PDA

View Full Version : Mst/Gunnery Sgt. Charles L. Hampson

olehoss
09-12-08, 11:16 AM
This is my Uncle who past away Sept 9. 28 year Marine vet. He fought against cancer but it finally won. My first hero.:flag:

thedrifter
09-12-08, 11:20 AM
My Deepest Sympathy and Condolences for the Family and Friends....

Rest in Peace

When we have done all the work we were sent to Earth to do, We are allowed to shed our body, which imprisons our soul like a cocoon encloses the future butterfly;
And when the time is right, we can let go of it and we will be free of pain, free of fears and worries, free as a very beautiful butterfly returning home to God.

God Bless

Ellie

Ed Palmer
09-12-08, 11:28 AM
Hampson, Charles L.

NEWNAN, Ga. — Charles L. Hampson, age 77, passed away at 7:50 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2008, at his home following a long illness. Mr. Hampson was born Dec. 22, 1930, in Galena, Kan. His parents were Revis Leonard and Eathel Faye (Dobson) Hampson. He had lived in Newnan for the past six years, moving from Joplin, Mo. He retired with 20 years of service from the U.S. Marine Corp in 1968, as a master sergeant. He was a veteran of the Korean War and the Vietnam War. He received the Navy Commendation Medal in 1967. Charlie then began working in the trucking industry retiring in 1997. He was an auxiliary policeman from 1976 to 1979. In 1977, he acquired a law enforcement degree from MSSU, Joplin. He was a member of the United Methodist Church, Newnan. He was also a member of the VFW, Galena, and the Galena Mason Lodge No. 194, Galena. He was married to Sharon Kay Whitt on Nov. 15, 1973, in Galena. She survives. Additional survivors include five children, Randy, Bellview, Wash., Damon, Okinawa, Japan, Pamela, Newnan, and Diana, Joplin; one sister, Florence Kitch, Galena; nine grandchildren; one great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by two sisters, Margaret Christman and Maxine Poteet. Masonic services will be at 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 14, at Derfelt Funeral Home, Galena. The family will receive friends following the service until 6 p.m. Military graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15, at Oak Hill Cemetery, Galena. Dr. Chris Christman will be the eulogist.

olehoss
09-12-08, 11:41 AM
Thank You for your reply, He was A Marines Marine.

OLE SARG
09-12-08, 01:04 PM
May he rest in peace.

God bless!!!

SEMPER FI,

ecfree
09-12-08, 01:24 PM
God Bless His Soul

Mikewebe
09-18-08, 10:57 PM
This is my Uncle who past away Sept 9. 28 year Marine vet. He fought against cancer but it finally won. My first hero.:flag:

No he won. He is now with St. Peter and my namesake St. Michael.

I lost my mom when she was 48. It was tough, but since I believe in something better afterwords, I think he went somewhere better.

Semper Fi sir and rest well

LanceCriminal
09-19-08, 12:34 AM
No he won. He is now with St. Peter and my namesake St. Michael.

I lost my mom when she was 48. It was tough, but since I believe in something better afterwords, I think he went somewhere better.

Semper Fi sir and rest well

Orrahh to that! My Aunt passed away from cancer a few years ago so I know how you must feel. But like Mike said. He is in a better place now. Telling bootcamp stories with Dan Daly and Chesty....who could ask for more?

S/F Brother, Rest In Peace