PDA

View Full Version : Marine news

DAMNPROUD
12-16-08, 07:01 AM
can anyone point me in the direction of a good Marine news web site?like whats really going on in the "stan", future deployments,just general news?
Miss Ellie does a great job just looking for more.
keith

Corpspapa
12-17-08, 05:40 AM
Howdy Keith, when my son initially deployed, I did web searches for things like The Pentagon Channel, Marine Corps News (and MarinesTV), and DoD. The Pentagon Channel site has a link for OIF/OEF Newscasts which are pretty informative. Of course, this is all official release stuff.

I use Google, and if you take the time to register with them, you can sign up for "News Alerts" where you can enter specific key words, and you will receive e-mails containing news reports based on your searches. I had about 7 or 8 different alerts set up. You can set them to update once a day, or as-it-happens. Yes, I deleted a lot, but there were also a lot that I kept. I believe Yahoo and MSN have a similar option.

Of course, there are the usual media news sites, but two I found helpful were LexisNexis News and Newstin. Especially the latter.

Hope this helps.

0231Marine
12-17-08, 07:51 AM
I would recommed http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/

They have a ton of good information for Marines and family members. I would actually recommed subscribing (top right corner of the webpage) to it as there is more information in the print version (comes out weekly) including deployments and locations, news on Marine Corps advancements in technology and stories from the front lines as their reporters are Marines themselves at the units. Great stuff to keep you well informed

DAMNPROUD
12-17-08, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys thats what i was looking for

mgkusmc
12-22-08, 02:32 PM
Yea Marine Corps Times is a good one, which reminds me I need to update my subscription.