PDA

View Full Version : Medal Mounting

usmcwife110307
11-02-08, 08:39 PM
My husband is part of the ceremonies for our units ball this year. He is wheeling our the cake and handing over the sword....that being said, his medals HAVE to look sharp. He has four medals, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to mount them so that they look crisp with no lines from the mounting bracket. We don't have the funds to have it professionally done, and before I try to do it myself, and muck it up, I was wondering if anyone had any success with doing this. Help would really be appreciated.
Semper Fi

Artemis
11-02-08, 09:30 PM
Without having them professionally mounted there is really only one way that I know how to do it. Just put them on the mounting bar as is and then attach them to the uniform. I personally had mine thin mounted at the uniform store on Camp Lejeune and it didn't cost me that much more than buying the stuff myself. I must say though when getting medals I suggest the anodized ones. Much nicer than the cheap ones.

bigdog43701
11-02-08, 10:37 PM
check out The Marine Shop dot com. You can buy the medals anodized and they are very reasonable in mounting rates.

usmcwife110307
11-02-08, 11:10 PM
Thanks Nelly, but we went to the bookstore at the annex (Hadnot Point), and we were quoted a price of $60.00 for the mounting. That price included the $20.00 charge for the quick job, since we need...

Sgt Leprechaun
11-05-08, 03:40 PM
Slide them onto the rack the exact same way you would the regular ribbons. Wear white gloves or other gloves when you do it, that way they don't soil the ribbons themselves. If you don't know the proper order of precedence, go to a place like ribbon checker to ensure you get it right.