PDA

View Full Version : While their fresh in my head....

Bonzack
08-12-08, 04:06 PM
http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/training/matrix/index.asp
I've been browsing through this matrix, and I've discovered that theres a lot of dental check ups throughout all 3 phases.
I can't help but think, "Well...those Marines are dental freaks."
During team week it says you go to the dentist 4 days out of the 5.
Are healthy teeth REALLY that important?
Is it mandetory (spelling?) to go every single time?
Also, for the Pugil sticks when do you stop hitting the recruit in front of you? Do you have to hit them in the head or something?
Are there 2 different obstacle courses? It says theres obstacle courses then theres confidence courses?

Sorry for all the questions. I can never think of any so when I finally do...they just kinda..fall out every which way. Also...the search thing isnt working for me at the moment.

bgsuwoody
08-12-08, 04:14 PM
These are actually possible dental days. You have an initial checkup and if you need work done, one of those days will be selected. I know that I spent one day there and a 1 day during team week and one day during grad week.

Next with pugil sticks you stop hitting when you are told to stop...or are stopped lol. Just use the techniques and go until that whistle blows?

The internet can show you the difference between a confidence course and the obstacle course. The obstacle course is smaller and based on speed on basic obstacles, while the confidence course is larger and based on gaining confidence on heights and teamwork etc. Lots of good events there lol.

Bonzack
08-12-08, 04:18 PM
Thank you!
I guess it's time to stare at my computer screen while googling the various courses.

Brewer0311
08-12-08, 05:00 PM
With pugil sticks... Make sure you keep swinging until you get that "killing blow". Knock out a mouth piece and get a phone call home. Don't count on it for sure though. My buddy knocked a guy's mouthpiece out. His Kill hat was on duty that night. The SDI told him to make the call during square away time. It didn't happen haha.

Bonzack
08-12-08, 05:41 PM
The pugil sticks look like so much fun, just to take the aggression out, seems like it would be a little bit of relief.

jackson07
08-12-08, 06:22 PM
With pugil sticks... Make sure you keep swinging until you get that "killing blow". Knock out a mouth piece and get a phone call home. Don't count on it for sure though. My buddy knocked a guy's mouthpiece out. His Kill hat was on duty that night. The SDI told him to make the call during square away time. It didn't happen haha.

Ha We had to knock a kid out cold. That didn't happen.

Do-Or-Die
08-12-08, 10:11 PM
"Knock out a mouth piece and get a phone call home. "

Is that a good call home? Haha

ItzAlex
08-12-08, 10:23 PM
Thats a blessing to get a call home. Our SDI even put a mouthpiece on the motable with the recruit's name on it everytime someone knocks out a mouth piece. I think we had 3 in total.