PDA

View Full Version : Progress

Cjcruzi3
08-17-08, 10:20 PM
So I was PTing today at Poolee Function and I found something that motivated me. Seeing all the other Poolees progression. Watching them go from 1 pullup to 4. From not being able to run the 1 1/2 Mile to being able to run it in 8...etc. So I thought maybe this would be cool for us to do as motivation for eachother. Posting how we are progressing on a weekly basis and hopefully getting more motivated by the other Poolees. We can do this up until the day we leave for Basic.

For instance I will start:
6 Weeks remaing
Pullups-3
Crunches-143
1 1/2 Mile Run-10:30
Weight-220
Height-70 inches

Lets see if this catches on and we can help motivate eachother.

Achped
08-17-08, 10:29 PM
Poolees, I would just like to point out, that unless you can do 20 pullups and 100 crunches, do not do over. i.e. if you can do 20 pullups but only 60 crunches/100 crunches but only 15 pullups, dont do 143 crunches in boot. You will only be wasting energy for the run.

However if you have a shot at ironman, max out on everything obviously.

JdnSmith
08-17-08, 10:30 PM
We can do this up until the day we leave for Basic.

We go to basic? Is that before or after BOOTCAMP?

Cjcruzi3
08-17-08, 10:33 PM
Im sorry by Basic I meant Basic Training I.E. Boot Camp. I will fix it.

Do-Or-Die
08-17-08, 10:40 PM
Dang, I need to work on my crunches.

josephd
08-17-08, 10:52 PM
Dang, I need to work on my crunches.

me also!

I can bust out 20 pullups, 50 pushups, and a 20m three mile run with no problems. Its the crunches that kill me

But yes there is a few kids in DEP with me that i have watched progress over the last month or so and it is motivation for me also to keep it going

Hologram
08-18-08, 01:02 AM
A few days ago during my workout it was incredibly motivating. For starters, I hadn't been able to workout for a good 2/3 of a month because of work (I know what you're thinking, do it before or after, but it was literally 5 days a week, from 0800 to 2100, so on my off time, I just wanted to rest. Catering sucks.). So when I was finally able to get up and do a PFT, I barely passed. I ran in 28 minutes after being able to do the run in 25 3/4 minutes the previous time I did the PFT, and there was absolutely no improvement in any other category, despite my putting a pull up bar in my room and pumping out a max set as often as possible.

But anyway, it was hella demoralizing and it made me think that I had just wasted the previous month's rigorous workout and I would have to start from scratch. So, two days later, I decided that I needed to get started again and do another workout to make up for lost time. When I got to the gym (I run there, btw. That's how I get my 3 miles in. It even has lots of hills, so I know it'll do a much better job than a treadmill will) I stopped my stopwatch, took a look at my stopwatch and it said 24 minutes! Yes, I know it's still a bad time, but after the previous run and after only doing a three mile run 5 times before, I'd say it's a pretty great time. It was so motivating, that I let out a huge Oohrah! (Yeah, sorry, I know it's against the rules, but I couldn't help it) right in front of everyone there in the outside pool. Someone even said bless you, which led me to give out another. And to make a longer story short, I increased my pull ups by one, and took my crunches from 62 to 73. And to make a good day even better, when I entered all of that in to find out my total score, it put me over the top to a 2nd class PFT, after being stuck in 3rd class forever.

So anyway, here's my current PFT:
Run: 24:00
Pull ups: 10
Crunches: 73
Score: 187

PhantomLord
08-18-08, 03:05 PM
I just did my monday training.

I have to do my normal PT for military plus my 30 day crunch time to my Sept. Tri.

Pull ups: 21
Crunches: 85
Run 5K: 21:10

Plus,

.6 mile open water swim
3 sets of max squats
3 sets of max push ups
3 sets of 30 minute jump roping.

Thats my monday after noon training schedule. It rotates on an even/odd basis.

When I first started training about 6 months ago for military, I was at

Pull ups: 6
Crunches: 45
Run 5K: 23:24

It took me about a month of solid training and sticking to my schedule no matter what to finally see results but when I did, holy hell was that some motivation.

coltie52
08-18-08, 11:25 PM
Yeah I leave in a little less then 6 weeks and I have a 11:12 mile and a half and a 24:44 3mile, and on my last IST I got 92 crunches and I'm up to 9 pullups.
But I will redo everything that I have now because I know I can do a lot better then this.