PDA

View Full Version : The Vietnam War Under Fire

thedrifter
08-04-02, 05:28 PM
T his site does not try to document the entire history of the Vietnam War but is intended as a picture essay, illustrating some of the incredible conditions under which soldiers from both sides lived, fought, played and ultimately died. The legendary combat photographer, Tim Page, took almost all of the images shown; they are nothing short of stunning. I have tried to minimize the download time. If you wish to add any comments or share your experience with us on this site you will find email links on every page.

http://www.vietnampix.com/intro.htm

Finally, if you have come here to ONLY look at blood and gore you have come to the wrong place, a soldiers facial expression can be just as terrifying.

I would like to acknowledge my gratitude and thanks to Mr. Tim Page for letting me use his images on this site. Mr. Page managed under extraordinary circumstances, to bring back some of the most compelling photographs of the era. Most of the photographs on this site and many more, can be seen in his book "NAM", published by Thames and Hudson Inc. (ISBN 0-500-27280-8).

Tim Page is a photographer, journalist, and author of Page after Page: Memoirs of a War-Torn Photographer; Tim Page's Nam; and the coeditor of Requiem: By the Photographers Who Died in Indochina and Vietnam, the 1997 winner of the Robert Capa Gold Medal Award, the International Center of Photography Infinity Award for Best Publication, and other awards. He resides in Kent, England

Sempers,

Roger