View Full Version : 02 Sep MCRDSD

pilot37
08-31-08, 04:12 PM
Who's leaving for the depot this week?

H Co. 2 Btn. SOUND OFF!!!

James Wright 03xx contract PFC

Mikewebe
08-31-08, 04:15 PM
Lol not me but all the best of luck to ya. Guaranteed 03 huh, good job you will love it(most times). take care

Kylef4i
08-31-08, 04:47 PM
I leave for MCRD Parris Island on the 2nd. I'm going infantry as well. Best of luck.:evilgrin:

-Kyle

Achped
08-31-08, 04:50 PM
boot is easy, ITB will kill both of you.

BR34
08-31-08, 05:00 PM
Yea, they'll be at ITB in Jan./Feb. That's gonna suck BIG TIME! Pack your long johns boys!

Achped
08-31-08, 05:17 PM
Especially the home boy going east coast...I'm from Florida, so I'm not familiar to cold at all. And I know NC winters aren't brutal like they are in places like Chicago or Buffalo, but it was still no walk in the park especially when you're outside 24 hours a day for 5 days straight. Especially before hikes, when they would make sure you didnt have any warming layers on. And then it would be like 38 degrees and rain, cold enough so you'd have frost on your weapon but not cold enough to snow, so it would just soak you. Then you'd be in mud and it'd get in your boots and your toes would turn into mashed potatoes...it didnt hurt though, below your knees and elbows were too numb to feel anything. Then you'd go to sleep, wake up in the morning, and put on freezing cold, soaking wet boots for the rest of the week you were out there.

Ohhhh they're gonna have a blast...but I'm thinking too far ahead, they've gotta make it past DIs first. :-D

BR34
08-31-08, 07:51 PM
LMAO, thanks for all those nasty memories. You forgot one important part though, sleeping...err, trying to sleep in those damn hangers and hooches, while it's 15 degrees outside, and 25 degrees inside.

Only time in my life I was glad another man was so close to me, breathing hot ass breath on me, keeping me a little bit warmer.

"Sleep in your poncho liner and sleeping bag, Marines"...great, now I'm cold as **** AND sweaty, thanks Combat Instructors, great advice!

Marine84
08-31-08, 08:17 PM
Good luck............hahaha...............you'll need it.

Majesty305
09-01-08, 12:08 AM
I leave for MCRD Parris Island on the 2nd. I'm going infantry as well. Best of luck.:evilgrin:

-Kyle

GANGSTA MEE TOOO!!!!!

Majesty305
09-01-08, 12:11 AM
I just read everyones thing with ITB...

damn

Achped i'm from florida as well, where its summer 24/7 lol.
ITB will be fun :D