PDA

View Full Version : Running injury help

kash
09-26-08, 05:22 PM
I was out one night running 2 miles and messed my ankle up. I could tell a car was coming up behind me so I got off the road since it was night time and they might not see me. When I went to step off I did not see a little hole in the ground and I guess twisted my ankle. Its been 3 weeks since this has happened. I thought it was just a sprain so I rested it for a week but it still has not healed. A week ago I went on a endurance run with one of the recruiters and it started to hurt even worse. Now whenever I drill(I'm in JROTC) it just makes it worse and its now sore to the touch on the right side of my right ankle.
I still try to run on it but it always make it worse. I have 8 months till I ship and my running needs some work so Im trying to fix this quickly. Should I see a doctor? I thought it was just a little sprain but I have never had a sprain last this long.

Sorry for a long and maybe pointless post. I just don't want to have a bad ankle.

dizark
09-26-08, 05:55 PM
If you have sprained it, I don't recall a week being long enough and then doing strenuous activities such as running will make it worse. I'd honestly recommend going to see a dr for a professional opinion and his or he course of remedy.

Good luck to you!

SlingerDun
09-26-08, 06:31 PM
Thats right one week is not close to adequate healing time. A sprain is torn ligament or tendonous material and will continue to tear and inflame if stressed before it's bonded. A quick fix doesn't work or last. Tincture of time, avoiding lateral movement and excessive concussive weight bearing is the best way to repair an ankle sprain. You could feel the scarring from a sprain a year from now but 8 months should be more than enough time to get a young guy back in the hunt. If you treat it right....

--->Dave

degenerate138
09-26-08, 06:37 PM
Go to a doctor yesterday.

Alex1990
09-26-08, 06:48 PM
I've sprained my ankle numerous times playing basketball and running and I would like to say that while you still have pain, I would Rest it, Wrap it and take it slow. Like you said you have plenty of time to get better. It is better to rest and not make it worse.

just my ".2c"

~Alex!

SlingerDun
09-26-08, 06:55 PM
I've sprained my ankle numerous times playing basketball and runningWas it the same ankle, same approx location?

Alex1990
09-26-08, 07:04 PM
Was it the same ankle, same approx location?

Actually Yes, Ive had many different types of sprained ankles, Left and Right. High and Low. It helps if you Ace Bandage wrap it and put a sock over that. the pressure can help with the swelling and the soreness to the touch. Always worked for me!;)

~Alex