PDA

View Full Version : My Friend's wedding

LStorey
11-24-08, 03:15 PM
So I am a Poolee and my ship date is March 2, 2009.. which means I should be graduating boot camp on May 29.. after that I know I get 10 days leave, which means I would report back to Pendleton on June 8 for MCT.. However, 2 of my best friends from college are getting married in the middle of June and July.. at which time I will be in MCT and/or my MOS school for 0200 which is in Quantico, VA.. both of my friends want me to be in their wedding.. and I would love to be there, so I guess I was simply curious if there was any possible way that I could make it to either one of their weddings.. I know I can get RA duty, which can be up to 30 more days.. and I also heard something about block leave that I could possibly get, since I will not have earned any yet.. I would only need 2 days leave each to make it to their weddings.. Is there any possible way I will be able to make it.. or should I just tell them to count me out and there is no way I will be there?

yellowwing
11-24-08, 03:19 PM
Just tell the Marine Corps you have other plans that conflict! :D

Sorry Dude, I got a scheduling conflict.

rvillac2
11-24-08, 03:35 PM
Unless you get RA duty, tell them to count you out. You won't be allowed to leave from MCT/MOS school unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

Please put in a little more info in your profile.

re8elmonk0341
11-24-08, 03:46 PM
Request Special Libbo.....When you get to MOS school. Whats the worst thing they can do....Say NO!!! Oh well, continue to train and keep pushing. It's not the end of the world if you miss your buddies wedding. I know it sucks but that's the truth. When you sign the contract you agreed to put the Corp first. Just send 'em a toaster and call it good.

SGT7477
11-24-08, 04:26 PM
So I am a Poolee and my ship date is March 2, 2009.. which means I should be graduating boot camp on May 29.. after that I know I get 10 days leave, which means I would report back to Pendleton on June 8 for MCT.. However, 2 of my best friends from college are getting married in the middle of June and July.. at which time I will be in MCT and/or my MOS school for 0200 which is in Quantico, VA.. both of my friends want me to be in their wedding.. and I would love to be there, so I guess I was simply curious if there was any possible way that I could make it to either one of their weddings.. I know I can get RA duty, which can be up to 30 more days.. and I also heard something about block leave that I could possibly get, since I will not have earned any yet.. I would only need 2 days leave each to make it to their weddings.. Is there any possible way I will be able to make it.. or should I just tell them to count me out and there is no way I will be there?

The Marine Corps will throw a iron in that fire.:evilgrin:

0231Marine
11-25-08, 06:29 AM

Your MOS school is in Virginia Beach, not Quantico. The school is to short for you to take leave during the week so you can forget about that but if they can schedule the wedding for a weekend, then the instructors might let someone pick you up and drive you there depending how far away it is. You won't be allowed to have a car there so you'll have to arrange other modes of transportation.

Marine84
11-25-08, 08:15 AM
Just tell the Marine Corps you have other plans that conflict! :D

Sorry Dude, I got a scheduling conflict.

Works every time..........................;)

Phantom Blooper
11-25-08, 08:35 AM
Send them each a gift...stay in the barracks...toast them with a soda pop...and rent the chick flick...."My Big Fat Greek Wedding"...cause you ain't gonna be there....unless you get RA.:evilgrin:

Enigmatic
11-25-08, 10:11 AM
If you're gonna be in MCT, forget about it. If you're in VA Beach, like 0231 said you could see if they let you go if it's on a weekend. You may have to fill out an out of bounds chit and if it's too far they probably won't let you go. Like re8elmonk said, ask. They worst they can do is say no.

bgsuwoody
11-27-08, 12:02 PM
Hey man, you are going to miss a lot of great times and things while in the Marine Corps. **** I am sitting here in Afghanistan on Thanksgiving. I am missing 2 weddings (of former Marines) in which I was asked to be the best man. You just can't do everything, and right now the lives of my boys are just more important than any boozing and schmoozing event.

brian21johansen
11-27-08, 01:01 PM
Just hope you get lucky

ecfree
11-27-08, 01:19 PM
Hey Storey,make it a novel and fill out you Profile son.:evilgrin:
Happy Thanksgiving...