PDA

View Full Version : New Marine Mom

aud
05-17-03, 06:09 PM
Greetings... New to the forum... my baby boy will graduating from bootcamp a week from today!! My husband and I are planning to make the trip to Parris Island to see him. I hear it will be a trip of a lifetime!!!
Aud :)

Kalbo
05-17-03, 07:51 PM
Dear Aud,

Congradulations on your son and welcome to Leatherneck.com.
Most of the regulars are at the Leatherneck.com reunion. It's only us house mouses around (lol). I'm glad you will be attending your son's graduation, it's not only a great accomplishment for him, but you and your as well. I was so glad my family came to my graduation, it was a really proud day for me. Again, welcome!!

Bill "Kalbo" Long

wrbones
05-17-03, 10:33 PM
Welcome aboard, Mom! Yep, you'll never forget the trip to PI. It's a different world. Go on the tour if they'll let ya! ;)

I will guarantee yer kid will never forget you bein' there when he graduates from recruit training. Take a lots of film/discs fer yer camera! Go ahead and let him introduce you to everyone he wants! It's his day after all, and those Marines are his brothers! You'll have lots of new family members to worry about now! LOL. :D

aud
05-18-03, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome... We will be there for Family Day as well. My son tells me in his letters that everyone feels like family to him now. I am so happy for him and so proud of him as well.
Aud

wrbones
05-18-03, 12:41 AM
aud

If ya wanta get a better idea of what he's gone through or gonna go through, there's a lot of info 'archived' under the POOL-ee Hall and Marine Mentor forums that'll give ya more info than ya thought possible, lots of links and even a few things fer family members of Marines. There are thousands of stories about the Marine Corps told here, and many of the men and women who have lived the history and legends of the Corps have shared there insight and experiences on this site. Ya found a good place to visit. I hope ya stick around.

In addition, there are several websites exclusively for Marine Moms and wives out there on the net.

You just make sure ya keep comin' back here is all! ;) We'll take care of ya best we can!

Make sure ya keep us updated on yer boy . Ya never know. There may be a Marine on this site who'll be stationed with him here or there. Hell, we got people on the site who know someone just about anywhere he'll be stationed!! LOL.

Bones.

aud
05-18-03, 12:46 AM
Thanks Bones… will do…
Aud

Super Dave
05-19-03, 11:11 AM
Congrats, it is a great feeling. I graduated November 19, 1982, my daughter graduated April 11, 2003. It will be a day neither you or your son will ever forget. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Even after all these years, more than i'd like to mention, I still remember my DI's and would know their voice in a heartbeat. Enjoy your trip and your new Marine.