PDA

View Full Version : Too pretty to be a Marine!

W2BMARINEGIRL
09-17-08, 10:57 AM
I hear this all the time and it makes me laugh and smile everytime! No one is too pretty to be a Marine. But i want to know and this may sound like a really dumb question but do girls in the Marine Corp really get treated different because i hear two sides to this story!

Achped
09-17-08, 10:59 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................... ..................

Rains
09-17-08, 11:05 AM

ROFL. run Morgan run.

Ingle
09-17-08, 11:12 AM
hmm.. idk but I dont mind pretty girls.

Achped
09-17-08, 11:16 AM
Morgan, here's the thing.

I need to see you in person. You see, there are girls that are in fact too pretty to be Marines! Its the truth! The only way to know for sure is to have an experienced lance criminal check you out, and seeing as how I deploy to Iraq in a few days I really need you to hop on a plane and get over to Hawaii ASAP. I will just give you the quick look-over and tell you if you are too pretty to serve in my Corps.

Honestly though, I can get into some real in-depth stuff about military girls. Hawaii has a bunch of girls from all branches, and while my favorite are Air Force, it has nothing do with looks. It has more to do with...well...I'll keep that to myself.

In fact, truth be told, most Marine girls ARE gorgeous. I don't work with female Marines, but when I went to Okinawa (Godddd thats where they ALL go) they were smokin! Its incredible. I always pictured them as butchy and such, and while there are a few like that, its nothing like the common perception. They are in better shape than the other branches and just are in general hotter.

The Army on the other hand....ugh...its horrible.

W2BMARINEGIRL
09-17-08, 11:20 AM
ROFL. run Morgan run.
stuff like this dont scare me away haha! i don't mind when people say this to me cause i love proving people wrong!

davblay
09-17-08, 11:21 AM

NOW WHO DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING?

Dave

Achped
09-17-08, 11:22 AM
Ahhh, but I helped her out in the longrun!

No girl is too pretty to serve in my Corps just as long as she serves with me!!!

:):):)

Seriously Morgan, there are loads of gorgeous female Marines. Tons of them. Thats why I keep getting in trouble!!! If they were ugly I wouldve never....well yeah i probably still would have but still, there are alot of pretty ones

RYDERKUR
09-17-08, 11:28 AM
Achped, bro, you got it all wrong. There is the Lance Criminal inspection board to go in front of to determine this, it is not solely a one Marine job to determine this, haha, I'm just messing.

Achped
09-17-08, 11:30 AM
No you're not. lol

Whats the first thing all the lance coolies do when a new PFC is on deck?

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

jackson07
09-17-08, 12:06 PM
Ha ha ha, so true.

Chumley
09-17-08, 12:23 PM
Professionalism dictates that everyone is treated equally.
Reality is that pretty people tend to have it a little tiny bit easier than the rest of us.
It's not right, it's not fair.
Don't expect to be treated differently than anyone else.

That said, non-rates get in line behind the NCO's.

Isrowei
09-17-08, 12:49 PM
Wow... Who didn't see this coming..?

First, what the hell kind of question is that? You want to be taken seriously and not like some bimbo? Act serious first. Right now, you're the latter category. Hence the attention you're getting from the "Lance Criminal" section. You won't think it's so funny after you've been a Lance Corporal for 4 years and your Pro / Cons reflect that people think you're a joke. Or worse, you get promoted and you're just a useless piece of preening crap who took the spot from someone more deserving.

W2BMARINEGIRL
09-17-08, 01:03 PM
Well, I am not a bimbo nor will i ever be and i take anything that i do seriously especially the Marine Corp.

Chumley
09-17-08, 01:26 PM
Well, I am not a bimbo nor will i ever be and i take anything that i do seriously especially the Marine Corp.

W2BMARINEGIRL,

While the initial topic and responses were somewhat fun, let's be straight up. If you want to argue, go find some other people to hang out with. The Lieutenant gave you a hint that there is much more to being a Marine than looks. The character you display is what matters. Looks are fleeting. If you take everything so seriously, recognize now that any back trash talk to any senior Marine is not gonna be tolerated. If you didn't like what Lt Isworei had to say, too bad. Shut up and move on, but don't friggin brush him off. Learn now. CORPS

Isrowei
09-17-08, 01:33 PM
I hear this all the time and it makes me laugh and smile everytime! No one is too pretty to be a Marine. But i want to know and this may sound like a really dumb question but do girls in the Marine Corp really get treated different because i hear two sides to this story!

Morgan, let me put this as gently as I can. Read your above statement again.

Now, go check out the album of picture you loaded onto your profile. Does this look familiar?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=1170

You're 18, smoking, and holding what I'd lay odds is an alcoholic beverage. Am I right?

You put presented all this in preparation for your first introduction.. which is again listed above.

Now, let me ask you something dead serious: How would YOU have viewed someone who loaded those pictures, and then asked that question?

Chumley is right. People will treat you as you deserve to be treated. Notice that the first page full of responses were the playboys of the site popping on for a good time and a quick flirt. You didn't get one serious response... and this site is LITTERED with heavyweight advice givers.. people who have been there, done that, and can you straight talk on what it takes and how to be the best Marine you can be. But you didn't get those people. They passed you right by because you came off as something far closer to .. pardon my expression.. a bimbo.. than a serious poolee.

You want to flirt and be a kid... go to MySpace and find you some nice college to get lost in. We don't need any more floozies in the Marine Corps.. male or female. We need serious people who understand this is serious business.

MarineNCO
09-17-08, 01:45 PM
Morgan, let me put this as gently as I can. Read your above statement again.

Now, go check out the album of picture you loaded onto your profile. Does this look familiar?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=1170

You're 18, smoking, and holding what I'd lay odds is an alcoholic beverage. Am I right?

You put presented all this in preparation for your first introduction.. which is again listed above.

Now, let me ask you something dead serious: How would YOU have viewed someone who loaded those pictures, and then asked that question?

Chumley is right. People will treat you as you deserve to be treated. Notice that the first page full of responses were the playboys of the site popping on for a good time and a quick flirt. You didn't get one serious response... and this site is LITTERED with heavyweight advice givers.. people who have been there, done that, and can you straight talk on what it takes and how to be the best Marine you can be. But you didn't get those people. They passed you right by because you came off as something far closer to .. pardon my expression.. a bimbo.. than a serious poolee.

You want to flirt and be a kid... go to MySpace and find you some nice college to get lost in. We don't need any more floozies in the Marine Corps.. male or female. We need serious people who understand this is serious business.

I doubt I could have said it as well.

I work with Marines from Pvt all the way up the chain. I have had opportunity to work with women Marines. I have nothing to say about the officer side of the house as I have only worked indirectly with them. Of the many women Marines I have directly worked with I only respect one. Yes, out of at least 10 women Marines I have worked with I only respect one. that means that on average I respect 10% of the female Marine population.

Most women I have found trade on their looks and/or gender to garner favors or to be "the exception".

If you want to be a Marine your whole outlook needs to change. Nothing says you can not be a woman and be a Marine. But everything says you need to make people see you as a Marine first then a woman.

W2BMARINEGIRL
09-17-08, 01:53 PM
W2BMARINEGIRL,

While the initial topic and responses were somewhat fun, let's be straight up. If you want to argue, go find some other people to hang out with. The Lieutenant gave you a hint that there is much more to being a Marine than looks. The character you display is what matters. Looks are fleeting. If you take everything so seriously, recognize now that any back trash talk to any senior Marine is not gonna be tolerated. If you didn't like what Lt Isworei had to say, too bad. Shut up and move on, but don't friggin brush him off. Learn now. CORPS

There was no disrespect intended at all and did not say any of that in a disrespectful manner and definatley not looking for an argument. Sorry if anyone is taking this the wrong way but all i asked for was an opinion and i have gotten a lot. I respect all of them.

Iseethelight
09-17-08, 01:59 PM
The Army on the other hand....ugh...its horrible.

Ain't that the god-awful truth, but I have known a few female Soldiers that could kick some serious ass.

jrhd97
09-17-08, 02:24 PM
If you are squared away, pull your weight, with your looks you will have the opportunity to go far. Don't trade your looks for favors and the easy road. Honestly the better looking the woman the harder she has to work to prove her self. You can thank all the WM's ( not every WM is like this ) behind you that traded looks for work. There is a reputation that you have to overcome. It's not fair, but it is what it is.

W2BMARINEGIRL
09-17-08, 02:29 PM
If you are squared away, pull your weight, with your looks you will have the opportunity to go far. Don't trade your looks for favors and the easy road. Honestly the better looking the woman the harder she has to work to prove her self. You can thank all the WM's ( not every WM is like this ) behind you that traded looks for work. There is a reputation that you have to overcome. It's not fair, but it is what it is.

You hit the nail on the head and that is what i have been trying to say this whole time and what other Marines that i know have been telling me.... thanks for pointing that out cause that is what i have been trying to say...

THAT AINT IT
09-17-08, 02:42 PM
Female Marines have to work harder regardless of looks. We have to prove ourselves in everything. We don't get promoted based on our looks and we sure as hell don't get a good PFT score because of our looks. There is nothing better than actually proving you are better at something than a male Marine is. All it takes is one female Marine in a unit to be a...hussy and suddenly every female in the Marine Corps has to be the same thing. Just don't be that one. You'll get plenty of "don't be a slut" speeches at boot camp.

yellowwing
09-17-08, 02:51 PM
We all share our burdens of hardships. You'll be no different. If the chow is light on fresh beef, everyone gets their portion of mystery meat. If The Old Man calls for a 0430 formation, you'll be there standing tall too.

Mikewebe
09-17-08, 04:27 PM
Wow... Who didn't see this coming..?

First, what the hell kind of question is that? You want to be taken seriously and not like some bimbo? Act serious first. Right now, you're the latter category. Hence the attention you're getting from the "Lance Criminal" section. You won't think it's so funny after you've been a Lance Corporal for 4 years and your Pro / Cons reflect that people think you're a joke. Or worse, you get promoted and you're just a useless piece of preening crap who took the spot from someone more deserving.

Dang Sir droppin bombs on the young miss. But you are definitely correct about the promoted for being pretty and being potentially worthless.

However w2bmarinegirl, take the above post to heart are you worth being a Marine

Achped
09-17-08, 05:09 PM
Lt. Isrowei....bingo.

Zulu 36
09-17-08, 05:19 PM
Female Marines have to work harder regardless of looks. We have to prove ourselves in everything. We don't get promoted based on our looks and we sure as hell don't get a good PFT score because of our looks. There is nothing better than actually proving you are better at something than a male Marine is. All it takes is one female Marine in a unit to be a...hussy and suddenly every female in the Marine Corps has to be the same thing. Just don't be that one. You'll get plenty of "don't be a slut" speeches at boot camp.

I'd bet the "hot" factor was a big reason HQMC directed no more official personnel file photos in skirts for female Marines.

My ex-wife was a pretty hot little ticket (if I say so myself) while she was active duty Coast Guard. She had to work very hard to get where she did and it didn't involve sex or showing off her legs. She wrote #1, Coast Guard-wide, on the Yeoman 2d Class exam and got promoted very early as a result.

The test-correctors in Washington DC never see the persons involved, so looks had no bearing. To make her accomplishment harder, she had been a striker yeoman (didn't go to the A-school, instead learned everything on-the-job after a lateral move as an E-2 from the boatswain field).

Oh, did I mention she was a refugee Cuban girl who didn't speak, read, or write a word of English until she was 10-years old?

Her work was excellent and she also behaved correctly in front of male Coasties. Even when she was with me, she insisted on zero PDA on base and in uniform. As a Marine, I understood where she was coming from.

She even earned a CG Commendation Medal with an "O" Device ("Operational," a kind of CG non-combat valor device) for life-saving. Her looks had nothing to do with her jumping in the Detroit River to save a drowning man who fell off a fishing pier into the race path of unlimited hydroplanes - during a race heat.

As an aside, I wish for her sake, she had stayed in the Coast Guard and didn't try to rush an officer's commission through Army ROTC. She was superb at being a USCG Yeoman, but just wasn't a poop-in-the-woods kind of gal. She may be my ex, but she has done a lot of stuff I still respect her for.

So, I guess my point is after all of this rambling: You can be cute as all get out and still be a top performer without using the good looks. You have to be proficient and maintain your professionalism on AND off-duty. Is it harder for a female? You betcha - but your co-workers will respect you all the more for it - not to mention respecting yourself.

Stay away from Achped - at all costs. :marine:

Mikewebe
09-17-08, 05:27 PM
All ever saw was the good looking Wm's worked at JAG and HQ's while the lesser ones were Motor T and such. Just an observation. I even ran into a couple that used Skoal or Copenhagen, ewww

Brewer0311
09-17-08, 06:24 PM
All ever saw was the good looking Wm's worked at JAG and HQ's while the lesser ones were Motor T and such. Just an observation. I even ran into a couple that used Skoal or Copenhagen, ewww

Yeah I saw somefemales Marines from CLB-1 at CAX. They were pretty cute (For being in the field from 3 1/2 weeks straight haha). Then they both put in a wad of Cope.

I pretty much just steer clear of them all together now lol.

Mikewebe
09-17-08, 06:33 PM
I ran into a WM at 2nd FSSG, about 5'10 160, both forearms tatted and had a dip in. I was like WTF but ok, she was some type of supply type

BR34
09-17-08, 06:38 PM
All it takes is one female Marine in a unit to be a...hussy and suddenly every female in the Marine Corps has to be the same thing. Just don't be that one. You'll get plenty of "don't be a slut" speeches at boot camp.

Those speeches must not work worth a damn because to be quite honest with you (and I'll catch **** for this) of all the female Marines I've met in person I've NEVER met a married one that wasn't actively ****ing one of my co-workers or a single one that wasn't actively ****ing half the barracks. And I work with a good number of FMs.

Maybe your D.I.s should just give up, because that **** ain't working.

And, W2BMARINEGIRL (http://leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=51369), whether your question was serious or not, it gives me a disgusting first impression of you. Instead of focusing on knowledge or PT you're filling up bandwidth with a thinly disguised "Am I hot?!?" post! No one (with the exception of Achped) here gives a hell what you look like. The task at hand for you should be becoming a Marine. Worry about advancement or lack of based on looks after you've actually accomplished something.

SlingerDun
09-17-08, 06:43 PM
Stunning folks belonging to 3 or more genders are often 'handled different in many occupations with most exceptions being sure nuff steely jobs that take grit and a heap of skill, if you don't pan out nobody will harness your burdens and cute don't amount to sh*t.

If your solid you get core character respect and it's a different treatment from pretty. You'll know.

I'm familiar with women farriers and cowhands who prove up and hold where boys and girls scrub out and crawl back under the porch with the pups.

Not likely you'll find yourself neck deep in such gigs but don't worry none girlfren you ain't all thathttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif and you still got alot to prove in this world. Pull your weight and bust your hump feel good about who you are and where you been as time marches on and looks fade:marine:

--->Dave

DOWORK1
09-17-08, 07:00 PM
Those speeches must not work worth a damn because to be quite honest with you (and I'll catch **** for this) of all the female Marines I've met in person I've NEVER met a married one that wasn't actively ****ing one of my co-workers or a single one that wasn't actively ****ing half the barracks. And I work with a good number of FMs.

Maybe your D.I.s should just give up, because that **** ain't working.

And, W2BMARINEGIRL (http://leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=51369), whether your question was serious or not, it gives me a disgusting first impression of you. Instead of focusing on knowledge or PT you're filling up bandwidth with a thinly disguised "Am I hot?!?" post! No one (with the exception of Achped) here gives a hell what you look like. The task at hand for you should be becoming a Marine. Worry about advancement or lack of based on looks after you've actually accomplished something.

I could actually smell her over here in Alabama..kinda weird

Marine84
09-17-08, 07:02 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! The boys are right Morgan. Doesn't hurt to be a pretty Woman Marine and the best feeling you'll EVER get is when you do something that one of them can't do (and gettin' pregnant doesn't count) or can't do without b!tch!n about it. They hate to hear a female whine about ANYTHING - if they see that you at least try, they'll do anything they can to help you out. You WILL have to work twice as hard to be half as good as the as the biggest $h!b!rd of the bunch OR you could use them looks to get anything you want and have everybody around you NOT want to cover your a$$ if push come to shove. For instance, IF you're fking the Gny and he's doing you favors, your peers will tell you to have Gny cover your a$$ but, he won't be able to because he'll be the ONLY one that gets in trouble when it gets out about the two of you. You see what I'm saying?

We Women Marines are called The Fewer The Prouder (for obvious reasons). Just don't be one of the ones that ruins the reputation.

Chumley
09-18-08, 09:58 AM
Those speeches must not work worth a damn because to be quite honest with you (and I'll catch **** for this) of all the female Marines I've met in person I've NEVER met a married one that wasn't actively ****ing one of my co-workers or a single one that wasn't actively ****ing half the barracks.

I'm twisting this thread subject a bit but this brings us back to an interesting discussion...The old double standard.
WE males don't dislike one another for bangin' everthing that moves - just the opposite. If my buddy got laid last night, I say good for him. = stud (that is unless it's a female we feel protective over ie. mother, daughter, sister, girlfriend, wife). If my buddy is a woman or WM, and she got laid last night, we tend to think - slut. However, it's a two way street, unless you have your very own Eve toy, then you are sharing the experience - both parties are involved. If it wasn't for willing women, we males would be...well...I don't want to think it, but I'm sure something would be getting humped - anybody missing a fleece sock? If a WM got laid, we should treat her like we would any male...good for her.

As far as looks go, if you're good looking, some doors will open for you a little easier, but you still need to prove yourself. At the end of the day, was the mission successful? is really all that matters. The rest is just scuttlebutt. Males and females in the Corps face the same challenge - tough competition. Different avenues - same destination.

If you don't like that people get advantageous treatment due to factors that shouldn't matter, than stop treating them differently for those reasons and it will begin to matter less. Or, accept human nature for what it is.

This ought to stir up some some responses - Incoming!:no:

SFi
C

Enigmatic
09-18-08, 10:31 AM
Personally, I know my wife is smokin' hot and every time she checks into a new unit it's the same damn thing with the male Marines "Damn! She's bangin" etc., etc. That is until they meet me and I secure that sh*t. But by the time they're throwing her a going-away it's always "Corporal Gonzalez, you are really knowledgeable and we learned alot from you. Thank you for putting in those long hours and blah blah blah." Her 4.8/4.8 pros/cons have nothing to do with her beauty. Guess I got one of the good ones.

Achped
09-18-08, 11:52 AM
I'm twisting this thread subject a bit but this brings us back to an interesting discussion...The old double standard.
WE males don't dislike one another for bangin' everthing that moves - just the opposite. If my buddy got laid last night, I say good for him. = stud (that is unless it's a female we feel protective over ie. mother, daughter, sister, girlfriend, wife). If my buddy is a woman or WM, and she got laid last night, we tend to think - slut. However, it's a two way street, unless you have your very own Eve toy, then you are sharing the experience - both parties are involved. If it wasn't for willing women, we males would be...well...I don't want to think it, but I'm sure something would be getting humped - anybody missing a fleece sock? If a WM got laid, we should treat her like we would any male...good for her.

As far as looks go, if you're good looking, some doors will open for you a little easier, but you still need to prove yourself. At the end of the day, was the mission successful? is really all that matters. The rest is just scuttlebutt. Males and females in the Corps face the same challenge - tough competition. Different avenues - same destination.

If you don't like that people get advantageous treatment due to factors that shouldn't matter, than stop treating them differently for those reasons and it will begin to matter less. Or, accept human nature for what it is.

This ought to stir up some some responses - Incoming!:no:

SFi
C

ehhh i dont know about that Chumley. Marines will bang anything. Female Marines have it so easy, honestly, I am a bit jealous. They don't even have to WORK for it, they just sit in there barracks room and the guys come to them . (I am speaking figuratively, not literally as in they come in and get laid automatically).

For example, I am in an all male battalion. I bet you money that if I didn't have a car, nice clothes, or be as attractive as I am ;) I would never get ANYTHING on this Island. I would never even SEE females, except the old ladies that work at the chow hall and the wives that work at the PX.

But if there was a butt nasty female Marine chewing Skoal who has no money, no car, and is on restriction? She'd still be getting hers.

Thats life though right?

CHOPPER7199
09-18-08, 12:21 PM
Hmm, From What I Read Of This Tread, Seems It Should Be On That So-called My Space. Ship Date Of Sept. 9th Wow Past That, What Yr. 2009 Or What?

Chumley
09-18-08, 12:27 PM
ehhh i dont know about that Chumley. Marines will bang anything. Female Marines have it so easy, honestly, I am a bit jealous. They don't even have to WORK for it, they just sit in there barracks room and the guys come to them . (I am speaking figuratively, not literally as in they come in and get laid automatically).

For example, I am in an all male battalion. I bet you money that if I didn't have a car, nice clothes, or be as attractive as I am ;) I would never get ANYTHING on this Island. I would never even SEE females, except the old ladies that work at the chow hall and the wives that work at the PX.

But if there was a butt nasty female Marine chewing Skoal who has no money, no car, and is on restriction? She'd still be getting hers.

Thats life though right?

Yeppers - that IS life. You don't see women buying us a diamond rings looking for a longterm commitment, do ya? Unless you can lean forward and not fall down because of a built in tri-pod, you're gonna have to work for it.

The male Marines will bang anything - that's my point - the females usually will too, they just get a better selection.

Hey, is that "butt nasty female Marine chewing Skoal who has no money, no car, and is on restriction" an NCO?, 'cause I don't want to fraternize or anything.:call:

Artemis
09-18-08, 01:19 PM
Hey I am a woman and I think I'm ok looking but I worked my ass off for what I got. If you think that you are going to sit back and get promoted because you are cute well then that leads me to believe that you are a piece of ****. You have to adhere to the same standards as anyone else so grow up and get over yourself.

MotherGoose
09-18-08, 01:59 PM
Stunning folks belonging to 3 or more genders are often 'handled different in many occupations with most exceptions being sure nuff steely jobs that take grit and a heap of skill, if you don't pan out nobody will harness your burdens and cute don't amount to sh*t.

If your solid you get core character respect and it's a different treatment from pretty. You'll know.

--->Dave

What he said. Even if you are good looking (hey some people can't help it) and do an exemplary job in the Corps there will ALWAYS.......... I REPEAT...........ALWAYS........ be someone obnoxious enough to say you got where you got because of your looks. And even if you are not good looking and do an exemplary job in the Corps there will ALWAYS............I REPEAT..............ALWAYS be someone obnoxious enough to say you got where you got because you blew someone. You can't win either way, but the good news is that their opinion amounts to jack squat. Don't ever forget that the majority of male Marines are the biggest, most gossipy, rumor lovin biotches you'll ever love.

Rains
09-18-08, 02:23 PM
Mabye its just me but, what is the point in asking the question "am I too pretty to be a Marine".... Marines are made to fight, not enter beauty pagents,I dont think the enemy is going to care how good looking you are as you dispatch them.

Just my two cents. :evilgrin:

Cpl to Civ
09-18-08, 02:40 PM
Instead of helping out someone we would rather thrash her and make her think the Marine Corp is this way to females. I know we were raised better than that. First off there is never such a thing a female to pretty and Woman Marines get treated the same as all other Marines. A Marine is a Marine regarless of race, sex, orgin it doesn't matter. I hope this helps.

outlaw3179
09-18-08, 02:53 PM
Your hot. The End. Im sure you look reall pretty in your cammies. Im sure you look real fu*king pretty when your cammies are tossed in some corner on the floor. Sorry Im a grunt. I think I went 4 years without ever seeing a female Marine. A Marine is a Marine.

outlaw3179
09-18-08, 03:30 PM
lol..thanks Wing.

yellowwing
09-18-08, 03:38 PM
lol..thanks Wing.

Well hey man! We got to keep some poolees around. :D

BR34
09-18-08, 04:42 PM
Mabye its just me but, what is the point in asking the question "am I too pretty to be a Marine"....

You see, young grasshopper. There are some out there that feed off attention. And seriously, what better way is there to get attention on a forum dominated by males than to ask the question "Am I too pretty to...?"?

Instead of helping out someone we would rather thrash her

Thing is Cpl, she appears to be wanting to be treated just like every other male poolee, and that's exactly what I intend to do, becuase if one of these male poolees came in and asked if they were too handsome I would have the same response. To be honest with you I don't think anyone was as hard on her as they should have been for asking such a ludicris question. Some of the salty Marines on this site would have gave a male wannabe hell for asking this EXACT same question.

Woman Marines get treated the same as all other Marines.That is absolute bull ****!!!

BR34
09-18-08, 04:44 PM
lol..thanks Wing.

C'mon Sgt., let us in on the secret!!!

Achped
09-18-08, 04:51 PM
This whole thread is why I'm so glad I don't work with females, and why I'm glad Hawaii has probably the least amount of female Marines of any base in the Marine Corps

Brewer0311
09-18-08, 05:03 PM
This whole thread is why I'm so glad I don't work with females, and why I'm glad Hawaii has probably the least amount of female Marines of any base in the Marine Corps

MCRD SD maybe?

MarinesFTW
09-18-08, 05:15 PM
MCRD SD maybe?
Ye i think you win on that subject lol

thewookie
09-18-08, 05:18 PM
Well hey man! We got to keep some poolees around. :D

I didn't see his post, but I bet he said what I was thinking......

Achped
09-18-08, 05:18 PM
Roger that Sgt Wookie!

And yeah I think Cpl Brewer got me on that one lol, but as a major fleet base...Hawaii.

E5NAMKROW
09-18-08, 06:02 PM
Well You Got Your Attention. Why Didnt You Just Title It I Need Attention. If This Is An Honest To Gods Truth Question, I Feel For You. There Are Way More Important Questions You Should Have...the Least Of Which Is Am I Too Pretty. Well, You Got My Attention And I Gave You Some. Congratulations And Good Luck In Your Future Aspects Of Becoming On Of The Few. UNFORTUNATELY, YES FEMALES GET TREATED DIFFERENT. A GOOD NCO OR SNCO WILL TREAT YOU PROPERLY. GOOD LUCK.

amarine0311
09-18-08, 06:43 PM
W2BMARINEGIRL-
after looking at your picture, the answer is simpley- NO!!
You are pathetic. Go bother some flyboys somewhere. I am suprised you are not blonde and wearing big bug eyed sunglasses.

HurricaneRJ
09-18-08, 07:04 PM
Just one word of advice, if you hit the fleet. Stay away from grunts after they just got off long field op. We get crazy:marine:

YutYut
09-18-08, 08:05 PM
Outlaw, I saw your post. You're out of control dude lol

HurricaneRJ
09-18-08, 08:21 PM
let's see, I'm picturing her as a Marine, but I don't think she comes close to looking as good as Big sis Kim.

Just can't visualize that.

UsmcMotorT
09-18-08, 09:06 PM
Attention W.H.O.R.E

:thumbdown

Don't think your looks can get you everywhere.

Achped
09-18-08, 09:31 PM
let's see, I'm picturing her as a Marine, but I don't think she comes close to looking as good as Big sis Kim.

Just can't visualize that.

Cougars are where its at!

Did I just say that?

Marine84
09-18-08, 09:31 PM
Kisses Hurricane & Matt!

Chumley's right - we women are as bad as you men and there's not a damned thing wrong with it. (I can see this one being moved to the Hooch) Thing is, with us women, it's not a good thing to kiss and tell. As soon as somebody comes down with the clap, it's always the WM's fault even though the guys are the ones that rode bare back. Fk the dumb$hit! I wasn't no Saint (imagine that!) but, I never put anything on film or audio tape so, it never happened. If I were to have a blast from my past, I would say it wasn't me. I already have to step to the side every time I open up a closet around here anyway (because of all the bones in them). And yeah, the ratio of men to women on some bases is 100 to 1 - I only wanted a few out of the 100. I left some for my Sisters. If we had had cell phones back then and some a$$hole decided to get sneaky and sneak a pic, he would have that cell phone taken from him and shoved up his a$$ sideways. What's he going to tell Medical happened? Nothing, he's going to tell them some stupid thing that only another male is going to understand. He's not going to say some WM was giving him oral sex and she took it from him and did it. They WILL believe that he was acting like a dumba$$ in his own room, walking around naked, maybe drunk and took a notion that he wanted to see what that cell phone would feel like shoved up his a$$ sideways.

Achped
09-18-08, 09:38 PM
Kim....umm.....

All that sounded eerily familiar. Almost like you were directing *all* of it toward me?...

mrmorency
09-18-08, 09:46 PM
hey ... uh... not to interrupt... But am I too sexy for this forum? Too sexy for this forum? So much, that it hurts?

Phantom Blooper
09-18-08, 10:06 PM
Your So Vain (Modified)

You walked into the party at leatherneck
Like you were walking onto a yacht
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
Your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye in the mirror
As you watched yourself gavotte
And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner
They'd be your partner, and

You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

You have had some dreams that there were clouds in your coffee
Clouds in your coffee, and

You're so vain
You're so vain
Don't you? Don't you?

<INSTRUMENTAL interlude>
Well, I hear your going to the island...4th Battalion
Just ask the WM DI's...."Hey girl..am I like wayyyy to pretty to be here?"
And call me ...cause I want to hear what they say....

You're so vain
You're so vain
Don't you? Don't you? Don't you?

<INSTRUMENTAL interlude>You're so vain
You're so vain
You're so vain

You're so vain (so vain)
Don't you? Don't you? Don't you?

Good luck....you will definitely need it come Tuesday morning the 23rd!:evilgrin:

LanceCriminal
09-18-08, 10:23 PM

I may get chewed for this....BUT you all may have taken her question too far out of perspective. Honestly she asked a legitamite quesiton. She just added all of that female bull**** that Marines do not exibit.

Your answer is YES. Ofcourse they do! Where don't females get treated differently. You will have to work harder for what you EARN (not given incase that is what you were asking) and anything with "hanging attacthments" will be on you like stink on ****. Thats the life of a WM. If you want to be part of my beloved Corps get use to it. Just work to be better than the bimbo in your unit and whatever you do...dont be that bimbo. MALE MARINES WILL TELL THERE BUDDIES!!! The first time you have sex with a male Marine all of his friends are going to know it. There are guys I will meet for the first time and they find out which barracks I live in and can tell me right away who the barracks ***** is. Just do yourself a favor and have pride in yourself and dont be that girl.

davblay
09-18-08, 10:47 PM

This is really a simple question actually! As Forrest Gump would say "pretty is as pretty does"! I know that sounds strange but it's the truth, if you think about it.

That's my 2 cents, NUFF SAID!

Good luck at Boot Camp Poolee,

Dave

Marine84
09-19-08, 08:02 AM
Matt, honey, it wasn't directed at you specifically - you think you're the only one to ever try that $h!t? LOL! I'm just saying that if anybody should try that with me - he'll be on light duty for a while and his walk will be a little different.

You told on yourself babe.....................dumbass! LOL! ;)

Chumley
09-19-08, 08:39 AM
Here's another twist of the subject...so far it's been about good looking women and Woman Marines, but how many doors open for males because maybe you are either good looking or just TALL. People who stand out from the crowd in any way are noticed. Beauty will make you get noticed, outstanding performance too, being loud or whiny ( the squeeky wheel ), a trouble maker or criminal, you name it. For men, competition is tougher, I think. I'm very average all the way around, except for the tri-pod. When I was on AD - issue (1) type Lance Hooyah, I was taking every Board I could get myself seated on, and I won all but two. A new Marine comes into my unit a year after I got there who is 6'6" tall. Great guy - great friend by the way - still AD and a CWO. My command - everyone noticed him instantly and knew his name. All of a sudden I got bumped for Corporal Boards, which he was put on and won too. Was he sh!t hot? - yes! Great Marine! But I had been doing all the right things too. So he enlisted a year after me, and picked up Corporal a year before I did. I'm not complaining here. It's interesting human psychology to me. The fact is those who stand out have an advantage in general - whatever the reason. Famous example - Chesty was a short stocky Marine. His appearance was no beauty queen, but he was barrel chested and his Marine Corps performance in battle was exemplary. He overcame all the odds and stepped forward every time and he was most successful using Attitude, Charisma, and Fortitude. I think he made ummmm Lt General!

Once you get into the limelight, however you do get there, it's what you do with that opportunity that will make you or break you. It seems you will actually be held to higher standards once you arrive, 'cause once you have everyone's attention, they will pick you apart - survival of the fittest. Since the Male/Female ratio in the USMC is so dramatically in favor of Males, Males are your biggest competition hands down. You will always have to work hard to stand out, and the Beauty Queens are only the smallest percent of your competitors, but they seem "entitled" to a head start. Women do have to work even harder. Us average type males need to be outstanding to excel. Humans are peculiar creatures.

C

MotherGoose
09-19-08, 08:47 AM
Excellent point Chumley.

AL49BGN
09-19-08, 09:42 AM
Good Luck!I see you are leaving on monday.

USMC3381
09-19-08, 10:36 AM
See that you are leaving Monday OOOHRAH. Well if you have any questions or anything I will be happy to help you out well good luck and stay motivated. The happiest day of your life will be when you get you EGA

E5NAMKROW
09-19-08, 03:39 PM
I am glad ALL of us are joined together. All of us. All. All. See also my post before grouping us ALL together. No chewing just facts. ALL indeed.

I may get chewed for this....BUT you all may have taken her question too far out of perspective. Honestly she asked a legitamite quesiton. She just added all of that female bull**** that Marines do not exibit.

Your answer is YES. Ofcourse they do! Where don't females get treated differently. You will have to work harder for what you EARN (not given incase that is what you were asking) and anything with "hanging attacthments" will be on you like stink on ****. Thats the life of a WM. If you want to be part of my beloved Corps get use to it. Just work to be better than the bimbo in your unit and whatever you do...dont be that bimbo. MALE MARINES WILL TELL THERE BUDDIES!!! The first time you have sex with a male Marine all of his friends are going to know it. There are guys I will meet for the first time and they find out which barracks I live in and can tell me right away who the barracks ***** is. Just do yourself a favor and have pride in yourself and dont be that girl.

LanceCriminal
09-19-08, 04:36 PM
I am glad ALL of us are joined together. All of us. All. All. See also my post before grouping us ALL together. No chewing just facts. ALL indeed.

My apologies I should have said some. It was just that most of the replys went straight to chewing her ass and not even answering her question.

Kegler300
09-19-08, 05:06 PM
There's nothing "prettier" than an angry Master Gunnery Sergeant! I used to see one in the mirror every day...

Fubar5812
09-19-08, 10:23 PM
idk...maybe its the MOS i have (MP) but i have only seen like,3 attractive female Marines,the rest (and there are quite a few) really are nothing up my alley.I view them as equals,besides the whole MCT "i wanna fall out of every hike" factor,they can do everything i can do,some even better.

now the airforce females around here...well we had a guy in my platoon get NJP'ed and on working parties for the rest of his weekend cause he got caught by the duty NCO making out with this chick...OUTSIDE THE DUTY HUT!!!! airforce females sure are perrttyyyyyy. :P

Isrowei
09-20-08, 09:09 PM
My apologies I should have said some. It was just that most of the replys went straight to chewing her ass and not even answering her question.

You know, it's been a long time since I was a Lance Corporal. Maybe some things have changed. But I doubt it.

When did "Am I too pretty to be a Marine?" become a legitimate question? Since when was the Marine Corps about a beauty contest?

WHEN!?

I'd surely like to know.

Please take this personal invitation to enlighten me. Or otherwise, shut your mouth.

Do not mistake this young woman's question as an attempt to jumpstart an objective discussion on views about Marine Corps culture with respect to women. It was not. It was a narcissistic attempt to gain flattery and self-gratifying adulation on the part of a very immature young person. Her last post on page 2 was a weak attempt to bridge to a different topic and deflect some responsibility for her initial post and only came AFTER several other Marines started moving toward the topic. Her 2nd to last post (also on page 2) is re-affirmation of her original intent. Furthermore, her removed picture album placed her in integrity and potentially legally compromising positions of clear underage drinking. And, it was only removed after I brought it to light and linked it to my post on the forums. I read that as another attempt to dodge responsibility for her earlier actions. Interestingly enough, it was not before her pictures were noticed and commented on by some of the Lance Corporals who were also among the first respondants in this thread.

I understand that Lance Corporals only look for a nice saturday night companion, but I place personal responsibility squarely ... back on each individual person.

Current active duty Lance Corporals... conduct yourselves in a manner befitting the title Marine and stop preying on poolees. You're here to give good advice, not get your d*ck wet.

Poolees, this forum is asking legitimate questions and gaining advice. Leave the Myspace drama... elsewhere. You should learn early on that the majority of Marines do not appreciate childishness and immaturity. When you become a Marine, you will be judged by what you say and do, and also on who you associate with. Marines like myself, in positions of assigning your Pro/Con marks, take these things into consideration. We will consider your whole person attitude and conduct. I will not recommend a Marine for promotion if he or she does not display maturity in both their personal and professional life. If you want to be a Marine, the time to being acting like a responsible, mature adult... is now.

If you're active duty and you have some gripe with my take on this, please contact me in PMs. I encourage you to. I'm pretty sure what I've stated follows EXACTLY in line with the stated purpose for this forum and the stated expected conduct of Marine members and poolees.

Yellowwing, if I am in error in any way, please let me know and I will adjust fire accordingly.

BR34
09-20-08, 09:30 PM
Current active duty Lance Corporals... conduct yourselves in a manner befitting the title Marine and stop preying on poolees. You're here to give good advice, not get your d*ck wet.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Sir. This place does tend to resemble a high school on occasions. Although I blame age more than rank, I think we all can take something from your post.

davblay
09-20-08, 11:45 PM
Hot Dam, LT......whew you really are a Marine LT aren't you? I am proud of your wording, they were all well placed!

Semper Fi,

Dave

thewookie
09-21-08, 12:13 AM
Nicely said, Sir. Roger that; shut this thread or crap down.

I hope her DI's wear her "pretty" azz out.

sparkie
09-21-08, 07:52 AM
Now, This Marine was pretty.
http://www.semperfidelisnoah.com/Lindas%20Webready%20photos/Chesty%20Puller%20Gazing.jpg

yellowwing
09-21-08, 08:40 AM
Good ending Sparkie!