PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Security Force

Bazzard
12-23-08, 11:57 PM
Just Finish BSG (Basic Security Guard) school so all you guys going into the Security Force field ask away

Enigmatic
12-24-08, 07:25 PM
Congrats! Do you know where you're headed to? LOL how was the OC Spray?

Gunner614
12-24-08, 07:38 PM
What would you say is the " job decription". Like what would a typical day as a Security Forces guard consist of. I have also been told that if you enlist in Security Forces, after the first two years, you go to normal infantry. Is that true?

Enigmatic
12-24-08, 07:46 PM
What would you say is the " job decription". Like what would a typical day as a Security Forces guard consist of. I have also been told that if you enlist in Security Forces, after the first two years, you go to normal infantry. Is that true?

Depends on the unit you go to. As any Marine can tell you, there is no such thing as a "typical day".

And yeah, generally when you sign up under the Security Forces contract, it's two years in Security Forces, three years in the fleet.

Bazzard
12-25-08, 12:39 AM
well you don't get OC at BSG you do get it when you do Non-lethal training(riot control and all that fun stuff). and I just got to My FAST unit. Plt Sgt said in a about 2-3 months we'll be doing that. I'm really not looking foreword to it at all. I've seen what it can do and it doesn't look fun at all.

Gunner there are different commands in the Security Force field. Like PRP, FAST, and going over to Camp David and doing Presidential duty, so it all depends. But this thread was really just intended for what happens at the Basic school before you go out to where ever they send you to.

Fubar5812
12-25-08, 01:10 PM
OC FREAKIN SUCKS!!!

we get OC'ed at Mp school,god i would rather get shot in the foot than get sprayed in the face with OC again.

i've heard SF is likened to "firewatch duty" in that you just get stationed to some high priority facility or something and guard it for 2 years,bored as hell all the while.any truth to this?

Bazzard
12-27-08, 12:21 AM
if you go to a PRP command yes and no. You'll be able to go to CQB/RTT school and DM school if you do everything thats expected from you. If your a turdbag then you'll be watching a fence. really It all depends on where you get station and how you carry yourself. but to tell you the truth eventually every one will be watching a fence.

Enigmatic
12-28-08, 11:42 PM
What FAST Company are you with? I was with 3rd from 06'-07. LOL, yeah Cwalling OC does suck!

bbond007
12-29-08, 12:16 AM
I get out of itb in 2 weeks, then heading to Va.. for Security Forces I wanna go CQB or MD .. how does that work? ..
ive got 300 pft and im not a ****bag so what do i need to do?

thewookie
12-29-08, 07:07 AM
I get out of itb in 2 weeks, then heading to Va.. for Security Forces I wanna go CQB or MD .. how does that work? ..
ive got 300 pft and im not a ****bag so what do i need to do?

You have to be assigned to a unit to get to one of those schools. Nobody/Not often does a Marine go from the basic security guard course to CQB or DM school. Not from FAST or from the PRP commands.

I say not often because when they started up the new MCSF post in Bahrain in 95-96, the training center shipped us "new" Marines right from the basic security guard school, and we ran a special DM school just for them to get them up and running with some DM's for the new post, but that was a unique situation.

The best way to come back and get those schools is to: get to your MCSF unit, get a little bit lucky, but be so sheet hot that you control you destiny, and then you might make it back to one of those schools.

Enigmatic
12-29-08, 03:29 PM
You have to be assigned to a unit to get to one of those schools. Nobody/Not often does a Marine go from the basic security guard course to CQB or DM school. Not from FAST or from the PRP commands.

I say not often because when they started up the new MCSF post in Bahrain in 95-96, the training center shipped us "new" Marines right from the basic security guard school, and we ran a special DM school just for them to get them up and running with some DM's for the new post, but that was a unique situation.

The best way to come back and get those schools is to: get to your MCSF unit, get a little bit lucky, but be so sheet hot that you control you destiny, and then you might make it back to one of those schools.

Awesome advice as always Wookie, but I gotta say, you're really showing your age when you say Bahrain is the "new MCSF post" :D

BRockwell
01-02-09, 03:35 PM
I just enlisted for this MOS this morning :D

Private Bazzard, if you would be so kind, what was BSG training like? What kinds of things do you train in?

Is it 2 years of Security Forces and then 2 (or 3) for the Fleet or vice versa?

Ian Blodgett
01-03-09, 05:49 AM
Hey, I just wanted some advice regarding Security Forces. Right now I have a Security Forces (PRP) contract, and after talking to another Marine friend of mine, I have determined that this is not what I want. He explained to me the different Security Forces Billets, and he told me i should get into FAST, and get it in my contract. Before I talked to him, I was under the impression that you could not get something that specific in a contract. He assured me that you can, and he is a Marine who's actually gone through Security Forces. However, I would like a second opinion, and any more information I can get on the subject.

thewookie
01-03-09, 06:39 AM
Hey, I just wanted some advice regarding Security Forces. Right now I have a Security Forces (PRP) contract, and after talking to another Marine friend of mine, I have determined that this is not what I want. He explained to me the different Security Forces Billets, and he told me i should get into FAST, and get it in my contract. Before I talked to him, I was under the impression that you could not get something that specific in a contract. He assured me that you can, and he is a Marine who's actually gone through Security Forces. However, I would like a second opinion, and any more information I can get on the subject.

Don't you think you should have done some research BEFORE you signed the bottom line. Might make sense?

Enigmatic
01-03-09, 03:13 PM

LMAO....get FAST in your contract? Either your friend's a dumb boot or he's pulling your leg.

futuremarine129
01-03-09, 07:46 PM
I'm seriously considering this MOS (or infantry) and what is really going to make or break my decision is that I have also heard that your first two years in Security Forces is wicked boring, like you basically just have firewatch for two years straight. So I guess my question would be...Is Security Forces really boring?

Ian Blodgett
01-03-09, 08:14 PM
Don't you think you should have done some research BEFORE you signed the bottom line. Might make sense?

Yes, that would make sense. The thing is, when i began talking to my recruiter, I had planned to sign an MP contract, becuase that is what I did all my research on. When I signed all my paperwork I signed a Military Police contract. At the end of my MEPS visit I was informed that I couldn't do MP becuase of the age requirements there are once you complete training. I was stuck at MEPS, and the MEPS liason told me that he had a Security Forces contract that I might be interested in. I asked him to explain what it was before I signed it, the SSGT assured me that it was the same program that my friend from high school had gone through the previous year. I guess I didn't know any better becuase I wasn't fimiliar with all of the Marine Corps abbreviations.

Ian Blodgett
01-03-09, 08:22 PM
LMAO....get FAST in your contract? Either your friend's a dumb boot or he's pulling your leg.

*Sigh* I don't know why he would be pullin' my leg about this. But no offense to a Marine, I've known him for a couple years, however he did have a tendency to overlook details like this. But I figured since he's close to being an NCO at age 19, that he knew his stuff.

Enigmatic
01-03-09, 08:59 PM
*Sigh* I don't know why he would be pullin' my leg about this. But no offense to a Marine, I've known him for a couple years, however he did have a tendency to overlook details like this. But I figured since he's close to being an NCO at age 19, that he knew his stuff.

Yeah, because 19 year-old Cpls are just a wealth of information....

There's always exceptions (like Achped, who knows his stuff), but for the most part they're just PFC's with a bloodstripe.

frenchy89
04-03-09, 04:24 PM
Im a marine thats stationed at MCSFBn Bangor, Washington

when you go to BSG you either go to a fast platoon or kings bay, ga or bangor, wa

the last two are PRP commands

i have no idea what FAST does so i cant help you new people on that

Bangor is 4 platoons, plus a RTT platoon, you stand watch for 2 weeks, and you get days off according to the schedule, you stand watch for 6 hours.

its extremely boring
even if your the most stellar locked on marine through boot camp, soi, bsg your still going to be standing ridiculous amounts of watch

good things about PRP

if your locked on and do your job, you'll get sent to alot of really good schools, besides the fact of all the watch you stand, TRUST ME when i say this, you will be getting alot alot of liberty, as far as my platoon goes you do, the chances for meritorious promotions here are vast too, schools are everywhere, ive been in platoon for 6 months and already gone to two schools and im about to go to DM school, pretty excited about it, but have no idea what to expect, haha.

PRP is a good place to start a family, college classes are offered to the battalion while your plt is out on duty for its 2 weeks because theres alot of downtime, 6 hours on 18 hours off..

but you cant leave..nice little catch to it haha.

if this was confusing just ask me,

i check my email alot so email if you like if you have anymore questions

tothewesttt@aol.com

Lupo22
04-05-09, 10:29 PM
Frenchy, a couple of questions:

1) what do you mean you can't leave during your 6 hours on, 18 hours off?? Do you sleep at the base or are you allowed back to your barracks (or house if you live off base)?

2) when you say "stand watch"...are you like standing at attention the whole time or are you walking around patrolling? I can't imagine having to stand at attention for 6 hours so I think I answered that one on my own.

3) You say you stand watch for 2 weeks...what happens after the two weeks? You get time off?

I sure hope standing watch for 2 weeks isn't like being at a firehouse...you know, 24hrs on, 48hrs off...I'd sure like to see my wife after 6 hours...

Smitty Puffs
04-07-09, 12:25 PM
Its more like 48 hours on, 24 off. I have buddies in sec forces that do 48 hour shifts all the time.

Lupo22
04-09-09, 11:58 PM
Frenchy, a couple of questions:

1) what do you mean you can't leave during your 6 hours on, 18 hours off?? Do you sleep at the base or are you allowed back to your barracks (or house if you live off base)?

2) when you say "stand watch"...are you like standing at attention the whole time or are you walking around patrolling? I can't imagine having to stand at attention for 6 hours so I think I answered that one on my own.

3) You say you stand watch for 2 weeks...what happens after the two weeks? You get time off?

I sure hope standing watch for 2 weeks isn't like being at a firehouse...you know, 24hrs on, 48hrs off...I'd sure like to see my wife after 6 hours...

Any Marines have an answer to these questions? I guess this section gets overlooked

thewookie
04-10-09, 05:46 AM
Any Marines have an answer to these questions? I guess this section gets overlooked

You didn't get any answers because your questions are too vanilla. And each duty station or post for Security Forces does what their CO wants, or the mission dictates.

Technically giving you specific post schedules and such is a potential violation of OPSEC.

One place might do it this way... the other post might do it that way.

I was involved in doing some site visits and I have seen most of the SF posts out there, back then, they all did their own thing, no two posts were alike.

I see all kinds of questions from you and that's okay, it's the purpose of this site. But just don't expect that all the answers to your questions will be easy to answer.

Worry about becoming a Marine - that schedule is 24 - 7 - 365

Lupo22
04-10-09, 12:44 PM
You didn't get any answers because your questions are too vanilla. And each duty station or post for Security Forces does what their CO wants, or the mission dictates.

Technically giving you specific post schedules and such is a potential violation of OPSEC.

One place might do it this way... the other post might do it that way.

I was involved in doing some site visits and I have seen most of the SF posts out there, back then, they all did their own thing, no two posts were alike.

I see all kinds of questions from you and that's okay, it's the purpose of this site. But just don't expect that all the answers to your questions will be easy to answer.

Worry about becoming a Marine - that schedule is 24 - 7 - 365

Gotcha Sgt. Trust me, I work everyday at becoming a Marine. Even my mentality at work when I want to stop a job or take a break, I push myself because I know thats what's going to be expected of me.

I just wanted to know what I'm getting myself into. The "glorified security job" doesn't sound appeasing but it was my way to get to the Fleet as a grunt

mbrazil
04-17-09, 11:20 PM
So just to clarify...

You stay with Security Forces for just 2 years? Can you stay longer or is that how it always is?

2114Wollmann
04-17-09, 11:48 PM
This is also my MOS. Nice to see a thread dedicated to it!

mbrazil
04-19-09, 11:02 AM
Is your spouse allowed to live on base with you?

Bazzard
06-14-09, 06:07 PM
update! Now station in good ole' Cuba. Protecting the fence line!

Bazzard
06-23-09, 10:35 AM
So just to clarify...

You stay with Security Forces for just 2 years? Can you stay longer or is that how it always is?

It is only a two year tour after that they send you to the Fleet to what ever MOS you where taught in SOI but there are exception to everything. If you pick up NCO by the end of your 2 years and they need a Sq leader really bad or if your extreamly square away there is a chance you can stay.

Jvasquez
06-23-09, 06:39 PM
i wanted to know wat prp is its not my official mos and im not sure i want to do it because i dont know much about it can any help me in telling me wat prp is and wat it does and all the catches and stuff

Lisa 23
06-23-09, 07:06 PM
Jvaaquez........you already asked this question in the Poolee forum. That is a question that should've been asked in the "Ask A Marine" forum........and "double posting" is a no-no.

Jvasquez
06-23-09, 07:08 PM
Sorry im just really worried i shoulda went to ask a marine thnxs can i ask now or do i have to delete the other forums??

Lisa 23
06-23-09, 07:17 PM
You should ask a mod if they could either move your question from the Poolee forum to the Ask A Marine forum.......or have them delete the Poolee forum question and then you can put it in the Ask A Marine forum.

Jvasquez
06-23-09, 07:18 PM
Ok.. Thanks

Lisa 23
06-23-09, 08:23 PM
Welcome. :thumbup:

atimmons
07-31-09, 05:50 AM
Congrats! Do you know where you're headed to? LOL how was the OC Spray?

Man, I remember when I got hit with OC in civ. police academy. I don't know how I'm going to react when the time comes here next year when I have to get hit with it again... Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

foxdragon84
12-23-09, 11:00 AM
How hard is it to get the security clearance for SF? Do you have to have a squeaky clean record before hand?

Lisa 23
12-23-09, 11:15 AM
Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions

MOS 8152 - - Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Guard

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/8152new.htm

poole Brian
12-23-09, 11:19 AM
Im not sure what to ask, but my MOS is security forces, what is the job in a nutshell?

Lisa 23
12-23-09, 11:22 AM
1. How about filling out ALL of your profile as it states in the rules in the poolee forum. The Marines here who are going to answer your questions like to know who we are talking to.

2. Check out the link I provided in my previous post.

Smitty Puffs
12-24-09, 03:47 PM
Im not sure what to ask, but my MOS is security forces, what is the job in a nutshell?
I'll answer your question Brian.

You're basically going to be either put into FAST Co. or PCP after you graduate SOI. FAST is Fake Ass Seal Team and usually only the fittest and smartest guys from SOI get picked for them. Their real name means Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team. You would basically train to do Direct Action counter-terrorist work involving things like oil rigs, ships, base security, etc. But, you will never actually do it because you usually just train for missions that they would rather just use SEALs for.

PCP is where you will likely end up and basically your job for 2-3 years will be to stand post as a gate gaurd at a submarine base or where Nuclear Weapons are being stored. You will never see the Nukes, you will never touch them, you will just stand around and gaurd the gate and patrol the base. Then after 2-3 years in Sec. Forces you will be sent to a regular Infantry battalion as an 03XX who wont know jack **** about his job even though you'll probably be an NCO.

And I got a question Brian, why the **** would you join the Marine Corps, pick a job, and THEN ask "what it is in a nutshell"? Isnt that a question that a brilliant young man such as yourself would ask his recruiter before he signed on the dotted line? Don't be stupid, make educated decisions.

thewookie
12-25-09, 08:43 AM
I'll answer your question Brian.

You're basically going to be either put into FAST Co. or PCP after you graduate SOI. FAST is Fake Ass Seal Team and usually only the fittest and smartest guys from SOI get picked for them. Their real name means Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team. You would basically train to do Direct Action counter-terrorist work involving things like oil rigs, ships, base security, etc. But, you will never actually do it because you usually just train for missions that they would rather just use SEALs for.

PCP is where you will likely end up and basically your job for 2-3 years will be to stand post as a gate gaurd at a submarine base or where Nuclear Weapons are being stored. You will never see the Nukes, you will never touch them, you will just stand around and gaurd the gate and patrol the base. Then after 2-3 years in Sec. Forces you will be sent to a regular Infantry battalion as an 03XX who wont know jack **** about his job even though you'll probably be an NCO.

And I got a question Brian, why the **** would you join the Marine Corps, pick a job, and THEN ask "what it is in a nutshell"? Isnt that a question that a brilliant young man such as yourself would ask his recruiter before he signed on the dotted line? Don't be stupid, make educated decisions.

It is PRP -- not PCP.

AND

PRP = Personal Reliability Program.

PCP = Pork Chop Platoon.

Get your facts straight before you start spouting off. Semper Fi - Merry Chrtstmas

Oh, and there is more wrong with your response(s) but I'll leave it alone, for now.

Free research section - http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/usmc/mcsfbn.htm

poole Brian
12-25-09, 12:03 PM
well i did talk to my recruiter about the job he told i would be doing guard duty for about 2 years and then infantry for the next 2 years. i just wanted to make sure that was the truth. sorry

dep11191
01-26-10, 07:05 PM
How long are the deployments for fast?

andypyun
01-26-10, 10:26 PM
are there bonuses for be in the Security Force?

Smitty Puffs
02-07-10, 12:34 AM
Ya you get to do extra firewatch. And firewatch is sweet.

Mulls
02-07-10, 09:03 AM
i'm plenty pumped to go in for Security Forces. people tell me it's just a security job, and it involves a lot of standing around doing nothing, but a job doesn't have to be action-packed for it to be important. none of us poolees know anything about how the Corps is going to be (no matter how much we research online, we dont know squat), so we might as well go where the Corps requests and be happy with it because all of us serve a purpose here and it's not about the individual as much as it is the about collective effort of a group of individuals to do something greater than themselves.

JSam
05-31-10, 01:48 PM
Alright, just to bring this thread nack to life.
Security Forces in a nutshell... where to start.

Basic Security Guard school is in Chesapeake, VA, in the middle of butt**** nowhere. You'll do your Pistol qual there, along with your shotgun day qual and night qual. You'll learn about, but never fire, the M240B/G, Mk19 and M2 .50 cal. After your three weeks in weapons, you'll move on to PhyTac (Physical Security and Tactics) and learn classes such as terrorist operations, safeguarding classified materials, and how to stand post. Then you have you FinEx... final exercise. That's a little surprise I'll let you find out about.

common misconceptions: You don't get sprayed. You don't get tased. Both of those are during nonlethal training with either your FAST platoons, PRP Commands, or 8th&I commands.

Now, FAST Co.: The majority of SF guys will get sent there. It means they probably can't hold a TS clearance. Lots of high speed, low drag training. You'll deploy around to Cuba, spain, and other places to support embassies and such.
PRP guys: Bangor or Kingsbay. You'll be standing post constantly. Guarding nukes. The end.

PSD/8th&I: 12 hour shifts of standing post. In blues. With parades every friday night from the 1st friday in may, to the last friday in august. Sounds boring, but the job oportunities afterwards are worth it.

Poolee Morrison
08-17-10, 09:50 PM
I enlisted for this MOS. Cant wait.

poole Brian
08-19-10, 09:19 PM
im going to into bootcamp monday. and i just wanna know how do you find out if your in a fast company or prp? or do i get to choose?

poole Brian
08-19-10, 09:22 PM
what do you mean "high speed, low drag training"?

poole Brian
08-19-10, 09:23 PM
The majority of SF guys will get sent there. It means they probably can't hold a TS clearance. Lots of high speed, low drag training.
what do you mean high speed, low drag training?

Deryck
08-03-12, 10:10 AM
Yesterday I recieved a list of jobs that i qualify for according to my ASVAB scores but im having alot of trouble deciding between; Marine Corps Security Forces (both regular and PRP), Intelligence/Signals Intel/Grnd Elec Warfare, and Aviation Electronics Technician...... i need to now which is the best job to choose between these jobs according to people that know alot about them.

-Thank you :flag:

Corps CrossFit
08-13-12, 09:11 AM
Some guys get a $5000 bonus for going Security Forces, but they are few and far between.

Corps CrossFit
08-13-12, 09:14 AM
Yesterday I recieved a list of jobs that i qualify for according to my ASVAB scores but im having alot of trouble deciding between; Marine Corps Security Forces (both regular and PRP), Intelligence/Signals Intel/Grnd Elec Warfare, and Aviation Electronics Technician...... i need to now which is the best job to choose between these jobs according to people that know alot about them.

-Thank you :flag:

It really just depends on what you want to do...if you decide to go with Security Forces, I would highly recommend avoiding PRP...all you're gonna do is stand a bunch of gate-guard-style post. (of course you would possibly be able to go to Close Quarters Battle school in PRP) but I would try to get with a FAST platoon if you go Security Forces. Intel fields aren't bad either if you're into that sort of thing...I don't know much about the aviation electronics tech side...if you go Security Forces or Intel, you'll be coming to Virginia for your schooling...Chesapeake, VA for Security Forces and Virginia Beach, VA for all the Intel MOS

Corps CrossFit
08-13-12, 09:16 AM
How long are the deployments for fast?

Nearly all the FAST platoons will deploy to Cuba for approximately 3 months. After that, you'll do a 6-7 month workup for your next deployment...1st FAST (Alpha) deploys to Rota, Spain, 2nd FAST (Bravo) deploys to Yakuska, Japan, and 3rd FAST (Charlie) deploys to El Manama, Bahrain. These deployments generally are around 7 months long. From these 3 main areas, the FAST platoons cover different sectors of the world, to which they can be deployed in the event of an incident at an embassy for example.

thewookie
08-14-12, 09:23 AM
Some guys get a $5000 bonus for going Security Forces, but they are few and far between.

I see from your profile that you are working the rocks down on Iams range. I am wondering, does CWO Grasty still work there? I hear he is retired now and running the range as a civilian?

One more question for you -- is the Bill Rogers Range still in one of the cells downrange?

Thanks and Semper Fi.

CrossCoreCombat
08-28-12, 04:30 PM
I see from your profile that you are working the rocks down on Iams range. I am wondering, does CWO Grasty still work there? I hear he is retired now and running the range as a civilian?

One more question for you -- is the Bill Rogers Range still in one of the cells downrange?

Thanks and Semper Fi.

CWO Grasty is still down there...they've changed the ranges up a bit, but I'm guessing you're referring to the shooting gallery-style range...it's still there...

CrossCoreCombat
08-28-12, 04:31 PM
**I was formerly under the name "Corps CrossFit"...here's some more Security Forces Info**

Okay...just to clear things up a bit...from the standpoint of someone that has been through the Marine Corps Security Forces cycle, and is now back at the school as a Combat Weapons Instructor.

If you have selected to go to Marine Corps Security Forces as part of your enlistment contract, you will most likely have a "UV" or "UW" designator on your contract. Additionally, your primary MOS will be 03XX.

You will go to Recruit Training, and upon graduation, you will most likely go on "Boot Leave" where you will have approximately 10 days of vacation time. For some of you, you will also serve "RA" which is Recruiter's Assistance (and is basically helping out your recruiter...and more vacation time).

You will go to Infantry Training Battalion (ITB) either on the west or east coast. Depending on the company you are with during ITB, you may be afforded the option to be one of the 03XX weapons MOS (0331 - Machine Gunner, 0341 - Mortarman, 0351 - Assaultman, 0352 - Anti-Tank Missileman) Some companies in ITB allow their contract Security Forces Marines to be weapons MOS, some restrict them to only being 0311 - Rifleman. It will all be up to chance for you.

Upon graduation from ITB, you will be sent to Chesapeake, Virginia to NSA Northwest Annex, where the Marine Corps Security Force Training Company is located.

When you arrive, you will most likely spend a few weeks on "standby" where you will wait to begin your training. During this time, you will spend much of your weekdays cleaning the barracks and doing various working parties around the base.

When you finally begin your training, you will have officially started the Basic Security Guard School (BSG). The first 3 weeks of BSG are spent with the Combat Weapons Instructors. During this time, you will learn, shoot and qualify on the M9 Service Pistol, M1014 Service Shotgun, and M16 Service Rifle. You will also be taught classes on the M240B Machine Gun, the M2 .50 Cal Machine Gun, and the M19 Automatic Grenade Launcher. You will practice range cards, weapon employment and do some shooting in a simulated environment (much like a video game system, but with real weapons).

After you complete the 3 weeks of training in the Combat Weapons section, you will transition to the Physical Security and Tactics Instructors (PhyTac) where you will finish out the remaining 3 weeks of training for BSG. Here, you will learn about standing post, escalation of force, rules of engagement, entry control points/vehicle control points (ECP/VCP) and all practical application of Security Forces skills.

Upon completion of the PhyTac portion of training, you will be tested through a practical evaluation called the FinEx (Final Exercise).

You will graduate the BSG school and will be sent to your respective units.

Now...about which units are available:

8th & I: These are Presidential detail units that usually end up at Camp David. If you will be going to this unit, you will know before you ever begin BSG school.

PRP (Personal Reliability Program): There are 2 bases that have PRP commands. Kings Bay, Georgia & Bangor, Washington (the state). These commands work with the Master at Arms in the Navy and guard facilities that house nuclear weapons.

Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team (FAST): There are 3 FAST companies.

Alpha Company is in Norfolk, Virginia. They deploy to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and Rota, Spain. They are responsible for the European areas surrounding Spain.

Bravo Company is in Yorktown, Virginia. They deploy to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and Yokosuka, Japan. They are responsible for the Pacific areas surrounding Japan.

Charlie Company is in Norfolk, Virginia. They deploy to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and El Manama, Bahrain. They are responsible for the Middle Eastern areas surrounding Bahrain.

When you first arrive at Chesapeake, Virginia for BSG school, you will be interviewed if you are not already assigned to 8th & I. During this screening, you will be asked a series of questions that will determine your eligibility for PRP or FAST. You will be given a wish list of choices, but ultimately, you don't have a say in the matter.

If you have any questions regarding anything else about Security Forces, email me. I'm still currently an instructor in the Combat Weapons Section of the BSG schoolhouse.