PDA

View Full Version : New Member

SJSharkfsfan
10-15-08, 04:35 PM
Hello ,

I'm new to this web-site I found it by chance on google. :)

My son is in MCRD SD MRP right now. Are there any parent's who have son's at SD right now.

Kindly,
Elizabeth :beer:
VPMM

JRHD72
10-15-08, 05:31 PM
Yes there is you shall find a lot of support here.

Scottie0417
10-16-08, 01:11 AM
SharksFan, do you know how long your son will be in MRP? When I was at the depot I had two good buddies of mine get injured and sent to MRP. I saw them the week I graduated and they both had gained about 20 pounds since the last time I'd seen them and they looked really healthy. They told me they did a lot of rehabilitation and working out with weights. Even though it's going to take him a little bit longer to complete recruit training, your son is definitely in good hands and he's receiving the best training this country can offer.

egbutler1
10-16-08, 02:10 AM
Finally another person who knows who the best hockey team in the NHL is. Any-who welcome to Leatherneck you will find ton's of support here.

Scottie0417
10-16-08, 02:16 AM
Sorry Corporal Butler but the Wings are the greatest hockey team in the NHL...everyone knows that :-P

egbutler1
10-16-08, 02:36 AM
Wings are the greatest hockey team in the NHL...everyone knows that :-P I hear that a lot, but your WRONG lol

proudashellmama
10-16-08, 04:15 PM
Hi Sharksfan,

I HAD a son at MCRD. He graduated and now is completing artillery training and we are waiting to hear where he goes next. We love San Diego.

NewMarineMama
10-16-08, 04:28 PM
Salutations all!
I'm a new member here too. I heard one of my sons talking about this site. Looks like a great source of support.

My eldest son just graduated at MCRD San Diego, Charlie Co Platoon 1051 on October 10th. I'm happy to have him home for a bit but am already sad for him to leave again so soon. Those Drill Instructors made an amazing Marine of my boy!

Corpspapa
10-17-08, 07:12 PM
Welcome SJSharkfsfan and NewMarineMama.

SJSharkfsfan ~ Hope your soon-to-be-Marine gets over the complications causing MRP status as quickly as possible. Hang tough, they'll take good care of him.

NewMarineMama ~ Hug him while you got him, lol. Boot Leave goes...f-a-s-t!!!

SlingerDun
10-17-08, 08:25 PM
I see the yellow hoof prints are in need of paint and are now located inside the portico at MCRD Diego. So the bus rolls right up on the parade deck to unload its human cargo?

NewMarineMama
10-18-08, 08:46 AM
Thanks Corpspapa! I sure am trying to hug him as much as I can (when the girlfriend isn't). He promised the entire day with me today and I am very excited! We are supposed to go "ring shopping" as he is getting ready to pop the question with the girlfriend! OMG, I'm not sure I'm ready for this!!!

I love him being home though. I'm really bummed that he didn't get Recruiters Assistance but there IS a chance he may get to come home after MCT and have an extended period of RA (like over the holidays!!!) because his MOS school doesn't start until January!
:-)

Corpspapa
10-18-08, 11:31 AM
Heather ~ You get a whole day with him??!! LOL. Blake was the same way when he came home for boot leave. Going, going, going. We did see him at mealtime, ha-ha. Be sure to send him to SOI with a good security lock. The ones they issue there are easily 'broken.' Blake's Zune 'disappeared.' So did several other's. Yes, it happens.

SlingerDun ~ Love your signature quote.

DAMNPROUD
10-19-08, 08:11 AM
Elizabeth i know you are worried about your son.there are lots of Marines here to answer your questions.ask away,they sure helped me(thanks Marines)

keith

ScottsMom
10-21-08, 10:43 AM
Welcome to you both! This is a great and very helpful site......

0231Marine
10-21-08, 12:58 PM
Welcome new parents to this sight. Feel free to ask any question that is on your mind pertaining to the Marine Corps and we Marines and other family members will do everything we can to answer them for you.

Again, Welcome!!!

And the Flyers are the best team...just not this year :)

TJR1070
10-21-08, 02:25 PM
I was dropped from my original platoon to MRP while in boot camp and it was definately a challenging experience. Not only was the rehabilitation I had to go through a long and frustrating process, but the re-entry into training with a new platoon can be the most stressful. Your recruit will probably need some extra mail and encouragement but with a positive attitude and hard work he will come through just fine.

gofigyer
10-30-08, 11:50 AM
My son leaves for MCRD SD on Monday the 3rd so I am trying to prepare as best I can. It's easy to say 'I'm so Proud" but that doesn't even come close to describing the emotions, eh? You will find a lot of information and support here. I'm still learning about how to be a Marine Mom (including can I say that yet?). Anyway, welcome from another MOM.