PDA

View Full Version : Pcp

Firefox
08-07-08, 01:05 AM
Well I am fairly certain that I will be going to PCP for running and possibly crunches. I know I should be able to pass everything with the amount of time I had in the DEP but I have no excuse. I was just wondering if I can get out of PCP quickly enough could I return to the Platoon I would have been in had I not gone to PCP?

Petz
08-07-08, 01:08 AM
no, once in pork chop platoon, you will never see those guys again.. the earliest you can start depends on when the next battalion picks up another company... sometimes they skip a few weeks for holidays.

Firefox
08-07-08, 01:12 AM
Thankyou Staff Sergeant for the prompt answer I guess I'll just have to hope I pass everything on the first go. I will have it known however that I will push my hardest during the IST.

Petz
08-07-08, 01:17 AM
I helped a fellow recruit with his crunches... he did 26 but I counted the min (at the time) of 44... he ended up being our high PFTer!!! I'm so proud, cause they would have dropped him since he didn't do enough pull-ups (they still took him though) but I'm sure they would have sent him to PCP if he failed more than one.

Oh and your DIs will be watching you!!!

Firefox
08-07-08, 01:19 AM
Thank you Staff Sergeant that was pretty moto. I will do my best to make you proud.

Petz
08-07-08, 01:21 AM
then give me your house... is it a good view of seattle? my wife wants to move there for ichiro... you know... the Mariners....

Firefox
08-07-08, 01:23 AM
Lol sorry but I live in an apartment building and no it has absolutely no view at all. Yes I know Ichiro to bad the Mariners are the worst team in the league right now.

Petz
08-07-08, 01:25 AM
yes well the Tigers haven't done so well this year either.... but if it's a free place to stay, I'm there. just clean up before you go.

Firefox
08-07-08, 01:27 AM
I live with my Mother sorry.

Petz
08-07-08, 01:30 AM
tell her to get a new place.... I'll give her 20 dollars for food.... deal?!

haha, well it was worth a shot.

Firefox
08-07-08, 01:31 AM
lol I don't think that would work SSgt.

temarti
08-08-08, 11:27 AM
my wife wants to move there for ichiro... you know... the Mariners....

Ditto, my wife has an Ichiro Ty Beanie bear thing...

Firefox, I was in you situation in 91, I did go to PI knowing that PCP was right after receiving, I think if you know that up front then it is mentally not as hard. What I saw was the mental stress of the ones that were there that dropped and realized they were not graduating with their original platoon. It was an extra month on the island for me, it worked out once I was in a platoon I was 110% ready. The last PFT I ran an 18:36 and there after stayed arond 20-21. My last weigh in was 156 compared to 215 arriving on the island.

Now that I am thinking about it I need that weight loss plan again....

Firefox
08-08-08, 11:50 AM
Thank you Cpl. that makes things a bit more bareable.

ForeverChanged
08-08-08, 11:58 AM
Firefox, take some advice man. Bust your butt right now, so the kind Drill Instructors don't have to do it for you. Instead of partying your last few days of being a civilian away, spend them RUNNING. You can do a 13:30 easy, everyone knows it, cept' for you apparently.

Go to MCRD with some friggin' confidence. From what I have been told the PCP is for the people that don't want it bad enough, or got put in there for medical purposes (got hurt and are being recycled etc.), and the morale in the PCP is not at the highest of levels. Thats not a situation you want to get put in if you don't HAVE to be put there.

Get outside and run man, I'll even do an extra mile for you tonight, as long as you promise to match it!

sscjoe
08-08-08, 02:03 PM
I've said this many times before, I went to boot camp 40 lbs over weight and did not get PCP.( At that time no IST before boot). The IST ws done during wk 1 and I passed eveything(barely).Your DIs will notice if you have or don't have the motovation and go from there. Stop worrying about such things and start getting ready both physically and just as important-- mentally. Thinking you are going to PCP is not that the state of mind you want to be in cause you will fail. Heed Future Poolee's advice, he is wise beyond his years.

temarti
08-08-08, 02:29 PM
Future Poolee is right about busting your butt now, however I have to disagree with what you have heard about confidence, in no way is PCP a confidence booster or a system designed for ones with no confidence. You can be a recruit from the beginning with no confidence, they are not going to send you to PCP for that. For my case I was hurried in and chose to start out there, it was no problem I knew what I had to do and did it. While in PCP I did not see anyone there who stated they could not do it or not give their all to succeed. The goal was to get whiped fast and move on to be a Marine.

Now, by no means am I promoting PCP, it sucked and if I had to do it again I would have not chosen to go straight to the platoon. Firefox you are capable of doing more than you think you can, like sscjoe stated have the mindset that you are not going to PCP and carry on...

onux16
08-10-08, 11:20 AM
I was dropped to MRP for a month and a half, and I got to see and work with PCP guys all the time (MRP and PCP are different platoons in the same company). They are constantly doing b- work (working parties!) and are always seemingly unmotivated. PCP is not the place you want to be.

You need to tell yourself that PCP will not be an option, and then ensure it won't. Do I make myself clear?