PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp : How much of it is running?

Aries41886
11-25-08, 12:42 PM
Physically, on my IST, I made 15 Pull-ups first try, and am upto being able to do 22 pull ups with no problem.

Crunches, I can do 100.

I am only 136 lbs , 5'7" so upper body is no problem, and in bootcamp i wonder how much upper body we will actually do versus running?
I can run 1.5 miles. Though, I admit, it gives me alot of trouble.
i made 1.5 miles in 12:48.

With these stats, if i were to ship out tommorrow, how many of you think i would make it? After my 1.5 mile run, i had NOTHING left in me, literally, my knees were buckling against my will.
So with this in mind, How much improvement do i need to make?

I have 1 month left before i ship out in January.

If we only run 1.5 miles a day in Bootcamp, I think i can do it.
But if its repeatedly, 1.5 miles, or 3.0 miles first day right off the bat, I will say that I would fall out.

sim37
11-25-08, 12:44 PM
Keep running up until about three days from your ship date, give yourself a rest. If you can pass the IST you will be ok, they will work you until you can run three miles a day. I wouldn't worry about falling out, they won't let you and they'll get you in plenty good shape if you do.

Pete0331
11-25-08, 01:36 PM
If we only run 1.5 miles a day in Bootcamp, I think i can do it.
But if its repeatedly, 1.5 miles, or 3.0 miles first day right off the bat, I will say that I would fall out.

Start running more now.

Be careful since you only have about a month before you leave but don't slack off either.

Banshee
11-25-08, 02:12 PM
keep running, you will get results. Boot camp is mostly upper body, barely any running (as in "not an every day" thing), but when you do run, you run. a lot. and fast.

I was maxing out on the crunches and hang and had an 11 min 1.5 before boot. For the initial IST at boot I only did 35 sec hang, 65 crunches, and a 14 min run--even though you have only been in boot a couple times, dehydration and fatigue play a big role in your performance. I am back up to maxing out on the hang and I can do 135 crunches in 2 min, but my run time is still slacking--you just don't have a chance to really work on running during boot.

good luck, keep running, and drink water.

SGT7477
11-25-08, 02:21 PM
Run Forrest Run.