PDA

View Full Version : Question about the first female Marine

carpe noctum
10-29-08, 03:48 PM
Here on this site, I've seen Lucy Brewer (spelling?) listed as the first WM; after donning a man's uniform she joined the men in combat.

But at the mini boot camp I attended, some of the instructors there said Opha Mae Johnson was the first WM. Did they say she was first because she was the first to legally enlist? Or is Lucy a legend/myth that wasn't confirmed?

Wyoming
10-29-08, 04:00 PM
Here on this site, I've seen Lucy Brewer (spelling?) listed as the first WM; after donning a man's uniform she joined the men in combat.

But at the mini boot camp I attended, some of the instructors there said Opha Mae Johnson was the first WM. Did they say she was first because she was the first to legally enlist? Or is Lucy a legend/myth that wasn't confirmed?

Why not look it up yourself and report back?

carpe noctum
10-29-08, 04:07 PM
Why not look it up yourself and report back?
I did. From various sources, both were declared the first female Marine. I'm not sure which source to take as fact, since, depending on the site, they're both listed as the first.

BR34
10-29-08, 05:04 PM
You know you burned quite a few bridges to more knowledge today when you started your back and forth with the Marines, right?

You are the weakest link.

Marine84
10-29-08, 07:42 PM
Opha Mae was enlisted and Brewer was just flapping her jaws in the wind.

Artemis
10-29-08, 07:51 PM
Oh wow Marine84 you are to nice. You must not have read his other posts before you replied here.

Marine84
10-30-08, 08:16 AM
You're right Nelly - and I think my Zoloft was working extra good last night.

I think this is a girl trying to come across as a guy. I mean think about it - how many boys come in here wanting to know who the first Woman Marine was? Hmmmmmmmm? Besides, there isn't THAT much info on the little puke's profile to tell.

Enigmatic
10-30-08, 08:55 AM
By the way, it's carpe NOCTEM! Unless you were trying to go for "seize the nuts"?

FullMetalFuture
10-30-08, 09:07 AM
:)

jetdoc
10-30-08, 09:59 AM

Dude you are going to have to dig yourself out from the "receiving" thread, and your little latin name means, "Serial Killers, Mafia Leaders"? I mean come on, you're going into USMC bootcamp I assume, its not a game and you will find that out in short order.

I hope you walk the walk as well as you talk the talk.

:D

TJR1070
10-30-08, 10:06 AM
I don't think this disrespectful piece of garbage would get through boot camp in the Fourth Battalion (no disrespect to my sisters)! Hey Carpface why don't you try filling out your profile completely with your recruiters name and phone number and then we will see if this is just a bunch of Marines trying to intimidate you over the internet. We'll see if your recruiter who will be standing in your face thinks it's funny that you disrespect Marines on or off the internet. You think this is a game that you can play from your computer with impunity, well you're dead wrong. I think Lt. Isorowi should probably be linked to the thread you started playing games on. You think you have games... we have more games than Milton Bradley! ****bird 10%'er!