PDA

View Full Version : Any Insight

tanner123
11-30-08, 09:20 PM
Hey everyone i have been researching what i need to do right, and have been looking at marine corps academy's. but couldn't find many colleges in the mid west that have good programs for a military background. idk maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but does anyone have any good ideas about colleges in the mid west, that would provide me with good programs for a military career?

ecfree
11-30-08, 09:40 PM
A negitive on your question.
I must tell you this....USE CAPS PROPERLY...
WE CAP THE WORD Marine ALWAYS,UNDERSTAND LAD...:evilgrin:

sparkie
11-30-08, 09:43 PM
Why didn't you post back on your last wannabe thread?

Books
11-30-08, 10:22 PM
I don't really understand your question.

Most colleges in the USA have ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps) programs that will provide you with a commission when you graduate; doing OCS during your Junior/Senior year summer. You could also not do ROTC but then apply for OCS once you graduate college with at least a bachelor's degree. I think that's what you're after. (Marines is NROTC as a department of the Navy)

If you mean a military college with a cadet corps, then there isn't really a four-year option specifically for Marines. You have the federal military academies (West Point, Annapolis, Col. Springs, etc) for the respective branches, and then you have state and private military academies (VMI, the Citadel, etc). There are some colleges like Texas A&M that have regular liberal-arts type student bodies in addition to having a cadet corps.

As a senior in high school, I've applied to the Citadel. If I get in, I'm going, if not, I'm enlisting. The way I see it, I'm heading to SC one way or another... lol. I do not really want to spend four years in a non-military-oriented environment.

kbg1010
12-01-08, 06:19 PM
You should keep your grades up and apply to the Naval Academy. It is really difficult to get accepted and even more difficult once you are there, but it is worth it. Afterwards you can become an officer in the Marines if you choose.

Rowe907
12-02-08, 02:15 AM
Check it out bud. Virgina Military Institute. The only thing that kept me from going there was not taking 2 years of a foreign language. Take SPANISH if you have to. Colonel Puller went to VMI for a little bit. So did many other outstanding citizens. Apply there and dont let me down...:marine:

tanner123
12-05-08, 07:36 PM
Yeah i already have taken to years of Spanish in high school, so that's not an issue, as for VMI it looks like a good option i will definably look into it.
But in order to go into OCS, is PLC a good option to prepare for it?
and if so how would one go about doing it if they are in college and taking OCS in between the school semesters and TBS after school. Would you enter PLC before you enter college?