PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Ticket

Fez
12-07-08, 05:48 PM
Hello, I got a traffic ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. Its not a big deal just a 25 dollar payable fine. Do i have to tell my recruiter about anything or what do I need to do? The ticket will be paid by tomorrow, and will not be a problem. Any help is aprecciated thanks.

Troy00690
12-07-08, 06:02 PM
Why hide it. I a ticket and an accident 3 weeks before I left. Second thing I did was call the recruiter. Paid the fines and went to boot camp.

Wyoming
12-07-08, 06:03 PM
You know, just for grins, I'd tell him.

Years ago, a buddy of mine got a ticket.

Back then, you could get them fixed. Still can in places today, but that is a different story.

Anyhoo, he thought the ticket was taken care of. Lo and behold, it wasn't.

Ruh Roh. It cost him a bunch and he damm near lost his car.

Look, **** happens, it could get lost, etc., etc., etc.

Were it me, I would let the recruiter know, give him a copy of the ticket and a copy of the paid reciept.

Just me, but I bet others have similar stories.

((NOW, don't tell anyone I helped with a dip stunt pulled by a dip poolee.))

davblay
12-07-08, 06:12 PM
When in DEP....tell the recruiter! Don't think you can hide anything. :marine:

Dave

Fender104
12-07-08, 07:11 PM
Yeah fez just tell the recruiter everything. If you don't it might cause problems later also some traffic offenses limit what job's you can get. I believe you cant get a top secret security clearance if you have any tickets what so ever.

Gunner 0313
12-07-08, 07:16 PM
:flag: I hate to sound like a lawyer because I detest the majority of them, but you're best off telling them about it (CYA). Another piece of advice, save all receipts for trash like this, so you have something concrete to reference in case some pogue says you didn't pay it.

Fez
12-07-08, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I mean so i should tell him even though It has been paid and wasnt a major deal. I have no reason to hide it, I just didnt know if their was a reason to tell.

Gunner 0313
12-07-08, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I mean so i should tell him even though It has been paid and wasnt a major deal. I have no reason to hide it, I just didnt know if their was a reason to tell.

:flag: You answered your own question brother. No reason to hide it.

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 07:38 PM
:flag: I hate to sound like a lawyer because I detest the majority of them, but you're best off telling them about it (CYA). Another piece of advice, save all receipts for trash like this, so you have something concrete to reference in case some pogue says you didn't pay it.

Just curious, what POGs would he be hiding from?:sick:

Hey Fez - you a 1/5 fan?

Accord
12-07-08, 07:47 PM
a $25 dollar ticket for not wearing your seatbelt?

damn dude, i don't know if you'll be able to get a waiver for a serious crime like that.

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 07:49 PM
hope your job doesn't need a clearance..

njlacrosse
12-07-08, 09:11 PM
I ship to PI next monday with DD(intel) in my contract. I got a careless driving ticket and failure to report an accident. With intel you need a clearance, and my recruiter said there would be no problems as long as I told MEPS.

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 09:13 PM
I ship to PI next monday with DD(intel) in my contract. I got a careless driving ticket and failure to report an accident. With intel you need a clearance, and my recruiter said there would be no problems as long as I told MEPS.

Simmer down, killer. :D Yeah I was just joking about the seatbelt ticket haunting his career forever. Good looking out, though. You were Johnny on the spot with that BS flag! This Bud's for you :beer:

ps-Good chance to brag about your contract, huh?

njlacrosse
12-07-08, 09:20 PM
No sir I didn't mean it like that. I was real worried for a while that it would effect me so I was trying to use this as a sounding board. I actually tried to get a infantry contract but I couldn't ship till march. I'm sorry if I came off like an a**.

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 09:24 PM
No sir I didn't mean it like that. I was real worried for a while that it would effect me so I was trying to use this as a sounding board. I actually tried to get a infantry contract but I couldn't ship till march. I'm sorry if I came off like an a**.

It's all good. Yeah those last minute tickets can be scary. I had one and my recruiter swore he would fix it. Yeah right. My mom had to fix it last minute before it went to a warrant while I was in 2nd phase.

njlacrosse
12-07-08, 09:26 PM
You're telling me sir, my recruiter swore he'd be coming to my court date, called me morning of wishing me luck and to call him after.

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 09:32 PM
Don't call me sir: I work for a living! :D No, I know that's what they teach you, but I for one would rather have someone respect me than call me by a title. Either Chris, PIB, or dude are acceptable. You ready for the "Island"?

njlacrosse
12-07-08, 09:37 PM
haha alright thanks chris. yeah im getting ready, ive been real excited all along but now im starting to get a lil nervous now that its so close.

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 09:40 PM
Yeah it'll suck but you'll be back soon enough. No worries

Gunner 0313
12-07-08, 09:43 PM
Just curious, what POGs would he be hiding from?:sick:

Hey Fez - you a 1/5 fan?

:flag: Where did you get the hiding from ?

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 09:48 PM

I'll highlight it again. Maybe I've been sniffing too much glue, but I didn't get what you were getting at. :sick:

Gunner 0313
12-07-08, 09:52 PM
I'll highlight it again. Maybe I've been sniffing too much glue, but I didn't get what you were getting at. :sick:

:flag: Pogue, as in office type, paper jockey, desk jockey..............

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 09:56 PM
Personnel Other than Grunt. I know what it means, I was trying to figure out what POG would have to be convinced. I guess you mean MEPS or something? Either way you're right. Receipts are a good idea.

Gunner 0313
12-07-08, 10:00 PM
Personnel Other than Grunt. I know what it means, I was trying to figure out what POG would have to be convinced. I guess you mean MEPS or something? Either way you're right. Receipts are a good idea.

:flag: As my wife would say, "Ay Dios, da me fuerza".

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 10:06 PM
Whatever you say, amigo. Watch out before you make me homesick. :cry:

As my old "friends" would say, أنا غبي حمار كبير :sick:

Gunner 0313
12-07-08, 10:24 PM
As my old "friends" would say, أنا غبي حمار كبير :sick:[/quote]

:flag: I'll just assume that it's derogatory.

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 10:26 PM
says I'm a big stupid donkey. and yeah I meant me.

Gunner 0313
12-07-08, 10:31 PM
says I'm a big stupid donkey. and yeah I meant me.

:flag: Not at all brother. YOU DA MAN !!! You're the one currently serving, so my cover comes off to you. Seriously.

S/F

PaidinBlood
12-07-08, 10:38 PM
back at you. I need some sleep so you guys have fun. i guess I'll give "FEZ" his thread back.

Fez
12-09-08, 01:31 PM
I told my recruiter about it. All he asked is if I had it taken care of and I said yes. He said then you have nothing to worry about all he had to make sure of was that I had it taken care of. Is he telling me right thats all that needs to be done?