PDA

View Full Version : MOTO, from a funny source

Do-Or-Die
11-25-08, 03:35 PM
So I was in the forum last night, and some guy is in there with a real messed up profile. After a while, some of the people in the forum got suspicious as to why he titled himself a Marine when he didn't finish bootcamp. Soon enough, we found he was full of it, a 100 percent poser.

Even after being cited on multiple mistakes the man kept on posing as one of the nation's Finest. At first I was angry that this guy was seriously trying to pull this, but after thinking about it, it motivated me more than ever that someone would go so far to pretend that they were a Marine, I'm just proud to have a chance to earn the title for myself.

Just a little moto story

SJPB
11-25-08, 04:46 PM
That is funny. My recruiters told me a story of a 28 year old guy who couldn't pass the ASVAB..he scored under 10 points I believe even though he tried 3 times, but the guy went down to the surplus store anyways and somehow bought Marine dress blues. They caught the guy at the mall walking around posing as a Marine and he looked ridiculous..he wasn't wearing anything right and when they confronted him the guy started running like a gazelle to get away.

Later THAT WEEK my recruiter was driving and saw this car that was just COVERED in Marine Corps stickers and even a Marine Corps license plate so he pulled up next to the car and guess what...SAME GUY! The guy couldn't run unless he wanted to go through a red light and risk death along the way so he sat there with my recruiter giving him a mouthful about NEVER EVER to impersonate a Marine and let him hear some other obscenities you all probably would say as well.

Not trying to jack the thread, but just sharing a similar story.

Do-Or-Die
11-25-08, 05:56 PM
Haha, got to love it.

SGT7477
11-25-08, 06:07 PM
Isn't it funny everybody wants to be like us but they can't?

LcplRendon84
11-25-08, 06:12 PM
I love it when you try to ask one of em if they would like to join etc and then they give you that bs reason or reasons "oh no thats not my thing" or "i dont wanna fight another mans war" or my favorite " i dont think i can do it". well ****er im sure everyone thought they wouldnt be able to handle some of the **** but we tried it and now look at us looking at you wondering why this ass is giving excuses..lol

LandsNGrooves
11-26-08, 12:39 AM
I had a guy tell me he was "in the Marines but then at MEPS they found I had a heart problem and couldnt go", but he thought he was still a Marine. Kinda added up tho, cause he was an Airsoft dealer. Serious Arisoft guys are always kooks. They spend like 600 on a Airsoft M4. gosh.

Enigmatic
11-26-08, 10:19 AM
Not to toot my own horn but I caught a poser on here yesterday :marine:

"DD88". He posted on here a few times but his profile looked fishy to me so I let super-moderator Yellowwing know what's up.....he did his thing, and it turns out our little buddy NicholasItaly created another profile only somehow now he was a Corporal....an eight year Corporal at that (said he had been in from 1990 to 1998, what a dumba**). He is now banned from the site.

A word to the wise poolees and wannabes, ain't nothing wrong with saying you want to be a Marine but don't EVER cross that line and impersonate one. Those of us who paid our dues don't take too kindly to that.

Parsons95
11-26-08, 12:05 PM
Not to toot my own horn but I caught a poser on here yesterday :marine:

"DD88". He posted on here a few times but his profile looked fishy to me so I let super-moderator Yellowwing know what's up.....he did his thing, and it turns out our little buddy NicholasItaly created another profile only somehow now he was a Corporal....an eight year Corporal at that (said he had been in from 1990 to 1998, what a dumba**). He is now banned from the site.

A word to the wise poolees and wannabes, ain't nothing wrong with saying you want to be a Marine but don't EVER cross that line and impersonate one. Those of us who paid our dues don't take too kindly to that.

I havent had an account on here for long, but he didnt seem like the kind of person that would do somthing like that. I guess that just shows how much some people want the title...

Drill for life
11-26-08, 12:12 PM
It's funny how everbody wants to be a Marine and a NAvy Seal not anything in the Army. Hahaha Gotta love that story!!!!:)