PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter Reassignment

lagrand
11-19-08, 01:34 PM
I just got a call from another recruiter at my RSS saying that MY recruiter is no longer at the RSS and has be reassigned to HQ. I have been working with the same recruiter for the last 2 years and I didn't even get a call from him, but the other recruiter at the office. And when my father was in the military, his assignments would be 3 months in advance not a few days. I'm smelling some BS but I could be wrong. Any ideas as to what may have happened? I figured you guys might know best. God bless.

- LaGrand

0231Marine
11-19-08, 01:42 PM
I just got a call from another recruiter at my RSS saying that MY recruiter is no longer at the RSS and has be reassigned to HQ. I have been working with the same recruiter for the last 2 years and I didn't even get a call from him, but the other recruiter at the office. And when my father was in the military, his assignments would be 3 months in advance not a few days. I'm smelling some BS but I could be wrong. Any ideas as to what may have happened? I figured you guys might know best. God bless.

- LaGrand

Could be anything. Maybe Recruiting HQ was short staffed and asked him to come there and help out for a while. There is no set time table for how far in advance you get orders though. A buddy of mine just found out last month that he was going to Afghanistan and had 2 weeks to get his stuff together. If the Marine Corps can give two weeks notice for a deployment to Afghanistan, imagine what they can do for something stateside like that.

lagrand
11-19-08, 01:45 PM
Yeah that's definitely true. Well, thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll hear from soon. Take care.

dizark
11-19-08, 06:37 PM
My recruiter is heading back to the fleet December 1st. I've already met the new recruiter that will be the guy I report to each week while in the DEP.

Marine84
11-19-08, 07:15 PM
What? Did you get "attached" to YOUR Recruiter or something?

chadhertz
11-19-08, 07:22 PM
What? Did you get "attached" to YOUR Recruiter or something?
haha

lagrand
11-19-08, 10:29 PM
Haha, No Lance Corporal, I was just curious (and I capitalized "MY" to distinguish between the recruiter who called and the one with whom I have been working with). I got a call from him tonight saying that he just got moved up to the Recruiting Headquarters and that he is no longer a recruiter (which he sure is happy about).

hempstead56
11-19-08, 10:52 PM
Same thing happened to me when I was a Poole. Don't sweat it. Just do your thing and go to Boot

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-19-08, 11:54 PM
Your recruiter didn't call you because... he isn't your recruiter any more. You are now someone else's headache, he has plenty of new ones to deal with.

The reason you weren't told why he moved positions is pretty simple. It doesn't matter to you. I'm not trying to be rude, but it is a simple fact of Marine Corps life. You'll be told what you need to know to accomplish your mission- nothing more. An old saying "First to go, last to know" is as true today as it was in the past.

lagrand
11-22-08, 01:27 AM
Simple as that. Good to go Corporal. Thank you.