PDA

View Full Version : Replacing destroyed uniforms

dpawson
08-17-08, 08:17 PM
I did a search and found nothing, here's my problem. In 98 my mobile home was destroyed in a storm. By the time I could get back in there all my dress uniforms were so molded and tore up I couldn't save them. I got out in 91 after the Gulf to raise my kids. Wife swooped in 88 and my folks took them so I could finish my tour. I've looked all around and can't find a place to get new ones. All I'm really looking for is a set of Blues and Summer Alpha's. I don't want some after market junk.

Petz
08-17-08, 08:38 PM
https://www.nexnet.nexweb.org/pls/nexauth/nexauth.wg_login_proc?p_app_id=9021

dpawson
08-18-08, 02:50 PM
Tried the link and can't log in. Don't meet the requirements to log into Naval Exchange. Not retired, just got out. Honorably of course. I'll keep looking around.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-01-08, 06:35 AM
Truth be told, ebay is probably your best bet overall. While the uniforms may not be 'mint, unissued', they still have some good stuff on there from time to time. Searching using the terms "USMC Uniforms" or something along those lines, will yield some good results.

Your only other realistic option is to hit the local thrift stores and things like that...but more than likely you'll be getting more 'junk' than you want.

Javier1373
09-03-08, 11:48 PM
Let us know what you come up with. My ex wife "misplaced" my uniforms and I would like to replace them. When my 3 year old son grows up I want to pass them on to him.

Petz
09-04-08, 09:41 AM
you can always goto grunt.com and buy them for him now in tike sizes... they're cool.

Sheila Hays
10-12-08, 12:21 AM
After my divorce, my ex,(Marine Lcp), kept everything I don't even have my cover. Just the meanest thing a person can do. He even kept my duffle bag. %#@*%. LadyM59 Semper Fi LadyM59

Petz
10-12-08, 12:22 AM
that sucks.

Sheila Hays
10-12-08, 05:33 PM
The most important item a Woman Marine wants to keep is her cover, and her EGA. I might be able to recover a cover, but I have my doubts. I do have my dogtags, just one. Isn't love grand. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Sgt Leprechaun
10-13-08, 08:19 AM
That truly sucks.