PDA

View Full Version : Security Forces

mike881134
12-01-08, 01:36 PM
Im leaving for basic in January and have not picked an MOS. I was thinking Security forces but I would like to know alittle about it first. Can anyone tell me about what types of training I will have and whats the job description exactly. Please give details to help me make my choice. Thanks. I would also like to know about RECON. Im pretty excited to join so I appreciate the help!!

spotts
12-01-08, 01:41 PM
Search the site. There are tons of threads on these topics.

Wyoming
12-01-08, 05:17 PM
You are leaving for basic in January. Basic??? (http://www.goarmy.com/)

Wanna go RECON. Cool. (http://www.goarmy.com/)

mike881134
12-01-08, 10:20 PM
Yea im leaving for basic January 26th.

Haffner
12-01-08, 10:29 PM
THERE'S ABSOLUTELY ****ING NOTHING BASIC ABOUT BEING A MARINE. RECRUITS GO TO BOOTCAMP. RECRUITS GO TO RECRUIT TRAINING.

Basic is a term that will never, in any way shape or form, describe any part of a Marine. Go haze yourself.

Wyoming
12-02-08, 07:46 AM
Yea im leaving for basic January 26th.

Dip, go back to my post and click on it.

Marine84
12-02-08, 08:03 AM
(Heavy sigh) Great, another Grunt.

Are none of you kids going to the Wing side of the house?

Pete0331
12-02-08, 08:13 AM
I almost have an aneurism every time I read these Poolee questions.
Every other day its the same question.

Security Forces is not that cool.
Getting into Recon is harder then you think.

No, I don't care to choose your MOS.
If I did all you poolees would be in Exchange services just for spite.

Wyoming
12-02-08, 08:22 AM
I almost have an aneurism every time I read these Poolee questions.
Every other day its the same question.

Security Forces is not that cool.
Getting into Recon is harder then you think.

No, I don't care to choose your MOS.
If I did all you poolees would be in Exchange services just for spite.

I don't normally, but this one had me ROTFLMFAO.

Enigmatic
12-02-08, 09:43 AM
Like Pete0331 said, Security Forces Marines are not super-grunts or anything. I think too many poolees think Security Forces and FAST are like on the same level as MARSOC. They're not. They're grunts with a billet MOS of 8152. They do some pretty cool training, but your chances of deploying to a combat zone with SF is slim. And at the end of the day, isn't that what all grunts want to do?

If you want to go Recon, go the normal Infantry route and after a while if you still want to try out then go for it. There's a Marine on here who's a contract 0321 and he said most of the other contract 0321's wish they had just gone the normal 03 route. It is not easy. It's not supposed to be.

And there is NO such thing as basic training in the Marine Corps. Nothing. Even beyond boot camp. In Oki our deck NCO once gave us a 2 hour PME on how to properly buff a deck....in the other branches they have civilians do that for them.....you want basic, go join another branch.

Pete0331
12-02-08, 10:33 AM
Like Pete0331 said, Security Forces Marines are not super-grunts or anything. I think too many poolees think Security Forces and FAST are like on the same level as MARSOC. They're not. They're grunts with a billet MOS of 8152. They do some pretty cool training, but your chances of deploying to a combat zone with SF is slim. And at the end of the day, isn't that what all grunts want to do?

But Enigmatic they have a cool acronym for a name and are called Security Forces kinda like Force Recon. It has to be cool!:)

Standing post.... it does a body good.

spotts
12-02-08, 10:37 AM
Actually is you got to a good Security Forces Company you did more then just stand post. Glorified security officers is a misconception when it comes to Security Forces.

UsmcMotorT
12-02-08, 01:39 PM
Ask your recruiter about a Field Day MOS.

Enigmatic
12-02-08, 02:33 PM
But Enigmatic they have a cool acronym for a name and are called Security Forces kinda like Force Recon. It has to be cool!:)

Standing post.... it does a body good.

And hey....you forgot to mention that Security Forces can be abbreviated to SF. Just like Special Forces! Coincidence???? I think not! LMAO...