PDA

View Full Version : POOL-ees and DEPers! ATTENTION ON DECK!

wrbones
05-21-03, 11:51 PM
&lt;B&gt;SOUND OFF. LOUD and CLEAR.&lt;/B&gt; <br />
<br />
Who's where, doin' what and why. I want to know who's on their way to recruit training and who's got how long til they ship. <br />
<br />
I lost track of all you flip...

03Infantry
05-22-03, 12:40 AM
Sir I have been here for about 4 months, and leave for bootcamp in 26 days

wrbones
05-22-03, 01:30 AM
Yeah, 03, I know yer outta here pretty directly. I need people like you to bring some of the FNG's up to speed if ya can. You guys get broke in and then go to MCRD on me! ;) It's the ****s tryin' to get the new guys broke in w/o a couple of you POOL-ees who've been around for awhile to help keep 'em lined out. They think I'm bein' mean when I tell 'em how to do it so they might learn somethin' and have a better chance of not fallin' out when they hit those yeller footprints.

03, have you got yer General Orders and that sorta thing memorized yet? If not, ya best get on it! How's yer IST doin'?

Just remember to take a couple days right before ya leave to get ahead on yer sleep. Yer gonna need it.

Patrick8605
05-22-03, 10:54 AM
I've been here for a couple of months. I'm not signed up yet because I'm still a sophomore, (eventhough I'm 17) but I read Marine info ALL THE TIME. Almost all of my favorites are Marine Corps websites.

wrbones
05-22-03, 11:57 AM
Patrick, you've got time to get yer **** together. Two years of studyin' about the Marine Corps, gettin' into good physical condition, and keepin' yer grades up at school.

There's a lot to learn and if yer dilligent you'll be so far ahead of everyone else when ya hit recruit training and then the fleet, it won't be funny. You have a helluva an opportunity here. I hope yer willin' to take advantage of it.

A good bit of what yer ever gonna need to know, or need to know about is posted on this site somewhere. You''ll convince us yer plumb serious by signin' the paperwork as soon as ya can and gettin'
ready to take the ASVAB. There's info on this site that'll help ya to pass that with flyin' colors as well.

If yer serious and wilin' to work at it, there's a helluva lot of resources to take advantage of here, including the almost overwhelming amount of knowledge and experience of leatherneck.com's members.

It's time to step up and see what yer made of.

Go for it, kid! We want you to succeed.

Bones

JChristin
05-22-03, 01:00 PM

25 days to go! How's your run time? Pushups? Pullups? General Orders? Bones is so right - start getting a lot of sleep, especially several days before shipping out - you will need it. Those first few days at basic are high stress related - as you have never encountered, under any conditions. Sleep becomes a luxury once you arrive at MCRD. Be prepared to go NOW! Oftentimes, slots open and the call could happen anytime. That is exactly what happend to me. I was given four hours to be ready. Within one hour - I was ready. Never regretted it.

Bet your father and grandfather are beeming with pride. They sure were at the rally. You will do fantastic at basic and do yourself and the Marine Corps proud. You've got what it takes to become a Marine. Your time to prove it is approaching. Are you ready for the challenge?

semper fi,
jchristin

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-22-03, 01:59 PM
Well Bones, I am far removed from being a poollee... but your post made me have to reply. I had MCRD flash backs.... hope you're not as big as my heavy was!!

wrbones
05-22-03, 02:39 PM
Naw, E4B, I'm only 6'6", 235 lbs. :D

03Infantry
05-22-03, 04:14 PM
My run is 11:30 on the 1.5 mile, 23 on the 3 mile SIR, since I leave to bootcamp soon I have been doing these really good workouts with my recruiters SIR. Yesterday we did 5 man pushups, pushups, lots of sprints, hello dollies with hands on the stomach, in the air, and behind our head. We also did scissor kicks and up downs. It felt so good afterwards. I am know up to 9 pullups and 104 crunches in two minutes. I have most everything memorized. I am looking forward too it, and am not nervous at all. I would be glad to help out with the fngs. I can't wait to go. 25 days. Thank you Marines (especially Sgt. Bones and Lance Corporal Christian) for all your help. I hope I have what it takes.

Sixguns
05-22-03, 04:14 PM
Bones,

I recently joined the DEP (Done Enough Pool) of former Marines. I am anxious to know what to expect from retirement and life outside the Corps. Can you please direct me t some books or web sites to help me prepare for retirement?? Thanks.

SF,

SIXGUNS

gatormatt
05-22-03, 07:16 PM
I leave for OCS on Saturday, I'm real excited. I've been tapering off my workouts so I'll be healed.
I just want to thank everyone for advice that they've put up on this board. I don't really ask many questions, but the input everyone puts on the board is very helpful.
I'm doing the two 6 week summer sessions of OCS, called PLC, so I'll be back on July 3. I'm sure the 4th of July will have a much deeper meaning when I return. Thanks again for everyones help, and I hope all the Poolees keep up the great work.

Matt

Sixguns
05-22-03, 07:29 PM
GatorMatt,

Please let me know if you get GySgt. Ellington as one of your DIs. She is a good friend of mine and an outstanding Marine.

SIXGUNS

greensideout
05-22-03, 07:46 PM
Sixguns,

Do they have female DIs for male Marines now?

Just wondering? Maybe I mis-understood this?

GSO

gatormatt
05-23-03, 12:07 AM
Sixguns,
It'll be about six weeks but I will get back to you on that sir.

Matt

wrbones
05-23-03, 12:13 AM
SixGuns, the worst thing that'll blow yer mind is wonderin' how in hell civilians get anything done! I've posted some things on another thread to better answer yer question, though,

aires808
05-23-03, 08:18 AM
Sir I have exactly one month until I leave, my ship date is June 23rd. I have been in DEP since July 10, 2002 almost a year now I feel as strong as ever that I made the right decision. I'll catch you on the flip side.Semper Fi!

Dan

firstsgtmike
05-23-03, 10:09 AM
gatormatt,

I've marked my calendar. I expect to see you back here by Monday the 7th of July to share your pearls of wisdom with the poolees.

If you plan on being an officer, here and now is a good place to demonstrate your leadership potential.

xero EvD
05-29-03, 09:42 AM
sir i ve been around for about 2months now and goin to boot on august 11 if i lose my weight

being fat sucks:mad:

J-Hack
05-29-03, 10:31 AM
Sir, I have been around for close to a year now and I feel I am very knowledgable about the corps but I am always willing to learn more, so if you have anything for me please feel free to e-mail me thank you.

"One team One fight"
J-Hack

Sixguns
05-29-03, 01:01 PM
XERO EVD:

If you lose the weight? WTFO?? You obligated yourself to service in the Corps. Don't you have the same sense of commitment to get within shipping stanards?? What type of nutrition and PT schedue are you on? You have weeks to get ready. How much weight have you dropped since Depping in? How far to go? How often do you weigh in at the recruiting office? Get back to me when you have all these answers.

SIXGUNS

03Infantry
05-29-03, 03:39 PM
2 weeks left and I'm gone to boot Sir.

DevilPup2004
05-29-03, 04:51 PM
Looks like I'm the lucky little bugger who has the longest to wait. It will be about 5 years before we'll learn if I've got what it takes to become a United States Marine. Geez. That sounds so long, but considering I've already waited 4 years...

I honestly don't remember how long I've been around this 'site, but I have been around at least military.com for a year. I also check out , and, obviously, this treasure trove of information. I don't know much, but I am interested in helping out where I can.

22DevilPup87
05-29-03, 09:00 PM
Jackie,
You and I have the same amount of time to wait. Don't feel alone, Sis. By this time next year I'll know if I was able to get into a service academy or earn an ROTC scholarship but even in those cases I'll have another four years of proving myself before anyone even considers calling me a United States Marine.

... just wanted to let you know you're not alone, Sis. I'll be waiting by your side for the day we can show the world what we've got and see if we have what it takes to earn the Title.

DevilPup2004
05-30-03, 07:11 AM
Jess,
In the words of SSgt Salyers, THAT'S MOTIVATIN'!

Hey, Sis, at least we know we want to be Marines. That puts us ahead of most of our peers, as far as plans for the future go. We've got a goal to work towards, and plenty of time to work on maxing the PFT and all sorts of other good stuff. :D

22DevilPup87
05-30-03, 07:53 AM
You've got that right, Sis!

03Infantry
05-31-03, 06:42 PM
how do you have five years Devilpup if you were born in 86? Just wondering because you are only a year younger then I am and I leave in 15 days.

wrbones
05-31-03, 07:59 PM
22devilpup87 is gonna have a go at bein' an officer. Come on, Matt, she as much as said so! You just get up from a nap or what! LOL.

Matt, if yer PT is good, ya might ease up a bit and rest some. Excercise enough to stay loose. Go over yer other stuff and try to memorize as much as ya can. The last day ot two before ya head out, ya oughta mebbe rest as much as ya can.

03Infantry
05-31-03, 10:23 PM
Ahh........I slept through everything, Just kidding. My recruiters said to stop heavy lifting........I do heavy weightlifting, they want me to get my rest. I have been studing anytime I can. I really think this site has helped me extremely prepare for bootcamp. I thank all you Marines who have helped me. I hope I have what it takes. I have to say you Sgt. Bones have really helped, even when you were riding me...........that prepared me the most.

wrbones
05-31-03, 10:51 PM
Compared to what's comin', 03, you'll think I was bein' easy!! LMAO.

You make sure ya give us the heads up the day before ya leave, and then ya make damn sure ya drop by when ya get yer Eagle Globe and Anchor and tell us all about it! Lately, I haven't heard too many of the new Marines tell the POOl-ees that we did them any good. Only thing ya see is that PFC avatar when they drop back by! LOL.

03Infantry
05-31-03, 11:17 PM
Haha

03Infantry
06-02-03, 07:23 PM
Brian, Soon2BkidTx should be coming back in about a month. I am so stoked. But it is going to be hot. I really hope I have what it takes, I will find out soon.

wrbones
06-02-03, 07:43 PM
We were pretty rough on him! I wonder how he feels now? LOL

03Infantry
06-03-03, 10:35 AM
Haha. I think he is doing good. He went down to Bootcamp with bad knees. I hope he is doing good. I have been resting a lot. I can't wait to go. It seems like I have been waiting forever.

tferg78
06-03-03, 11:27 AM
Sgt. WRBONES is realling giving you POOLees the know how to start boot camp on the best foot possible. I was lucky and not only read Sgt. WRBONES posts but I also had a motivated Force Recon Staff Sergeant. I was a squad leader at my station and ran a PT session 3 times a week. Every tuesday, thursday and Saturday, we would run 3 miles, do at least 75 of the daily 7, and do pull ups till we couldn't feel our arms. Talk to Marines to find out good ways to increase you physical agility.

Lcpl. G:marine:

Patrick8605
06-03-03, 03:07 PM
I thank Sgt. Bones for all of his wisdome that he shares with us. I also thank every Marine who inspires us Poolees to push ourselves to be like you!

wrbones
06-03-03, 06:23 PM
tferg,

Thanks, Marine.

Semper Fidelis.

POOL-ees, DEPers and wannabes,

We do what we can to help, and those who listen, study and learn, do well when they hit boot and the fleet. If ya ain't listenin', we're gonna be rough on ya til ya do! Personally, I ain't wastin' time on anything but the real deal here. If you ain't serious, I ain't messin' with ya. If you are serious, I'll do whatever it takes to get ya there from here, as will every other Marine on this site!

The ones who listen, learn and do, I'm their biggest cheerleader...but I ain't wavin' no pom-poms and you can get yer own damn mini-skirt!

Those who've listened and learned have done me and the Marine Corps proud. I'm proud of 'em. I wish I could do more, but the knowledge and experience on this site will do more for you throughout your career as a Marine than anything else anyone could ever do for you! You'll have advantages, especially early in your career, that others won't, if you take full advantage of the resources here.

As the former POOL-ees and now Marines who've tesified on this sirte when they get to an MCRD and then the fleet, they have everything the Marine Corps needs when they left this site to become a Marine. Others gave them personal attention once or twice a week, before recruit training, we gave them depth, knowledge, and the benefit of thousands of 'man-years' of experience on a daily basis. It shows, too. They earn earlier and regular promotions and leadership positions, and are given more responsibility than their fellow Marines!

We might know what we're doin', and we might be doin' somethin' right here. Pay attention. It's worth your while.

03Infantry
06-03-03, 10:00 PM
I am so glad I listened to you Sgt. Bones. I recomend it to all poolees and recruits. he may come off hard, but will teach you things you need to know before bootcamp, like respect. Thank you

wrbones
06-03-03, 10:27 PM
I ain't hard. You flip flops are soft! LMAO! ;) :banana:

Matt's down to countin' the days! Make sure ya drop back by after ya get yer own Eagle GLobe and Anchor and let us know if we really we done ya any good.

Patrick, make sure yer keepin' up on yer PT and studyin'.

Xero and you others, pay attention. Ya just might learn somethin' if ya ain't real careful!

There's over 250 threads in the POOL-ee forum alone!!! Read and heed, kids. Who knows, one day your life, the life of your squad, or gettin the mission done will depend on some little bit of info we've got posted here. Who knows. Ya might learn somethin' that will impress someone enough to get ya promoted! :D

03Infantry
06-03-03, 11:07 PM
Yes SIR!!!!!!!!!

JChristin
06-04-03, 02:06 AM
Hey 03,

Haven't been around much the last few days especially. Broke my left arm mountain biking into some railroad tracks, damaged the left knee a wee bit, and the left side of my face too. Difficult to type.

I just want all the poolees and all the others around here to know that you have what it takes to become a Marine. When you stood next to me a few months ago while I read a passage composed by our own Sgt. WRBones to a crowd estimated at 500 people in downtown Portland, I knew then that you had what it takes to earn our title. You will make us all proud, especially the United States Marine Corps.

When you stand in those famous footprints at MCRD you will be making your first moves towards fullfilling your dream of becoming a United States Marine.

Perhaps before you leave, you could share how long you have wanted to become a Marine, what you did to make that dream to become a reality, and how you decided upon which MOS (unlesss you're on Open Contract) to pursue and how that may become a reality.

Matt, I will be one of those in the "silent" benches praying for your successful finish of MCRD so upon your return to the wonderful Pacific Northwest, you'll arrive one of my brother Marines!

Before you leave - get some good sleep - it'll be worth gold to you later!

semper fi,
jchristin

firstsgtmike
06-04-03, 02:44 AM
NO!

To you, and to all of you.

When you Pass in Review on graduation day, look for me in the grandstands. I will be the one, standing tall, with tears of pride in his eyes, welcoming his replacements on board.

I represent a generation of Marines. We gave all we had to give, and now we pass the baton on to you.

We know that our time has passed, as your's will, when it is your turn to sit in the grandstands and welcome your replacements.

But until then, we know that you will do us proud, and add to the honor and glory of our Corps.

I promise you, in your darkest moments, when fear, pain or frustration seems to be getting the best of you, reach out. One of us will be there to take your hand, as ours were taken by Marines before us.

Reach out! I promise you, you will not live, die, or suffer alone.

Not as long as there is one Marine, still alive to carry on the tradition.

And at the end of the world, there will be a Marine who will turn out the lights, and say "Good Night, Chesty, Wherever You Are."

THAT is the meaning of Semper Fi!

Patrick8605
06-04-03, 06:43 AM
Motivation from the heart.

Thanks Firstsgtmike.

DevilPup2004
06-04-03, 07:54 AM
Dangit, First Sergeant and Lance Corporal! Y'all are makin' my eyeballs sweat!

Those are two of the most motivating posts I have ever read, and that's saying quite a bit. I've read many a post here and elsewhere about your Corps. Makes me want to run down to my RSS and sign the papers right now!

Thanks for the motivation. It may not sound like a long time to either of you, but 5 years sounds like practically an eternity to me. Motivation is a good thing while I wait an extended period of time to even see if I've got what it takes.

Thanks, again.

Patrick8605
06-04-03, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by DevilPup2004
Motivation is a good thing while I wait an extended period of time to even see if I've got what it takes.

Hey Devilpup. Don't think about "IF." Just know you can and you will. I put that into everything I do. I tell myself "I'm going to do this..." And I do it. If you think about "IF" your doubting yourself. Be positive and your results will be positive. ;)

03Infantry
06-04-03, 10:27 AM
I have wanted to be a Marine for as long as I could walk. Other kids played army, I played Marine. When I was 11 I was in Civil Air Patrol, and I told everyone I was going to be a Marine. To make that dream a reality I went down to the recruiting station the day I passed Junior year, I was the first person to join the dep. Since then I have been working out with the Marines nonstop, memorizing my white booklett, and telling everyone that says I can't do it, what they can kiss. I decide to go infantry. I donn't know why, I just felt that is what I wanted to do. My motivation at bootcamp will be my family, my friends, everyone at this site, and all those __________that said I couldn't do it. I think I answered all your questions mam.

Patrick8605
06-04-03, 12:02 PM
OOHRAHH!!! I'm in CAP and I have recieved some resentment for my decision to be a Marine too. Like you I have gave them the same answer. I'm working my butt off so I can graduate and enter boot camp by next year, somewhere around summer. I have to do school all this summer, but you gotta sacrifice to get where ya wanna go.

O3, I'm going infantry too!!! Mabey I'll see ya some day. Till then, Good times!!!

DevilPup2004
06-04-03, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Patrick8605

Hey Devilpup. Don't think about "IF." Just know you can and you will. I put that into everything I do. I tell myself "I'm going to do this..." And I do it. If you think about "IF" your doubting yourself. Be positive and your results will be positive. ;)
Allow me to clarify. I believe that I have what it takes to become a United States Marine, and I do not plan on stopping short. I'm confident that I will do it, because I intend to go in with a good attitude and give all that I am - and then some. But I also understand that it is not at all guaranteed that I will earn the Title. Other things, like injuries, may get in my way.

Believe me, if it's within my power to become a Marine, I will.

Patrick8605
06-04-03, 12:17 PM
Good to GO.

jenrmurray
06-06-03, 08:39 PM
Hi Bones! I have been MIA for at least a month now... I married my own Jarhead three weeks ago, so now I am finally resurfacing. My shipdate is November 15th, my MOS will be 5811. I am pushing my recruiters to dig up an earlier ship date for me; my husband is going to Kuwait in September, and I would love to be most of the way through MOS school by the time he leaves... and also, I am just tired of waiting for those yellow footprints! :)

Also- an update on JennyJake, incase you have not heard anything.. she is doing AWESOME. She is running First Class PFTs, she shot Sharpshooter on the range and her platoon is vying for Honor Platoon. If you want her address and don't already have it, message me and I will give it to you.

now I am off to *start* reading all the five million posts I missed while planning the wedding. :)

wrbones
06-07-03, 09:55 PM
Glad to hear what's goin' on. Looks like ya got things lined out after all, jenmurray. I was wonderin' what happened to ya.

Thanks fer the info on JennyJake, too. I appreciate it.

cg03
06-08-03, 01:31 PM
I am new on this forum. I've been a member of this site for a while, but I haven't posted anything until now. So, let me introduce myself. My name is Courtney Green, and I am a new DEPer ( I enlisted this past friday:) ). I am 17 ( I still have to finish highschool), and my ship date to Parris Island is May 31, 2004. My MOS as of right now is Air Delivery Specialist. that pretty much sums everything up. I'll be checking out this forum more, if y'all don't mind:D . see ya later.

wrbones
06-08-03, 01:46 PM
cg03,

Welcome to leatherneck.com! We figger it's the best Marine Corps site on the net fer some reason! Probably because it is! ;)

You've been readin' the posts in the POOL-ee Hall and Marine Mentor forums, so ya know the real deal here!

We've got plenty of time to **** with...I mean get ya ready fer recruit training!

Pay attention and you'll have the chance to be one of the best to hit those yeller footprints in May 2004.

Do some readin' and studyin' around here, work on yer PT daily and keep yer grades up at school.

Everything you need to know is posted here.

Ya got any questions or trouble gettin' around the site, ask.

Bones

jenrmurray
06-08-03, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by wrbones
Looks like ya got things lined out after all, jenmurray. I

Bones, as if there were ever any doubt! :D

wrbones
06-08-03, 10:14 PM
Honestly, when ya first hit the site, I had my doubts! But, step by step, ya did what ya had to do, and ya listened and asked the right questions, and then followed the advice of the Marines who offered suggestions!

Ya done good, kiddo! ;) I'm proud of ya.

You tell JennyJake I'm proud of her, too! Make sure she knows to stop by here and tell us all about it, will ya!

Yer turn's a comin'! I'm, sure you'll do us proud.

Bones

MRowan
06-09-03, 01:33 AM
Hello Everyone, I have introduced myself before, but it was awhile ago, and have not really been online since. My name is Mark Rowan. My count down to shiping is now 6 days! I have not Posted alot on this site, but I sure have read alot. I just wanted to take a quick second to say thanks to every Motivating Marine, And Poolee who has posted. I may not get back online before I ship so the next time you hear from me, I too Will be one of the Few, The Proud, A MARINE!! Thanks again for all the Motivating Words.

Semper Fi.
Mark.

wrbones
06-09-03, 01:36 AM
MRowan, make damn sure ya stop here after ya get outta boot and tell us how ya did and if we helped ya at all. We'll want to be among the first to call you, "MARINE!"

Good luck.

s.

Bones

Barry
06-09-03, 02:53 AM
Well I guess I'm the newest one here. Currently trying to get all of my papers in order before I go to MEPS. After everything is finished, PI will become home for a bit.
Looking foward to really "Earning" something, Army basic(camp snoopy, ft jackson) wasn't even a decent blister. In general I didn't get what I was expecting out of the army. So I want something better/harder.

Oh and I love the info I found on this site.

wrbones
06-09-03, 03:32 AM
Welcome aboard Barry. Don't take it too hard if we mess with ya a bit. Hell. Some of us even know folks in the Army! :D

Barry
06-09-03, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by wrbones
Hell. Some of us even know folks in the Army! :D

LOL

CPLRapoza
06-09-03, 04:30 AM
Well since everyone is introducing themselves I mine aswell do the same. My name is Cpl Todd Rapoza. Although I've been a Marine my whole life I've only claimed the title for a little over 2 1/2 yrs. My primary MOS is 03. ya just another grunt, but currently on the MSG program. I'm pretty P'd off for missing out on the action with my boys but the Marine Corps obviously needed me here or they would have answered all my requsts to go back to my old unit. Any questions you may have about the Corps or if you just want to talk drop me a line. Got to run, duty calls.

tferg78
06-09-03, 05:07 AM
Here goes nothing, Lance Corporal Gowdy, been in for one year, yes I am a boot, or a digi monster as my squad leader calls me. Went through MCRD San Diego, SOI and Security Force training company, I was meritoriously promoted to both PFC and Lance Corporal and won the motivator award. I'm and 03 with a secondary MOS. The Marine Corps is what you make of it, so don't cry, wine or act like your not going to volunteer for something.

cg03
06-09-03, 11:19 AM
thanks bones!

this seems like a pretty cool site with some good info on it. but I still haven't checked out everything. I have plenty of time before boot (a little over 11 months!) to prepare myself, but I can't do it alone. So thanks for the welcome and the advice. see ya later!

Patrick8605
06-09-03, 11:21 AM
You'll get a lot of advice from different people. This site is the best Marine site on the web. Everyone is willing to help you out if ya listen and pay attention.

wrbones
06-09-03, 01:24 PM
Corporal, Lance Corporal, your input is important around here. It kinda balances everything out and gives the POOL-ees and wannabes a better overall view of the Corps. I appreciate your help.

cg03, and the rest of you POOL-ees,

Just don't **** around or waste any time, and take full advantage of everything available to you here. tferg's a damn good example for you at this point. He didn't get to be so **** hot by bein' lazy. Keep in mind, that rank isn't what yer after. Do your job and do it better than anyone else. To do that, you need to know things. That means you work as hard at learnin' everything you can as you do at PT or anything else in the Corps. If you do that, the rank will follow.

Later on you'll learn that when an active duty Corporal or Lance Corporal offers you help and adivce, you'd better jump on it! If I were you and one of these Marines offered to help you, I'd be all over an offer like that. It's pure ****ing gold. His perspective is gonna be different than an officer's or senior SNCO's. Not better or worse, but different, and they'll be things you need to know.

s.Bones

BGMFH
06-09-03, 10:27 PM
SIRS! New Recruit on Deck! I'm dropping weight and pumping iron.

My recruiter has informed me that he considers me 2 inches shorter than I am, and that I have to make the weight for that height. I've got a 9:45mile and 60 crunchs in 2min. I can only pull 1 pullup currently, but a week ago I couldnt do that. I hope to leave for Parris Island Early September. I will hit Jax to DEP in by the end of July, or as soon as I can do 5 pullups, which ever comes first.

FNG signing off.

wrbones
06-09-03, 10:33 PM
BGMFH, Look the POOL-ee Hall and Marine Mentor forums over very closely. The PT and diet regimes that you need are posted there. There's also more info there for yer use than you know how to ask questions about! Read, heed and study, then PT every day and you should be ok by September.

Once ya read the POOL-ee Hall, if ya have any questions, ask. We're here to help, but ya gotta work for it. We can't do it for you.

s.

Bones

DevilPup_2003
06-10-03, 02:31 PM
Well, Sir, here's the rundown. I've been in the D.E.P. for about 8 months and I've got 3 months to go before I ship out. My ship date is set about Sept. 8, and I know it seems a little long to wait, but I really wanted to be able to spend my last summer getting ready for what I expect to be one of the biggest tests of my mental and physical strength that I will have encountered thus far. Also, I want my last summer to hang out with old friends and such. I've spent a lot of time on about.com looking through all they have to offer for info. Recently I ran across this site and was very impressed with all it has to offer. I'm at about 12:30 for my 1.5 mile, but I'm planning on really getting down and working on my running. I average about 7 pull-ups and 65-70 crunches in 2min. I've been reviewing my knowledge off and on. Pretty much I'm doing all I should....just no where near enough of it. I have a membership at the local gym, but have yet to use it. I suppose I'm just waiting for something to motivate me...although I'm pretty sure in the end I'll just have to do it whether I have anything pushing me or not. I don't have an M.O.S. locked in yet, but I've been looking through those with my recruiter, GySgt. Summy. I plan on having one locked by the end of the month. Well, that's all I've got for now I suppose. You guys are doing a great thing on this website, and many thanks to you for all of it.

ugly_angel362
06-10-03, 03:36 PM
i myself am a fresh boot. just graduated boot camp in december of 2002. i can honestly say that when i discovered this site i was amazed. because here are a bunch of marines listening to one another and giving each other advice. i visit this site atleast once a day just to get the feed back. and i will continue to visit it until i am no longer a marine. which doens't look to be coming any time soon.

Semper Fi

garryh123
06-10-03, 04:01 PM
and i will continue to visit it until i am no longer a marine. which doens't look to be coming any time soon.

No longer a Marine! ugly_angel362 You are and always will be a Marine!

Phil
06-10-03, 04:58 PM
Maybe she was talking about her death. Nope, even then you're a Marine. Spending eternity on guard duty!:marine:

ugly_angel362
06-10-03, 05:43 PM
i will be a marine until we cease to walk the earth. (never gonna happen.)

Patrick8605
06-10-03, 05:47 PM
I agree. Marines never die, they live on FOREVER!!!!

Phil
06-10-03, 06:04 PM
Oohrah!!

DevilPup2004
06-11-03, 09:53 AM
Marines don't die. They fall back and regroup. :D