PDA

View Full Version : Buying Uniforms

echo3oscar1833
11-28-08, 09:37 PM
Well here is my dilemma, back in 2002-2003 when I was still in those of us that were issued the old style cammies, were required to buy one pair of the new digitals. It could be either desert or woodland. At that time those of us in the fleet that had to buy the digitals could wear the old style black jungle boots, or we could buy the new brown boots to wear with the digitals. Well when I bought mine i ended up buying a set of desert digital cammies and opted to wear the black boots with them as I was a Lance Corporal and want to spend my $$ on other stuff. Well now that I am out I want to complete my set of uniforms buy buying a set of woodland digitals, and a pair of the new style boots. The thing is I went to the MCCS Uniform Store online. but soon realized that I have to be active duty, or retired to shop there. Plus I don't want to buy a set of the knock offs. I want the ones with the USMC EGA printed on them, and the embroddered EGA on the Pocket. Plus I want a official pair of boots, not some knock offs. Plus I want them brand new. I know this is kinda of a high expectation on my part. But I want to get some ideas before I turn around and just go and buy a used pair from a military surplus store. Semper Fi fellow Marines
:marine:

Maldonado 2060
11-29-08, 09:10 AM
I'm in the same situation. Im gonna re-enlist in a couple of months and I've gotten almost all the uniforms just need those boots.I dont mean to hi-jack your thread Lcpl. but I wanted to know If the old clothing and duffelbag patterns are phased out aswell

MUSTANG0369
11-29-08, 11:49 AM
Echo and Maldanado try this link....hope that it helps....kinda like an ebay for uniforms....

http://www.militaryuniformexchange.com/exchange/viewad.asp?id=50056680853100452

Havent been there in a while but they have items on them every once in a while.

Maldonado 2060
11-29-08, 12:12 PM
OORAH! sir just found boots for $65. Semper Fi!

echo3oscar1833
11-29-08, 12:14 PM
Thanks Lt. exactly what I was looking for plus a few other things:D Appreciate it alot, Semper Fi!! :marine::usmc:

mgkusmc
11-30-08, 01:34 PM
also there is www.usmcblues.com has new and used digitals and about every thing else and then for boots go to www.quanticoboots.com

echo3oscar1833
11-30-08, 02:05 PM
also there is www.usmcblues.com (http://www.usmcblues.com) has new and used digitals and about every thing else and then for boots go to www.quanticoboots.com (http://www.quanticoboots.com)

Seriously Cpl these are really to great sites out freaking standing. Thanks a bunch and Semper Fi

MLMonk
11-30-08, 04:14 PM
If you need any knowledge on how many you buy, the current issue is 3 Woodlands and 2 Desert, 1 pair of Jungle Boots and 1 pair of ICB's, and 1 of each cover.

echo3oscar1833
11-30-08, 04:19 PM
If you need any knowledge on how many you buy, the current issue is 3 Woodlands and 2 Desert, 1 pair of Jungle Boots and 1 pair of ICB's, and 1 of each cover.

Ya im not in anymore im just looking to get one pair of woodland, and a pair of boots, thanks though. I might just go ahead and get the standard issue amount. To complete the collection.:marine: