PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for serving so I can post this in your honor.

Drill for life
11-20-08, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZR4V5vv2Fw&feature=email

Thank you for serving in the greates military in the world. I walk to class everyday in my AJROTC uniform and just go about my day as a pathertic Marine Poolee. I have not done anything in the Corps but I want to. I know I have not been to Iraq and Afghanistan(but I will go), I want to earn the title of Marine more than Anything and I know I have alot to learn. I just wanted to say THANK YOU FOR SERVING IN THE GREATEST MILITARY FORCE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN (The U.S. Marine Corps). Can you guys give me any tips what to expect in the Corps and also help me with seeing my friend (Three tours of Iraq and One of Afghanistan) through troubling itmes he's going through, because I don't know what to do when he starts shaking and screaming about the War. Thank you very much, you have no clue how much I want to repay you for this favor.
Sincerely;
Drill for life.

P.S. how can I post the movie so you don't even have to visit an external link?

sparkie
11-20-08, 09:11 PM
Little boy,,,,,, I think you just cleaned some spit off my old greens,,,,,,,,

When he shakes, you hold him,,, and you care.......

Newski45
11-20-08, 11:56 PM
OORAH Sgt.

MarinesFTW
11-21-08, 07:49 AM
HOLY HECK!! That was an amazing video great job on finding that one.

Marine84
11-21-08, 08:04 AM
I thought the first frame was kinda funny - dedicated to the men and woMAN in Iraq - there ain't but 1?

Zapablast05
11-21-08, 12:41 PM
That last snip gave me chills where it said "Men like him" and it showed that famous Silent Drill Team picture.

:flag:

Drill for life
11-21-08, 05:33 PM
This cadet is glad you guys like it Sergeant I have no clue what you said. Could somebody explain to this stupid marine wannabe boot what he said?

sparkie
11-21-08, 09:13 PM
This cadet is glad you guys like it Sergeant I have no clue what you said. Could somebody explain to this stupid marine wannabe boot what he said?
When I came Back to the world, I landed at Lindberg Field, San Diego. Just outside of of luggage pick-up was a Gauntlet of hippie Bull shet. I was a baby killer, In Winter green "A". Uniform. I was spit on alot. NO,,, I still don't let go,,,,,, But You lightened my load,,,,A little.

Hope you never get spit on, future Marine. :evilgrin::iwo:

Got the point?????

Drill for life
11-21-08, 10:11 PM
[quote=sparkie;414542]When I came Back to the world, I landed at Lindberg Field, San Diego. Just outside of of luggage pick-up was a Gauntlet of hippie Bull shet. I was a baby killer, In Winter green "A". Uniform. I was spit on alot. NO,,, I still don't let go,,,,,, But You lightened my load,,,,A little.

Hope you never get spit on, future Marine. :evilgrin::iwo:

You don't know how much that means to me. I don't think you where a Babykiller, I consider a Hero and a Man who had the balls to actually go and fight not some stupid ass hippie with his long hair and pot-smoking self who would probaly **** himself if he bumped into a tree the wrong way. Thank you for serving so I can sit here and type my Thank you note.
My Uncle got spit on when he came back and he beat the guy to death, people stopped spittting at him and calling him a Baby Killer.

Marine84
11-21-08, 10:32 PM
My Uncle got spit on when he came back

At least he came back. I lost one - he was 2 months shy of his 19th birthday. When you get a chance, click here http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49240&page=2

Drill for life
11-21-08, 10:37 PM
Your even a Marine death, everytime i read a new post I just get real excited and anxious. Is that normal behavior for a Poolee?

sscjoe
11-22-08, 02:28 PM
Kim, I looked at your link and it made me cry. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your Uncles sacrifice. Sorry for your loss, 38 years too late. SF Sister

buffa1oso1di3r
11-22-08, 02:47 PM
Drill... I honestly just cried.

I will never back-talk my dad ever again...

Now I remember that I almost lost him two years ago to a suicide bomber...

I feel like punching a code pink member in the face now.

Drill for life
11-22-08, 05:12 PM
Buffalo, its good to see a friend from the cadet Forum. Dud I jsut posted my PT Scores.:) They good or what?