PDA

View Full Version : True or False poolees

Achped
08-29-08, 07:25 PM
In the 3rd fiscal quarter of 2008 more Marines and sailors were killed in automobile accidents than combat deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

Hologram
08-30-08, 12:04 AM
True

jeffsnff89
08-30-08, 12:48 AM
True

Achped
08-30-08, 02:33 AM
Correct, now you all can go do 40 pullups and 200 pushups each!

29 Marines have died in combat since Oct 1 2008 in Iraq and 18 in Afghanistan.

21 Marines alone have died in motorcycle accidents in that time period.

You can view that in two ways, that Marines tend to be idiots in vehicles, drive drunk, dont use seatbelts, etc, or that deaths in both countries are down tremendously.

I thought that was pretty interesting...

DGardner
08-30-08, 03:03 AM
Achped: Just curious... whats the total number for automobiles...

Achped
08-30-08, 03:37 AM
I dont have the answer to that off the top of my head, but there is a graph showing 6 just in the first 101 days of summer.

Oh, to clarify, this goes back to all of fiscal year of 2008, not just 3rd quarter.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-30-08, 08:47 AM
October 1 2008? So 21 Marines died in motorcycle crashes in the future??

Honestly, I am guessing this is a part of the safety stand down. Probably something that should have happened long ago.

Integrity57
08-30-08, 09:53 AM
You can view that in two ways, that Marines tend to be idiots in vehicles, drive drunk, dont use seatbelts, etc, or that deaths in both countries are down tremendously.

Boot, Airwinger Marines have ****ed up so badly down in Pensacola, no Marine is allowed to have overnight liberty on the weekends. Hell, we had a Sailor from my barracks straight up disappear, like off the face of the earth, no one is sure if he ran off to Mexico or drown in the rip-tide. But because of that and his friends letting him drink underage, then wander off on his own to swim while drunk, we had a buddy system imposed on us for over a month, couldn't leave the barracks to eat chow without signing out with a buddy. That was rediculous, and it made it hard to get everyday **** done like dry cleaning, grocerys, that sort of thing. But the Poolees need to pay attention to this ****, you'll have it drilled into your head anyway, but when you do some dumb **** and **** up, you're not just screwing yourself, you're screwing the guy standing on your left and the guy standing on your right.

Achped
08-30-08, 01:55 PM
October 1 2008? So 21 Marines died in motorcycle crashes in the future??

Honestly, I am guessing this is a part of the safety stand down. Probably something that should have happened long ago.

Sorry, FY 08, Oct 1 2007 - present. :sick:

Yeah, safety stand downs...they tend to make you WANT to crash your car, but the numbers are pretty crazy. The US Military loses a battalion's worth of servicemen each year to car accidents.

Fubar5812
08-30-08, 07:38 PM
yea we had that one too,4 hours long!!

the statistics are very troubling though.i'll whoop the ass of a marine before letting him drive while drunk.

Mikewebe
08-30-08, 08:08 PM
We had a SgtMaj killed 2 weeks before his retirement by a recent SOI Lcpl

Allen870922
08-31-08, 02:33 AM
My Battalion recently lost a Marine due to a motorcycle accident. Some guy pulled out infront of him... Even worse, his folks were following in a car a few cars behind him.

Covey_Rider
09-02-08, 05:17 AM
Boot, Airwinger Marines have ****ed up so badly down in Pensacola, no Marine is allowed to have overnight liberty on the weekends. Hell, we had a Sailor from my barracks straight up disappear, like off the face of the earth, no one is sure if he ran off to Mexico or drown in the rip-tide. But because of that and his friends letting him drink underage, then wander off on his own to swim while drunk, we had a buddy system imposed on us for over a month, couldn't leave the barracks to eat chow without signing out with a buddy. That was rediculous, and it made it hard to get everyday **** done like dry cleaning, grocerys, that sort of thing. But the Poolees need to pay attention to this ****, you'll have it drilled into your head anyway, but when you do some dumb **** and **** up, you're not just screwing yourself, you're screwing the guy standing on your left and the guy standing on your right.

Yeah yeah yeah....Welcome to life in Okinawa for the past year and a half that I've been here. Cry me a river hahaha. I can't WAIT to get to the states.

Achped
09-02-08, 10:40 AM
Covey I hate you....all them damn WMs over there, you have it so lucky.