PDA

View Full Version : Needs some help...

tanner123
11-28-08, 10:57 PM
Hey everyone
I am looking for some help about my future plans. I am 16 years old and have been researching the Marines for a long time, I have always wanted to join the military and have already decided fully that the Marines is the path I want to go. But with researching what I want to do for the USMC, I have run into a little road block.
I wanted to be an infantry officer for the marines, but didn't want to end it there, I want to be the best of the best. So I was planning on also being a Force Recon Scout Sniper, and I have done plenty of research on both subjects and feel great about them. I am very dedicated to my decision sticking to a strict workout plan, and doing ever bit of research I can to prepare myself.
But I was told that I would not be allowed to be an Infantry Officer and then become designated as a Scout Sniper. Is there any way that I could go through with both of my goals???
Any help or Information would be greatly appreciated.
thanks for everything [=

jfweeden
11-28-08, 11:03 PM
Oh god kid. listen. Read the sticky's about scoutsniper/force recon/ricky rambo/badass. I'm gonna give it to you nicely, worry about bootcamp first. Then SOI, then try out for RIP if you still want to. You have alot of decisions ahead of you. My advice, take the beatings these Marines are sure to give you for this post, move on, learn from it, never ask it again, fill your head with knowledge, enlist and ship to boot.

Will us poolees ever learn?-

-Jake

Marine84
11-28-08, 11:06 PM
And you're posting in the Drifters Place instead of the Ask A Marine forum because........................................... ...?

Wyoming
11-28-08, 11:13 PM
Oh my ****ing gawd, another one.

Like, umm, ricky, er, so, you see, like recon, eh, scuba, er, squirrel.

1st, you get a broomstick .....

echo3oscar1833
11-29-08, 12:24 AM
Moderator need front and center :marine:

Oh I was attached to 2nd Recon for a while, as a Traker does that count hehehehehe ;)

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-29-08, 01:23 AM
Can you do it? I doubt it- why would the Marine Corps want someone to be a scout sniper or an officer of Marines when they cannot follow simple rules on a website?

Simple answer, enlist and become a sniper- then apply for OCS after you get a degree.

sparkie
11-29-08, 05:49 AM
Good luck, kid. I'm still waiting for an opening in the Fantastic Four. Until then, I'm stuck with the Justice League of America.

Ellie,,,,, It's your 'Hood,,,,, get em,,,,,,,,

thedrifter
11-29-08, 06:33 AM
Good thing I was in a good mood or I would have deleted the thread...

Now Read the Rules in the Poolee Hall ....They are the Stickys;)

Ellie

Marine84
11-29-08, 08:17 AM
In order to be Recon, you must stand at attention (with broomstick in hand), click your heels 3 times while saying "I wanna be Recon, I wanna be Recon, I wanna be Recon"

yellowwing
11-29-08, 09:22 AM
Tanner, First off you got to finish school with high marks. Get into sports and extra curricular that will put you into Leadership positions.

Be sure to learn how to swim. Make pushing yourself harder in everything a way of life for you. So at 16 you will have 6 years of personal training. Then you MAY be ready for Marine OCS Training.

Wyoming
11-29-08, 09:34 AM
Good thing I was in a good mood or I would have deleted the thread...

Now Read the Rules in the Poolee Hall ....They are the Stickys;)

Ellie

Ms Ellie, you are so kind, this being a Saturday morning. You musta got lucky last night!!:angel:

sparkie
11-29-08, 10:00 AM
Ms Ellie, you are so kind, this being a Saturday morning. You musta got lucky last night!!:angel:
Hush up.

Achped
11-29-08, 10:45 PM
I hope so, somebody better be getting some because this **** is starting to get ridiculous!!!

2 months and 19 days now! WTF, OVER!

Marine84
11-30-08, 08:02 AM
Lol!

Bonzack
11-30-08, 08:22 AM
I hope so, somebody better be getting some because this **** is starting to get ridiculous!!!

2 months and 19 days now! WTF, OVER!

That is so incredibly hilarious that you count. Yet it's also sad. I feel for you.

FromMD
11-30-08, 08:37 AM
Officer's don't contract with their MOS. They contract as ground, air and law. (Though, I think as a reservist you can choose.) You would go ground, finish OCS, head to TBS and select your top choices for MOS. Based on your overall standing in your TBS class you will be placed in what ever MOS the Corps needs you in while keeping your selectionS in mind, if it is (and it usually is) compatible to the needs to the Marine Corps. Most people get one of their top 3 selections.

For now, stay out of trouble, stay in school, get in shape and do good things.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-30-08, 03:05 PM
I love these.

Congratulations, you win the Squirrel award for the day:

http://www.treehugger.com/army_squirrel.jpg

Oh, the humanity.

sparkie
11-30-08, 08:22 PM
http://www.free-jokes-online.com/thumb/funny-animals-squirrel-nutt.jpg

cuzzo333
11-30-08, 09:07 PM
Like the Marines here have said, worry about boot camp first. I have my MOS set as recon under my reserve contract but as boot camp has drawn closer I have realized its about earning the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and the title of Marine first, then getting yourself through SOI and finally the chance to try out for recon.

I was psyched out at first when I was told I could put recon as my MOS, getting all Jason Bourne and Rambo'd up, but that has faded after I realized boot camp is enough to have on ones mind until they make it through.

Scottie0417
12-03-08, 08:21 AM
If the Marine Corps worked the way that poolees think it does then we'd have to make a 5th MarDiv-Scout Sniper Division. It's fine and dandy to have a dream to be a Scout Sniper but let's be realistic here poolees...I hope none of you wonder why Marines on here make fun of poolees that are "going recon." If I had a nickle for every post I've seen from a poolee guaranteeing that they're gonna be a Scout Sniper even though they haven't even gone to boot yet then, well...I'd have a sh!t load of nickles.

Marine1955
12-13-08, 09:25 PM
stay in school and get sum collage at least four years then enlist into ocs at quantico va. and you never know, when someone first salutes you as a butter bar,you may have to give them a silver dollar. i know i made my share of dollars on graduation of officers by saluting them right after graduation. good luck kid

Spears
12-13-08, 09:56 PM
i didnt get a Combat MOS, at all. BY, something to do with computers or something. im a nerd. my friend contracted recon. he always gives me crap. (this is funny, because im in better shape than him) anyways. all im saying is that i dont think a lot of people think about what they are doing when they select an MOS, living in the here and now, and not thinking about their futures. while i understand that these jobs are needed. and i applaud the people that do/are going to do them. im also just fine with my support MOS. feel free to commence my hazing. (as if you needed my permission anyways)

Marine1955
12-13-08, 10:03 PM
hey poolee spears,,,,,, they will tell you where you will go, by the test you took and the ones you will take . once in boot camp at least they did that on me. chill and relax. it's a long time untill you graduate... PS good luck

oifvet23
12-13-08, 10:45 PM
Hey i got my "shot laser beams from my A**" MCI in the mail today.. there is hope kid

Achped
12-13-08, 11:39 PM
That is so incredibly hilarious that you count. Yet it's also sad. I feel for you.

3 months and 3 days. It is officially my longest dry spell since recruit training.