PDA

View Full Version : 3rd times the charm???

rosary9mm
12-11-08, 05:56 PM
So First 2 Times I Depped In Were Into The Navy, First Time I Was Young And Dumb, F*cked Up Too Much, And Ran A Muck And That Was 4 Years Ago. Second Time I Depped In Was Jan 'o8, With A Ship Date For June 30. My Intentions Were Special Warfare, So I Was Bustin My Ass, Working Out, Since I Had 6 Months Before My Ship Date. 4 1/2 Months Went By, And In Training I Strained My Shoulder, Dont Know Exactly What Happened But I Was In A Shoulder Brace For About 6 Weeks, Which Led All The Way Up To My Ship Date. With A Still Immobile Shoulder My Recruiter Tried To Get Me Shipped, He Didn't Really Care About My Condition. I Refused To Ship Out In That Condition, Given That My Shoulder Wasn't Healed. He Told Me To Fake It And Pretend It To Happen During Boot Camp. I Asked Repeatedly To Have My Ship Date Pushed Back About A Month So I Could Allow It To Heal And Then Ship Out. Got Refused By My Recruiter, The Chief Recruiter At That Office, And Up The Chain Of Command As Well. So All In All I Did Not Ship Out. 6 Months Have Gon By, I Just Got Laid Off From My Job Bcuz Of The Economy And I Worked With A Marine Reservist Who Told Me To Join The Corps, I Also Know A Few Marines, And They Told Me The Same Thing. my Concern In All Of This Is Would I Be Allowed To Enlist Given My 2 Previous Attempts Thru The Navy?
My Asvab Scores Are Still Valid, Got A High Gt For The Marines, And My Buddies Tell Me I Can Pretty Much Have Any Mos Available To Me.

BR34
12-11-08, 05:58 PM
So you want to join the Marine Corps because you got fired and because a couple buddies TOLD you to?

rosary9mm
12-11-08, 06:13 PM
nobody told me to do anything, i asked them about the corps. and not cuz i got fired, my intentions were to leave early next year if things didnt improve. which clearly they didnt.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-11-08, 06:23 PM
Calling a recruiter is the only way to find out. Being a DEP-loss twice isn't the greatest. But if you're honest and tell them what happened you may be able to make it happen.

rosary9mm
12-11-08, 06:29 PM
yea i got a recruiter's number just the other day, i'll prolly give him a call tomorrow. thanks man!

0231Marine
12-11-08, 07:57 PM
Got A High Gt For The Marines...

Are you implying something here?

Wyoming
12-11-08, 08:05 PM
hey man you depped into the navy twice for special warfare what is that were you gonna be a seal wow a seal really what kind of mos do want in the corp is it like warfare why did the navy want you to cheat and lie is that the way they do it how much bonus are you passing up for someone broke it would seem to be what you need man or better than that CLICK HERE (http://navy.com/)

rosary9mm
12-11-08, 11:14 PM
Are you implying something here?

a high gt score, thats all thats being implied.

rosary9mm
12-11-08, 11:16 PM
hey man you depped into the navy twice for special warfare what is that were you gonna be a seal wow a seal really what kind of mos do want in the corp is it like warfare why did the navy want you to cheat and lie is that the way they do it how much bonus are you passing up for someone broke it would seem to be what you need man or better than that :thumbdownCLICK HERE (http://navy.com/):thumbdown

no i depped in the first time "to help" get a buddy a higher rank, with the whole 2 ppl for E2 and 4 ppl for E3. dats why i depped. second time i was goin for SWCC.

oifvet23
12-12-08, 12:45 AM
somebody get an etool, its gettin deep

Enigmatic
12-12-08, 01:10 AM
no i depped in the first time "to help" get a buddy a higher rank, with the whole 2 ppl for E2 and 4 ppl for E3. dats why i depped. second time i was goin for SWCC.

Wow, you joined the navy just to help a buddy get a higher rank??? Well....least we know you're not a blue falcon...

rosary9mm
12-12-08, 01:31 AM
Wow, you joined the navy just to help a buddy get a higher rank??? Well....least we know you're not a blue falcon...

yea BS long story for that one...

oifvet23
12-12-08, 02:38 AM
whats coming out of your mouth sounds like the BS

BR34
12-12-08, 06:15 AM
nobody told me to do anything

Really?

Marine Reservist Who Told Me To Join The Corps, I Also Know A Few Marines, And They Told Me The Same Thing

Okay, carry on.

Big Jim
12-12-08, 07:30 AM
So First 2 Times I Depped In Were Into The Navy, First Time I Was Young And Dumb, F*cked Up Too Much, And Ran A Muck And That Was 4 Years Ago. Second Time I Depped In Was Jan 'o8, With A Ship Date For June 30. My Intentions Were Special Warfare, So I Was Bustin My Ass, Working Out, Since I Had 6 Months Before My Ship Date. 4 1/2 Months Went By, And In Training I Strained My Shoulder, Dont Know Exactly What Happened But I Was In A Shoulder Brace For About 6 Weeks, Which Led All The Way Up To My Ship Date. With A Still Immobile Shoulder My Recruiter Tried To Get Me Shipped, He Didn't Really Care About My Condition. I Refused To Ship Out In That Condition, Given That My Shoulder Wasn't Healed. He Told Me To Fake It And Pretend It To Happen During Boot Camp. I Asked Repeatedly To Have My Ship Date Pushed Back About A Month So I Could Allow It To Heal And Then Ship Out. Got Refused By My Recruiter, The Chief Recruiter At That Office, And Up The Chain Of Command As Well. So All In All I Did Not Ship Out. 6 Months Have Gon By, I Just Got Laid Off From My Job Bcuz Of The Economy And I Worked With A Marine Reservist Who Told Me To Join The Corps, I Also Know A Few Marines, And They Told Me The Same Thing. my Concern In All Of This Is Would I Be Allowed To Enlist Given My 2 Previous Attempts Thru The Navy?
My Asvab Scores Are Still Valid, Got A High Gt For The Marines, And My Buddies Tell Me I Can Pretty Much Have Any Mos Available To Me.

First things first....make your own decisions boy....because you're the only one who is going to live with them. It sounds like you have pretty much everything squared away with joining the Navy. Nobody can tell you whether or not the 3rd time is the charm for you to graduate either Navy recruit training or Marine Corp bootcamp. You can't tell if you'll get hurt again but one thing is for sure...if you don't start living your own life and stop listening to what other people think you should do...you'll be somewhere you don't want to be really quick.....

rosary9mm
12-12-08, 05:39 PM
Really?

Marine Reservist Who Told Me To Join The Corps, I Also Know A Few Marines, And They Told Me The Same Thing

Okay, carry on.

fine. i'll rephrase that. i confronted them about the Corps. asked a few questions, explained my current situation. asked if in my current status, would the corps be beneficial at this point. they told me yes. better?

SGT7477
12-12-08, 06:01 PM

When in doubt, go army.:evilgrin:

Big Jim
12-12-08, 09:10 PM
fine. i'll rephrase that. i confronted them about the Corps. asked a few questions, explained my current situation. asked if in my current status, would the corps be beneficial at this point. they told me yes. better?

....AND ITS OUR FAULT YOU ARE UNABLE TO CLEARLY COMMUNICATE WITH PROPER SENTENCE STRUCTURE...?? THEN WHEN WE TELL YOU ABOUT THE FIRST PROBLEMS OF YOU DOING WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU TO DO...YOU GET ATTITUDE HUH...?? HEY YOU'RE THE ONE WHO NEEDS THIS INFORMATION...I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU GET THE TIME OF DAY FROM ANYONE NOW......LEARN SOME FRIKKIN RESPECT BOY THEN GO TO ENGLISH CLASS AND LEARN SOME FRIKKIN COMMUNICATION SKILLS....!!!

Wyoming
12-12-08, 09:16 PM
Big Jim, he never got the answers he wanted, so he punked out. Typical.

Let him come back and try again. Then he can GO NAVY!!

I do have a question on this rank thingy. You sign someone up and get rank for it. OK, that I understand, but you never went in, so did they still get the uplift?

rosary9mm
12-12-08, 10:12 PM

....AND ITS OUR FAULT YOU ARE UNABLE TO CLEARLY COMMUNICATE WITH PROPER SENTENCE STRUCTURE...?? THEN WHEN WE TELL YOU ABOUT THE FIRST PROBLEMS OF YOU DOING WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU TO DO...YOU GET ATTITUDE HUH...?? HEY YOU'RE THE ONE WHO NEEDS THIS INFORMATION...I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU GET THE TIME OF DAY FROM ANYONE NOW......LEARN SOME FRIKKIN RESPECT BOY THEN GO TO ENGLISH CLASS AND LEARN SOME FRIKKIN COMMUNICATION SKILLS....!!!

Its not attitude, its the fact that i'm getting smart ass remarks, for making a simple question. Didn't expect my grammar and sentence structure to interfere with the answering of that question.

rosary9mm
12-12-08, 10:13 PM
Big Jim, he never got the answers he wanted, so he punked out. Typical.

Let him come back and try again. Then he can GO NAVY!!

I do have a question on this rank thingy. You sign someone up and get rank for it. OK, that I understand, but you never went in, so did they still get the uplift?

No he didn't because i was the only one he managed to get before shipping out. So he ended up going to Boot Camp as an E1 anyways..

Big Jim
12-12-08, 10:42 PM
[quote=Big Jim;422489]

Its not attitude, its the fact that i'm getting smart ass remarks, for making a simple question. Didn't expect my grammar and sentence structure to interfere with the answering of that question.

IF YOU THINK THESE ARE SMART ASS REMARKS...WAIT TIL YOU GET TO BOOTCAMP...OR NAVY RECRUIT TRAINING TO BE MORE EXACT....CAUSE YOU WOULDN'T LAST THE FIRST DAM DAY IN MY BELOVED CORPS....JUST GO NAVY...BE A BURDEN TO THEM...!!!

PaidinBlood
12-12-08, 10:46 PM
[quote=Big Jim;422489]

I wouldn't expect your illiterate a$s to get in the way of such a highly qualified individual such as yourself, either. You know where Pendleton is! You want to show off, come on up: we'll go check out the hills and dales after hours. :evilgrin:

Big Jim
12-12-08, 11:28 PM
These quotes are messed up aren't they...? Seems to me they're not quoting properly...but thats ok...I got the meaning....thank you Lcpl.

PaidinBlood
12-12-08, 11:32 PM
These quotes are messed up aren't they...? Seems to me they're not quoting properly...but thats ok...I got the meaning....thank you Lcpl.

Hadn't even noticed, but they sure were.