PDA

View Full Version : The Deal

futuremarine
06-05-03, 11:33 AM
Alright I got the ball rolling for enlisting or at least I think. I am still a little confused about a few things. So I came on here to ask y'all. Anyways, my recruiter took the pre-screen and all that, but due to some medical illnesses when I was a baby he had to request my medical records.
Now in him requesting my medical records what does that mean? Cause he told me he would call me back to set up the ASVAB and a trips to MEP's. But I also heard that he is going to send my stuff over to MEP's to see whether I am qualified or not.
I am way confused about what is going to happen. Can someone please help me out?

futuremarine
06-05-03, 11:42 AM
My recruiter said that he was gonna call me back because, he has to submit my records along with my pre-screen before anything could be dertermined

firstsgtmike
06-05-03, 11:57 AM
I think there is something missing here.

1. "Normal" childhood illnesses are NOT a disqualifying factor.

2. Blatant disqualifying medical factors are well known to a Recruiter, and he would not have to send them off to MEPS for a decision.

3. Other potentially disqualifying medical factors would require your presence at MEPS for a current physical and evaluation.

4. IF the Recruiter felt a medical waiver would be required, he would need to submit your ASVAB scores and current physical results.

5. Knowing nothing more than what you expressed in your post, since the date of receipt of your medical records is unknown, your Recruiter cannot schedule an appointment for you. Sounds like when he receives your records, he will call you and schedule an appointment for MEPS.

RELAX, take a deep breath, and then start reading the posts in the Poolee Forums, work on your physical fitness and start learning your General Orders.

Patrick8605
06-05-03, 01:19 PM
Listen to what firstsgtmike is sayin. Relax.
If you look through these forums you'll learn about almost everything you'll need to know to be on your way to becoming a Marine. So, go out, start running and doin PT. The more work you do know the better you'll do at Boot.

futuremarine
06-06-03, 06:25 PM
Alright thanks you guys, i'll do that. I appreciate the help!

TBarrett
06-06-03, 08:14 PM
Relax.....Keep up with your phsical fitness and do as the others have told you here in the site. Study your general orders and stay focused on becoming a Marine.