PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Friday Nov 21st Grads

Achped
11-21-08, 11:15 PM
Where the heck are you guys? You all broken off that much? There were at least 7 of you.

And if you read this you need to give the appropriate greeting or some ****!

bonnjanry
11-22-08, 03:59 AM
Good morning Corporal,

I graduated from Platoon 1061, Company D a.k.a. Dirty Delta. Four Marines fainted during our parade. :/

Marine84
11-22-08, 07:35 AM
Welcome Home Marines! Congratulations!

Kegler300
11-22-08, 07:50 AM
I graduated 21 November...in 1975...

bgsuwoody
11-22-08, 08:34 AM
Where the heck are you guys? You all broken off that much? There were at least 7 of you.

And if you read this you need to give the appropriate greeting or some ****!

God Damn salt dog, you must be balls deep in the **** over there in Iraq...man...

RSSGreecePoolee
11-22-08, 09:10 AM
Well heres one. I'm in myrtle beach right now. It was a colllllldddddd ceremony.....in alphas....

yellowwing
11-22-08, 11:09 AM
Welcome back Marines. If you picked up a stripe you can edit it here (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar). From now until the day you eternally rest folks will call you That Marine. Its a good name, its in you to uphold it to the highest measure. Wear it with Pride.

Semper Fi :usmc:

Bonzack
11-22-08, 12:10 PM
Good Afternoon sir. Private First Class Bonzack reporting as ordered. =]

I FREAKING MADE IT.

Hoorah!

MarinesFTW
11-22-08, 12:32 PM
wow... my friend graduated that day and i STILL havn't gotten a call from him..

yellowwing
11-22-08, 12:45 PM
Bonsack, our favorite Romulan! Congratulations Marine. Semper Fi :usmc:

COFields
11-22-08, 03:09 PM
Good morning Corporal,

I graduated from Platoon 1061, Company D a.k.a. Dirty Delta. Four Marines fainted during our parade. :/

Why? :scared:

Rowe907
11-22-08, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor ceremony online? Im dying to see it. DIRTY DELTA... WHERE YOU AT '63?:marine:

One of my favorite moments was getting 2 Marine Corps Birthday meals...

buick233
11-22-08, 06:07 PM
Good evening Marines. PFC Lawrence, finally off the island! How can I change my avatar? That link above didn't work...

bonnjanry
11-22-08, 06:11 PM
Surf and turf at the recruit messhall. That was awesome!

yellowwing
11-22-08, 07:49 PM
Good evening Marines. PFC Lawrence, finally off the island! How can I change my avatar? That link above didn't work...

Got you covered Lawrence. Congratulations Marine. How did you like that Crucible test? Semper Fi

ecfree
11-22-08, 08:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE NEW GRADS.
OOOORRAAHHH
MARINES.
JOB WELL DONE..CARRY ON.:thumbup:

rkidd4
11-22-08, 09:49 PM
PVT. Kidd reporting back!!! 1067-SDI SSgt. Arzola, DI Sgt. Virto, and DI Sgt. Saldana...awesome guys...yeah we had 6 ppl faint...one broke his jaw, knocked out 7 teeth, and two of them went through his lip...it was hot!!!

MLMonk
11-22-08, 10:11 PM
I saw you Marines at Liberty Sunday...Doesn't the new MCX kick ass? Was talking to a few of you at the Iwo Jima Memorial. Just have to say 1st Battalion sucks, on 2nd Battalions nuts, and 3rd Battalion rocks :P lol.

Congradulations MARINES.

KevinR90
11-22-08, 11:53 PM
Well i'm still waiting for my avatar to change- but I'm back from the island- and yes it was a very cold ceremony. I don't know about anyone else, but our guide screwed us for the grad practice the morning of. "Woolly Pully or no Woolly Pully?" "No Woolly Pully." And so we froze for about an hour and a half. I think we were the only platoon not to wear them- and My senior was so freakin' mad. The guide got chewed out bad while we were waiting in the chute to start practice. Fun times though.

Overall a good ceremony. I thought we screwed up so bad when the Lt. Colonel turned around and said good morning Marines whithout the nice drawn out warning "Excuse me while I speak to the new Marines". Apparently even catching us/me off guard (though i didn't screw up) we did ok.

It is great to be home. The only thing is now I'm looking forward to the fleet. All we know is boot camp, I want to find out the the real Marine Corps is like. I might have trouble enjoying myself the next 10 days.

Banshee
11-23-08, 12:03 AM
Hello Marines!

I am back, but most already know that by now.

also, as a side note, the females only had sweaters for one grad practice. the males were always given everything.

yellowwing
11-23-08, 04:03 AM
There you go Kevin. Welcome back Marine. Semper Fi :usmc:

Rowe907
11-23-08, 05:31 AM
Surf and turf at the recruit messhall. That was awesome!

We got the birthday meal twice!! Once at the Depot and then the Monday after at Camp Pendleton!!! Ahhh good times...

Bonzack
11-23-08, 06:49 AM
Bonsack, our favorite Romulan! Congratulations Marine. Semper Fi :usmc:

Thanks!
The whole time I was there I think I was the least motivated recruit there. I literally lived from chow to chow, sunday to sunday in a daze. Then I woke up...during the crucible.

Best decision of my life. =]

yellowwing
11-23-08, 07:15 AM
But you did it! Not many even have the stones to try.

Achped
11-23-08, 10:03 AM
God Damn salt dog, you must be balls deep in the **** over there in Iraq...man...

Oh man its so rough, there were only 8 chicks at Salsa Night at the MWR yesterday. :devious:

Achped
11-23-08, 10:08 AM
Well i'm still waiting for my avatar to change- but I'm back from the island- and yes it was a very cold ceremony. I don't know about anyone else, but our guide screwed us for the grad practice the morning of. "Woolly Pully or no Woolly Pully?" "No Woolly Pully." And so we froze for about an hour and a half. I think we were the only platoon not to wear them- and My senior was so freakin' mad. The guide got chewed out bad while we were waiting in the chute to start practice. Fun times though.

Overall a good ceremony. I thought we screwed up so bad when the Lt. Colonel turned around and said good morning Marines whithout the nice drawn out warning "Excuse me while I speak to the new Marines". Apparently even catching us/me off guard (though i didn't screw up) we did ok.

It is great to be home. The only thing is now I'm looking forward to the fleet. All we know is boot camp, I want to find out the the real Marine Corps is like. I might have trouble enjoying myself the next 10 days.

I know we refer to our Lt. Colonel as the Colonel, or battalion commander, not Lt. Colonel.

RSSGreecePoolee
11-23-08, 11:58 AM
I know we refer to our Lt. Colonel as the Colonel, or battalion commander, not Lt. Colonel.

Yeah, he didn't say "excuse me a moment while I address your new marines."

Got me. I'll make a new account soon. Can't be a marine with the name RSSGreecePoolee now can I? My senior was a pretty cool guy. SSgt Pawelski. The night before grad we spent about an hour and a half telling him all the **** we experienced throughout training. What was funny, what sucked, what worked, etc.

KevinR90
11-23-08, 10:01 PM
Nice to hear from a fellow series member. I think my Senior Drill Instructor hated all of us. The drill hat too. The Kill hat liked us I think- and we liked him. Well, the rest of the platoon did. I hated him and he never even picked on me. I was in 84 by the way.

Quick question: does anyone ever get your Senior's name right? I've heard it said so many different ways. Actually I should ask that about my Drill hat. All the drill instructors call him Sergeant Stoudemire with a long u sound- like Stu or Stew. While the rest of us (recruits/Marines) said it the other way, like Stod. He never corrected us or them, so I don't know which way to say it.

PaidinBlood
11-23-08, 10:10 PM

We used to have a name or two for some of ours... ;)

RSSGreecePoolee
11-24-08, 12:36 PM
My seniors name is Pawelski. Pronounced Pah-well-ski. They ****ed it up during family day, I was ****ed. My kill and drill hated us. I don't think he did. And its pronouned stawd. Not stud.

KevinR90
11-24-08, 05:09 PM
Well that's how all of us said it- Stawd- but all the DI's said Stewd. Oh well. Yeah, I know Sergeant Sink hated you guys- he still seemed pretty funny though. And Staff Sergeant Nolting is just freakin' disgusted with all recruits everywhere. I'm glad I didn't have him.