!

speed, intensity, volume!

bstinnett09
01-03-09, 03:11 PM
Best of luck to you dizark! I look forward to seeing you get back on here as a Marine! Thank you for being so Moto, you have helped me a ton.

MrRobert
01-03-09, 04:10 PM
Good luck man. Work hard and do your best.

vaughn
01-03-09, 06:56 PM
Best of luck to you man! Hope to see you back with that title!

0231Marine
01-03-09, 08:54 PM
Dizark,

Best of luck man and let us know when you get off the island. Stay motivated and sound off at all times. Move with intensity and you'll be good!

Best of luck!

yellowwing
01-03-09, 09:17 PM
Get some! Never Quit

dizark
01-04-09, 01:36 PM
Once again, thanks for the well wishes! I look forward to making you all proud with my return. I am heading out soon to go to the recruiters office. As I said, I will try to get on the laptop tonight, but if I don't, see you in 3 months!