PDA

View Full Version : Question for former fatbodies

hockfan86
11-13-08, 11:42 PM
Hey guys I was wondering those of you that had 40-80 pounds to lose before you could join, at what point did you first go and talk to a recruiter? If you spoke to the recruiter while overweight what did he have to say? Just want to compare to my experience. Thank you.

davblay
11-14-08, 08:09 AM
Hey guys I was wondering those of you that had 40-80 pounds to lose before you could join, at what point did you first go and talk to a recruiter? If you spoke to the recruiter while overweight what did he have to say? Just want to compare to my experience. Thank you.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44273&page=6

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29787

TJR1070
11-14-08, 08:14 AM
If you are interested go and talk to him, he might even be able to help you lose the weight by PT'ing with you.

FullMetalFuture
11-14-08, 10:51 AM

I may be one of the better ones to answer this as I was just in your shoes 2 weeks ago. I am a fatbody and i want to be a Marine. I went to talk with the recruiter.

My experience went well. He told me that the hardest part was out of the way and that was coming to talk with him. The tension level went way down. From there he weighed me and got my height.

After that I took a practice ASVAB. We then discussed my score and basically said that you typically score 10 points higher.

Last before I left he gave me a diet to follow and invited me down anytime M-F to train with the poolees.

hockfan86
11-14-08, 01:46 PM
Thank you.

FullMetalFuture
11-14-08, 04:24 PM
Thank you.

You're more than welcome, friend.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-14-08, 07:36 PM
Some recruiters will work with you, some will tell you to lose the weight then come back. It depends on their own experience and what they believe is the best thing they can do to meet their mission requirements.