PDA

View Full Version : About face

Gunner614
12-09-08, 09:16 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I'm having a hard time mastering my about face. I know the diddys that go with it but i'm not sure with my foot placement. When i trace the C how far (inches) should my foot be behind my foot, or to the left of it. I wear a size 14 shoe if that helps in anyway. Thanks in advance.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

polizei
12-09-08, 09:46 PM
Practice makes perfect...keep trying you'll get it.

Maldonado 2060
12-09-08, 10:16 PM
Your supposed to trace the "C" half-foot(6 inches) behind you while placing your right foot slightly to the left of the left foot.You pivot on the heel of the left foot and the ball of your right. Now have at it.

Gunner614
12-09-08, 10:45 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Alright, thanks for the help guys.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

PaidinBlood
12-09-08, 10:50 PM
Suppose you could just try keepin' your knees together at first. Might work for ya, I don't know..

CplGiraffe
12-10-08, 07:22 AM
It took me a while to get this one down. I got confused because when you do a right face you pivot on left toe, right heel. But when you about face you turn to the right but pivot on left heel, right toe as someone already said.

JdnSmith
12-10-08, 06:10 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I'm having a hard time mastering my about face. I know the diddys that go with it but i'm not sure with my foot placement. When i trace the C how far (inches) should my foot be behind my foot, or to the left of it. I wear a size 14 shoe if that helps in anyway. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You will get a lot of practice in boot camp. I said "lock the knee, trace the C" about 600 times during first phase.

ecfree
12-10-08, 06:25 PM
It took me a while to get this one down. I got confused because when you do a right face you pivot on left toe, right heel. But when you about face you turn to the right but pivot on left heel, right toe as someone already said.

Poolees and recruits have the same problem.
They're thinking,DON'T THINK,just follow the instructions and practice.....:evilgrin:

BR34
12-10-08, 06:39 PM
Try doing it backwards. Kind of an unabout face. It's easier to understand it that way. Doing it backwards is a way to dissect it.

I had a bit of trouble with this at the Depot myself.

silverdollar
12-11-08, 09:55 AM
Just jump up in the air and turn around.:evilgrin: