PDA

View Full Version : leaving for boot

Cement03
06-05-03, 10:54 PM
hey all i havent posted very mcuh since i became a member on this site but i guess it is time i did. my ship out date was supposed to be nov3rd but i told my recruiter that i wanted to leave as early as possilbe. well i got a call today and he told me that i was shipping out on the 23rd of june! that is a big difference now i am scrambling to get ready to go and saying all of my goodbyes and all of that good stuff. the moral of the story is if you tell them ASAP it will happen so be prepared to go. dont be a pesimist(i think thats how you spell that) be rady for anything and somethimes wishes do come true so be careful what you wish for.:D. all that i can say to the FNG's is to be prepared for anything because this is the Marine Corps and they move fast when you are not ready for it, also keep in contact with your recruiter because he will be one of the best sources of info that you will have untill you are through boot.
Good Luck yall.

Simon

Cement03
06-05-03, 10:55 PM
and read the damn threads in the Pool-ee and Mentor forums they are a great help. i cannot stress this enough.

wrbones
06-05-03, 11:13 PM
Just about time to welcome you to the Wonderful World of Hurry Up and Wait! LMAO. Well done, kiddo.

Make sure ya give us a heads up just before ya take off, and then drop back by 12 weeks later and let us know what it was all about!

I wanta be one of the first to call you, "Marine."

03Infantry
06-05-03, 11:27 PM
You and I will only be ten days apart. Good luck dude.

Cement03
06-05-03, 11:28 PM
thanks bones you have been a great help to me throughout this last while and you will be the first person i talk to when i get back.( well almost the first, i got a sweet little momma here that is dying to see a real Marine).
thanks again
Simon

Cement03
06-05-03, 11:43 PM
thanks 03 it should be a blast hope to see you when its over.
Simon

wrbones
06-05-03, 11:43 PM
You ****ing listened Cement03. Wish I had more time to work with ya.

You can ferget about that little Momma fer awhile. Better have fun while ya can in the meantime! ;)

Bones

top1371
06-05-03, 11:54 PM
Just so you dont get any surprises.....

Are you still getting the same program (MOS)? I know that if you move your ship date to earlier or later than the origianl date, you can lose your program (if you had one) and you signed papers at MEPS stating so... in the fine print that you didnt read before signing :)

Good luck!

03Infantry
06-06-03, 12:22 AM
Oh when I get back (if I have what it takes) Wrbones is the first person I talk to.

wrbones
06-06-03, 12:26 AM
Bull****. You''ll be looking fer some ***** and a brew. Ya ain't ****tin' me.

03Infantry
06-06-03, 12:27 AM
Yeah good point. Eventually I will talk to you Sgt. Bones. You taught me a bunch.

wrbones
06-06-03, 12:37 AM
Ya wanta do some exra PT, make sure y'all tell yer D.I.'s where ya learned it! LOL.

If yer gonna listen, any decent NCO would teach ya everything he knows.

There's been times in our history, when the **** hit the fan, that PFC's and L/Cpl's were all that was left to lead anything anywhere. They got the job done. Because an NCO taught them everything he knew, and they listened. That's one of the things that makes the Marine Corps what it is.

Art Petersn
06-06-03, 05:28 AM
Good Luck O31Infantry

make sure you report in as a marine.

03Infantry
06-06-03, 08:58 AM
Yes Sir.

JChristin
06-06-03, 01:32 PM
Ya 03,

You better report in and tell us all about your time at MCRD. I know your Dad and Granddad will be beaming with pride from the top of their heads to the tips of their toes.

You've got what it takes, just take boot one moment at a time, one experience at a time. Your time there will pass really fast. At the time - it may seem like forever, but trust me on this one - it will pass really fast.

Now that the Rose Festival Parade and Events are underway in and the Navy Ships have arrived in downtown Portland, may I suggest a walk through the Fun Center and downtown. You will see a few Marines walking about. And what you will see is yourself in a very few short months, wearing the uniform of the few and the proud. That uniform is waiting for you to wear proudly. You will...

semper fi,
jchristin

JChristin
06-06-03, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 03Infantry
Yes Sir.

Least I forget 03,

The BIG 10 DAY COUNTDOWN STARTS

NOW!

semper fi,
jchristin

TBarrett
06-06-03, 05:14 PM
You just got your first lesson in what you will see over and over again in your carrer in the Marine Corps. They will move quickly when something you request is something they need, but will drag their feet when it is something not important to them. Now when you get to boot camp you will learn another lesson. It is called "hurry up and wait" Here is some info that is useful when you get to boot camp..... No matter how hard it seems, no matter how bad you hurt, no matter how bad you want to kill your drill instructors and your recruiter remember this.... It is only a 13 week game. Play the game for 13 weeks and you are in. It is a game to test your mental and physical toughness. When you feel like quitting or like you can't make it, reach back in your mind and think about something fun you did and laugh to yourself. It is tough, but you can make it.

Good Luck,
T. Barrett
G Co, Plt 2091 San Diego 1985

03Infantry
06-06-03, 07:28 PM
I will be working the rose festival on Saturday 11am-4pm with my recruiters and two other guys I go to bootcamp with. Come visit everyone.

03Infantry
06-06-03, 08:59 PM
Thank you all for your suppport

mpj_3050
06-11-03, 10:54 PM
Hey Cement, seems your shipping the same day as me. Going to PI or San Diego? If your going to Parris Island might see you there.

Cement03
06-13-03, 10:50 PM
nope sorry bro im headed to sunny san diego. oh well good luck