PDA

View Full Version : For when you poolees make it to the Marine side

Whitey
12-17-08, 05:06 PM
Some stuff to cover while you're in town or some of it even applies to leave

Rule 1: If you live in Eastern North Carolina or Southern California and have a High and tight, high reg or even alot of times medium reg you do not need to wear a shirt claiming you are a Marine everybody already knows.
Rule 2: Girls you meet do not want to hear about how mean your Drill Instructors were.
Rule 3: Guys at the bar do not want to hear about how mean your Drill Instructors were.
Rule 4: If you wear an "OORAH" 2nd BN shirt out, don't start a fight in public with the other Marine who wore his 3rd BN shirt, nobody cares.

Rule 5: Wearing pieces of your uniform ie. Boots, web belt, ect... does not look cool, and you should actually get kicked in the teeth for it.
Rule 6: When going to the beach, for the love of Christ, do not wear your dog tags, this is not Top Gun, it does not attract women.
Rule 7: Don't go in a group of 8 to the mall and strut around like badasses because here's whats gonna happen.
A. You are all going to look retarded.
B. All the senior Marines that have been around for more than a year will laugh at you
C. You'll just have to get used to hearing "boots" while out

Rule 8: The girl in the local town who comes up to you and acts surprised and turned on when you tell her you are a Marine, has been with everybody else on Cherry Point.
Rule 9: Girls do not want to hook up with you in a $25 hotel you and 9 other dudes rented for the night...if she does well....big dose of warning to use protection.

Rule 10: If you see some one of higher rank carrying their uniform out of the cleaners in town it is not necessary to say OORAH SGT or what ever rank they are, and it makes you look stupid.
Rule 12: If your buddy starts talking to a girl or is hanging out with a girl the first words out of your mouth shouldn't be "does she have any hot friends?" find your own!

Rule 13: hooking up with a deployed marines wife who is out there looking for whatever Marine she can find is NOT ****ING COOL.

Rule 14: MCMAP does not make you Chuck Norris, so shut up before you have to use your dental plan to the max.
Rule 15: Rank stickers above your Base Decal do not make you cool if you're not an NCO

Rule 16: marine corps related tattoos...lets just say 90% of them are tacky or over done

Rule 17: if you have a back pack(especially one that says usmc or is digi cammie), jeans that squeeze oxygen from your crotch, cd players, cowboy hats, cowboy boots, looking "thugged out", dip can circle jeans, etc etc etc do not wear into town. you paint a huge "dumba**" target on your back for senior marines to screw with.

Rule 18: If you ever see another Jarhead in trouble, and he doesn't deserve it, help him out, it might be your ass that needs help some day.
Rule 19: hand signals you learned in MCT make you look even more ridiculous, I can't count how many devils I've pulled aside in one weekend telling to knock that crap off because it's embarassing.
Rule 20: espirit de corps is great when you're at work, on base, with your buddies at the barracks, anywhere near someone in the army(again on a military base) but civilians could give 2 ****s and you look like an idiot.

i think jacksonville and oceanside has made me a little salty...

1stRad2671
12-17-08, 06:58 PM
LOL Words to live by. Glad I was never stationed in those places where Marines are a dime a dozen.

Rains
12-17-08, 06:59 PM
I'll remember these little tips. :D

degenerate138
12-17-08, 07:29 PM
"Rule 12: If your buddy starts talking to a girl or is hanging out with a girl the first words out of your mouth shouldn't be "does she have any hot friends?" find your own!"

I don't get why this is a problem.

Enigmatic
12-17-08, 07:52 PM
Rule 21: Just cause you're on leave does not mean you can rock them diamond earrings.

Had one Marine in Oki, his leave request got approved and he put his civvies on and is about to take off and decides to stop by the Company Gunnery Sergeant's office to thank him for approving his leave request. I'm in there talking to the Gunny (his office was right next to mine) and in walks this PFC in civvies, with big ol' rocks in his ears. I excused myself.....and hear the yelling from down the hall. Needless to say, dude got his leave canked, and got a Pg. 11 out of it.

echo3oscar1833
12-17-08, 08:14 PM
Well said brother.:marine: Semper Fi

Whitey
12-17-08, 08:14 PM
haha why. what kind of idiot would do that?

and the reason rule 12 is a problem is because most marines take it upon themselves to ask the girl as opposed to finding their own woman. trust me, it gets annoying if you have that friend who can't find a girl and you are getting ready to leave for a night out with her and hes like "dude you should bring me, maybe she has a friend thats hot" ....ass...no...it's a date.

Fubar5812
12-17-08, 08:23 PM
I think I might print this out and tape it to the firewatch desk right next to the liberty logout book.

BR34
12-17-08, 08:52 PM
Why would someone thank the CO Gunny for leave anyway?

Enigmatic
12-17-08, 09:18 PM
Why would someone thank the CO Gunny for leave anyway?

Cause he approved his leave, and I guess he thought thanking the Gunny would somehow help him out for future cases...

You have no idea how many PFCs and LCpls I had to shoo away cause they wanted to talk directly to the Company Gunny, 1stSgt and even CO.....

NoRemorse
12-17-08, 10:17 PM
Rule 5: Wearing pieces of your uniform ie. Boots, web belt, ect... does not look cool, and you should actually get kicked in the teeth for it.

Not only is it not cool; it's about the least heterosexual thing you can do.

Rule 22: Don't go out on your OFP; this usually starts right around graduation and continues until you get to MOS school and officially get the ch!t kicked out of you for forgetting everything your drill instructors taught you for 3 stinkin' months straight!

Whitey
12-17-08, 10:26 PM
maybe we should sticky this and keep adding to it?

MotivatorOfTheGuard
12-17-08, 11:01 PM
Rule 23: If you see your NCO out in town, and you are one of his or her boots, most likely you are the last person he wants to see in town. To the rear, march, doubletime.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-18-08, 12:21 AM
I love the list, I used to have something like this on the bulletin board in the cage where we kept our gear.

I will just say that there is one exception to the rule. If you head to a beach that isn't close to a military base, dog tags can help. We had a great time in Miami simply because one idiot decided to wear his dog tags to the beach.

sim37
12-18-08, 12:44 PM
Rule 24: If you go around saying Oohrah! to every store clerk and civilian you see, you demean us all and make us look like morons, cut it out.

samfreed7
12-18-08, 05:03 PM
Some stuff to cover while you're in town or some of it even applies to leave

Rule 1: If you live in Eastern North Carolina or Southern California and have a High and tight, high reg or even alot of times medium reg you do not need to wear a shirt claiming you are a Marine everybody already knows.
Rule 2: Girls you meet do not want to hear about how mean your Drill Instructors were.
Rule 3: Guys at the bar do not want to hear about how mean your Drill Instructors were.
Rule 4: If you wear an "OORAH" 2nd BN shirt out, don't start a fight in public with the other Marine who wore his 3rd BN shirt, nobody cares.

Rule 6: When going to the beach, for the love of Christ, do not wear your dog tags, this is not Top Gun, it does not attract women.
Rule 7: Don't go in a group of 8 to the mall and strut around like badasses because here's whats gonna happen.
A. You are all going to look retarded.
B. All the senior Marines that have been around for more than a year will laugh at you
C. You'll just have to get used to hearing "boots" while out

Rule 8: The girl in the local town who comes up to you and acts surprised and turned on when you tell her you are a Marine, has been with everybody else on Cherry Point.
Rule 9: Girls do not want to hook up with you in a $25 hotel you and 9 other dudes rented for the night...if she does well....big dose of warning to use protection.

Rule 10: If you see some one of higher rank carrying their uniform out of the cleaners in town it is not necessary to say OORAH SGT or what ever rank they are, and it makes you look stupid.
Rule 12: If your buddy starts talking to a girl or is hanging out with a girl the first words out of your mouth shouldn't be "does she have any hot friends?" find your own!

Rule 13: hooking up with a deployed marines wife who is out there looking for whatever Marine she can find is NOT ****ING COOL.

Rule 14: MCMAP does not make you Chuck Norris, so shut up before you have to use your dental plan to the max.
Rule 15: Rank stickers above your Base Decal do not make you cool if you're not an NCO

Rule 16: marine corps related tattoos...lets just say 90% of them are tacky or over done

Rule 17: if you have a back pack(especially one that says usmc or is digi cammie), jeans that squeeze oxygen from your crotch, cd players, cowboy hats, cowboy boots, looking "thugged out", dip can circle jeans, etc etc etc do not wear into town. you paint a huge "dumba**" target on your back for senior marines to screw with.

Rule 18: If you ever see another Jarhead in trouble, and he doesn't deserve it, help him out, it might be your ass that needs help some day.
Rule 19: hand signals you learned in MCT make you look even more ridiculous, I can't count how many devils I've pulled aside in one weekend telling to knock that crap off because it's embarassing.
Rule 20: espirit de corps is great when you're at work, on base, with your buddies at the barracks, anywhere near someone in the army(again on a military base) but civilians could give 2 ****s and you look like an idiot.

i think jacksonville and oceanside has made me a little salty...

:)This is hilarious because that is how all of the marines that just graduated bootcamp act and how they dress... I especially like the one about asking if you have any hot friends,, being a female poolee the new marines ALWAYS ask me that,, it incredibly annoying

Enigmatic
12-18-08, 05:20 PM
:)This is hilarious because that is how all of the marines that just graduated bootcamp act and how they dress... I especially like the one about asking if you have any hot friends,, being a female poolee the new marines ALWAYS ask me that,, it incredibly annoying

Well.....do you? :D

samfreed7
12-18-08, 05:22 PM
Well.....do you? :D

Oh haha very funny:)
of course i do!

Whitey
12-18-08, 07:19 PM
hahaha amazing

Drill for life
12-18-08, 07:23 PM
It's veryy funny to see a Girl who is smoking hot like a 9 or 10 and all of her friends are fat and ugly ewwww, nasty.

NoRemorse
12-18-08, 08:18 PM
It's veryy funny to see a Girl who is smoking hot like a 9 or 10 and all of her friends are fat and ugly ewwww, nasty.

So you like ALL of this girl's friends?

Books
12-18-08, 08:32 PM

9 or 10? Dude, the scale is very simple:

0 or 1.

If it is 1-10, there has to be a point where one says "yes" or "no", and since each guy is different, there is absolutely no point in a 1-10 scale because one guy's 7 may be another's 5, and while one guy may be interested in a 7 (who may be another's 4...) some other guy will make the cut off at like 8. So it's very useless. On the other hand, the "0 or 1" scale is a very clear-cut expression to the rest of the pack on whether she is A) attractive or unattractive or B) doable.

*This poolee requests that no Women Marines read the preceding post*

Rains
12-18-08, 08:36 PM

0 or 1.

If it is 1-10, there has to be a point where one says "yes" or "no", and since each guy is different, there is absolutely no point in a 1-10 scale because one guy's 7 may be another's 5, and while one guy may be interested in a 7 (who may be another's 4...) some other guy will make the cut off at like 8. So it's very useless. On the other hand, the "0 or 1" scale is a very clear-cut expression to the rest of the pack on whether she is A) attractive or unattractive or B) doable.

:D
You made me laugh. Its acually true, but funny.

Wyoming
12-19-08, 08:21 AM

Rule # First and Foremost - Marines is ALWAYS capitalized!!!

It is Marine Corps, not Corp.

Your Recruiter is just that, your Recruiter. He has a job to do and is doing it quite well. Having a drink or a laugh with you when you are a poolee is part of his job. Once you ship to boot, his job is done, and you ain't aszhole buddies no more. Iffen you get dumped in boot, don't come whining to him or her.

Last thing, if you see a mature person on the street, say wearing a Marine Corps cap or whatever, DO NOT yell out Semper Fidelis to him in a boot asz voice. A simple Thank You, for your service, will suffice. If he wants to reply, he will, as he has already noticed you and is actually quite proud (envious) of YOUR service.

samfreed7
12-19-08, 09:50 AM

0 or 1.

^ this is sooooo true,, Even for girls

very nice!! haha:p

sim37
12-19-08, 10:02 AM
Rule # next: Don't go around on libo talking trash on your NCO's, they will find out (because they are standing right behind you and have hearing like a fox) and you will pay.

Wyoming
12-19-08, 10:50 AM
I used to find it incredible, but no longer, just how you poolees can hijack a thread and turn it into your own personal chat!!

Fubar5812
12-19-08, 02:34 PM
seriously getting off track here poolees,you wanna talk about girls and stuff take it to AIM.

Rule# starting **** with other services out on town makes BOTH of you look bad.that tan belt doesn't make you a f***ing ninja.

Whitey
12-19-08, 07:58 PM
i think i created a monster but poolees, this advice is some good ****.

rule# next(again). when picking a fight with a sailor make sure he isn't A. well trained in various martial arts B. a Corpsman(they are usually with Marines in town) or C. a SEAL.

I did barrack stitches to my friend after this one night when i warned him clearly i would not have his back cause i dont like seeing my own blood in a bar

Achped
12-19-08, 09:39 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL

The jacksonville mall was the worst place I'd ever been in my life. I enjoy Iraq more than that hell hole. It'd be a great place to live if I was like 30 and married, but as an 18 year old with no vehicle, it blew balls.

As for the point system, wait till you get to Iraq. A 3 will become a 10. In fact, there aren't even numbers. Any female is a 10.

degenerate138
12-19-08, 09:52 PM
Hahah.

Achped
12-20-08, 10:04 AM
What are you laughing at poolee?

NoRemorse
12-20-08, 10:10 AM
Rule number WAY UP THERE

Respect the Colors at all times and instruct those who don't know how to fly the Colors properly on how to do so with honor.

If you don't I swear to God Almighty I'll fricken kill you!!!

Wyoming
12-20-08, 10:40 AM
I used to find it incredible, but no longer, just how you poolees can hijack a thread and turn it into your own personal chat!!

A really great thread has gone to hell.

sim37
12-20-08, 09:29 PM
Rule # next next: You should learn this in boot. But because I saw it all of the time, I'm going to remind. If an officer walks by and you are in uniform smoking, TAKE THE CIGARETTE OUT OF YOUR MOUTH before you salute. That would drive me crazy to no end. Had to re-arrange rocks in alphabetical order a couple of times.

sim37
12-20-08, 09:31 PM
Rule # next (again +1): You know who the 10% is in your platoon. On liberty, stay away from them they will only get you in trouble. If you don't know who the 10% is, chances are you are probably one of them. Stick with the Marines that have common sense and it will do you well.

Don't be afraid to correct those who are screwing around either.

tripletgirl101
12-30-08, 04:38 PM
I watched an Ocean Force and on there 2 "Marines" were drunk and they got in trouble and they were all like "Man we are doin ya'll a favor, were goin to Iraq next week" turns out they haven't even gone to boot camp yet.... You may want to make a rule about that....

NoRemorse
12-30-08, 06:11 PM
I watched an Ocean Force and on there 2 "Marines" were drunk and they got in trouble and they were all like "Man we are doin ya'll a favor, were goin to Iraq next week" turns out they haven't even gone to boot camp yet.... You may want to make a rule about that....

There's an unwritten set of rules for posers. You can find it here on Leatherneck.com :)

BR34
12-30-08, 06:29 PM

Forget rules, there's a law for that!

tripletgirl101
12-30-08, 06:32 PM
LOL true, apparently those 2 did not get the memo.

Drill for life
12-30-08, 09:36 PM
i think i created a monster but poolees, this advice is some good ****.

rule# next(again). when picking a fight with a sailor make sure he isn't A. well trained in various martial arts B. a Corpsman(they are usually with Marines in town) or C. a SEAL.

I did barrack stitches to my friend after this one night when i warned him clearly i would not have his back cause i dont like seeing my own blood in a bar

It is pretty Easy to tell if a Sailor is on eof those things if you are a real Marin or have little knowledge of the military.

Enigmatic
12-30-08, 09:48 PM
It is pretty Easy to tell if a Sailor is on eof those things if you are a real Marin or have little knowledge of the military.

Whiskey tango foxtrot? Your post hurt my head.