PDA

View Full Version : A gift for each of you.

firstsgtmike
06-11-03, 02:00 AM
I started to post this as a response to:

"It's a part of what I do when things need to be dealt with. It's even worked one or twice."

on another thread.

I felt this was could stand on it's own and was worth sharing.

I first heard this, almost 50 years ago. And all I can say is, "It's worked for me!"

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

-------------------------------
This came from the movie, White Christmas, and both Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney cut records of it.

This was back in the days when lyrics meant something, and were worth remembering.

In the immortal words of June Christy, "I wish you love."

wrbones
06-11-03, 02:13 AM
The lyrics in that song are good advice fer gettin' some sleep once in awhile. Gotta try and think about the good things in life. No matter what happens, tomorrow's still comin'....and sooner or later, no matter how bad it is, it will get some better.

I like that old movie, myself.

NEWB
06-11-03, 02:36 AM
I agree with both you and bones on this subject. To many people today are worried about how can I have more and then how do I hold onto it. They are forgetting to be grateful for just what they have. It's the little things in everyday life that count. Things like when your child puts his little hand in yours, the way your wife runs her fingers across your face, a childs laughter and giggles. Things like these have kept me out of the looney bin for a long time now. I can sleep real well by just doing like the song says: Counting my blessings. By the way, my mom sang that song to me as a child and I have loved it since. Thanks Top.

firstsgtmike
06-11-03, 06:31 AM
NewB,

Never a man stands so tall, as when he stoops to grasp the hand of a child.