PDA

View Full Version : A Thank you from a brother

davblay
12-06-08, 07:32 AM
Now that I feel a little better, I wanted to thank all my friends, both Marine, and poolee, for all the kindness shown during my recent illness and hospital stay. It means a lot to know that people that I have never met thought enough of me to attempt to and make contact concerning my sickness.

As most of you know, I spent several years in the Army and my wife just couldn't understand how so many Marines would take the time to think of me and send out prayers. I Told her that is the Corps! If one of us is sick or injured we all rally to their side for support, and you guys never let me down!

To bring you up to date, I suffered a Severe Kidney infection, another from somewhere else, plus E-Coli. 5 days in ICU living on IVs and antibiotics and such brought me back, so far. I will be taking strong antibiotics, by IV for the next ten days, then three more strong ones by mouth for 6 months and then we hope it heals and cures up.

I don't care to tell you, during my stay in ICU I felt like my time had come to serve with Chesty a time or two! Thank God he'll have to wait a while longer.

The Flowers, cards and letters meant so much to me, I will treasure them all forever, well as long as I have anyway. There is nothing more precious than Family and friends during time like this, and you all have my heart felt appreciation.

Again, Thank you from my Family to all of you,

Semper Fi,

Dave

PS: I posted this in poolee hall so all can read it, thanks.

sparkie
12-06-08, 07:38 AM
Dave,,,, No joke,,,,, It's great to have you back, and have your back. Now, go sniff the Christmas tree.

Marine84
12-06-08, 07:45 AM
We're glad to have you back Dave. Stay strong man!

BigGunz90
12-06-08, 07:48 AM
Dave, I'm so glad to hear from you. You were in my prayers and will continue to be.

jrhd97
12-06-08, 08:57 AM
It's good to see you up Dave.

ecfree
12-06-08, 09:07 AM
HEY DAVE,GLAD YOU'RE BACK BUDDY,BUCKLE UP...:thumbup:

duarte
12-06-08, 09:58 AM
We are glad you are back Cpl.!

Wyoming
12-06-08, 11:49 AM
*******, don't you have better things to do than worry us?

Welcome HOME, Brother!!

degenerate138
12-06-08, 12:56 PM
Glad to see you back Cpl. Hope you are feeling better.

mgkusmc
12-06-08, 01:02 PM
Bout time you made formation on here, welcome back.

quillhill
12-06-08, 01:21 PM
I am quite relieved to see you back in the fight, Dave. Need any help catching up on moto letters?

JJA1990
12-06-08, 02:11 PM
Glad to see you back, your an inspiration. Keep fightin.

temarti
12-06-08, 02:27 PM
Glad your back and fighting to get better

yellowwing
12-06-08, 02:31 PM
As most of you know, I spent several years in the Army and my wife just couldn't understand how so many Marines would take the time to think of me and send out prayers. I Told her that is the Corps! If one of us is sick or injured we all rally to their side for support, and you guys never let me down!
Damn right Bro!

Zulu 36
12-06-08, 02:58 PM
Welcome back! Get better quick.

Twitchell
12-06-08, 04:04 PM
Oorah Corporal I'm glad your back. :)

Phantom Blooper
12-06-08, 04:50 PM
Welcome back Dave....get strong enough so that you can again pizz up that rope! Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall:evilgrin:

DGardner
12-06-08, 04:55 PM
Dave, you had me worried for a while there. I'm happy to see you're out of the hospital and back at home.

dizark
12-06-08, 05:18 PM
Cpl Dave Blaylock,

Us poolees may not know you, except through this website, however being that you are such a giving man, and all you do for us to keep us motivated, how could we let you sit in the hospital without hearing from us? You treat us like your own and even though we are not Marines yet, we will support you like our brother as well.

Thank you for all you do and you get better. Rest, rest, and rest until you're back to your normal health if not better. We will always be there for you through thick and thin, Cpl.

As Derek said, you really did give me a scare as well. You take care, and I still look forward to your moto letters while I'm at bootcamp come January, so long as you're feeling up to it. God Bless.

davblay
12-06-08, 07:58 PM
I want to thank all that have posted. It means a lot to me to see friends speak out. I praise the Lord for people like you guys everyday.

Semper Fi,

Dave

Isrowei
12-06-08, 08:06 PM
Good to see you back Dave. We missed you.

bgsuwoody
12-07-08, 06:48 AM
I told you Dave its gonna take more than that to get you off this green earth. We were praying for you over here in Afghanistan, glad to hear everything is all right...its almost time for some prayers for myself and my boys and I'm sure you'll be there for us too.

Rains
12-08-08, 04:49 PM
Welcome Back Cpl! Glad to see your getting better!

davblay
12-16-08, 05:57 AM
I told you Dave its gonna take more than that to get you off this green earth. We were praying for you over here in Afghanistan, glad to hear everything is all right...its almost time for some prayers for myself and my boys and I'm sure you'll be there for us too.

It is for this very reason that I am close to Mike, here he is in HARMS WAY and he takes time to remember me in prayer! God Bless you Mike, may God guide you and your men to complete your mission over there!

Semper Fi and God Bless you all that are serving,

Dave