PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Waiver

jaydubz
11-09-08, 04:15 PM
I have passed meps physically, but to swear in I need my waiver to clear.
I'm told that i will need to be interviewed by the area recruiting CO. Does anyone have experience doing this or any helpful knowledge? Much appreciated..

thanks

jay

Big Jim
11-09-08, 05:15 PM
JUST BE HONEST....:thumbup:

Zulu 36
11-09-08, 05:16 PM
I have passed meps physically, but to swear in I need my waiver to clear.
I'm told that i will need to be interviewed by the area recruiting CO. Does anyone have experience doing this or any helpful knowledge? Much appreciated..

thanks

jay

Yeah. Tell the truth about everything and don't try to BS the officer. He might not have written the book on BSing, but you can bet he co-wrote at least one chapter in that book.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-09-08, 05:31 PM
Like they said, be honest. Answer his questions fully, don't try to hide anything at all. But also don't start answering questions that the C.O. didn't ask. If you don't remember something (like a date) don't just make something up. A big part of this process is to see if you're trustworthy. The C.O. will actually have all the information he needs. The interview is so he can get a feel for you, and see if you're going to try to BS your way through the whole thing.

jaydubz
11-09-08, 06:46 PM
Thanks yall, another thing is my recruiter is pushing me to sign reserves. He says that my chance of getting cleared is alot better because of the need for grad reserves. I'm willing to do this to be a Marine, but am hesitant because i know im going to have to jump through more hoops to get active duty. Any opinions or concerns?