PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

SuzySemperFi
08-05-08, 09:00 AM
First off, I apologize for having "Semper Fi" in my username. I hadn't read anything on the site before I signed up and I admit my folly.

At the moment I have a benign tumor the size of a penny or a nickel in my breast. I'm not currently enlisted in any program because I lack parental consent to enlist. I plan on enlisting next year after I turn 18.

If I were enlisted now, how long would I have to wait after the surgery to get the tumor removed to be able to ship? The recruiter explained it in a confusing way so I'm still kind of "ahh!" over it.

Chumley
08-05-08, 09:17 AM
First off, I apologize for having "Semper Fi" in my username. I hadn't read anything on the site before I signed up and I admit my folly.

At the moment I have a benign tumor the size of a penny or a nickel in my breast. I'm not currently enlisted in any program because I lack parental consent to enlist. I plan on enlisting next year after I turn 18.

If I were enlisted now, how long would I have to wait after the surgery to get the tumor removed to be able to ship? The recruiter explained it in a confusing way so I'm still kind of "ahh!" over it.

Sorry to hear about it!! I suggest that once you are fully diagnosed, treated, and healed, the MEPS doctors will have the final say. I'd expect you will get more precise answers from MEPS. You may have to get your Dr and the MEPS Dr together to get cleared for Boot.

Good luck to you!!!
C

slimmy07
08-05-08, 11:10 AM
I would kepp ALL your medical documents. Make copies if you have to because the MEPS doctors will want to see them. I think for your condition its a 6 month wait AFTER the surgery. Dont quote me on that, but I think it is 6 months.

SuzySemperFi
08-05-08, 08:03 PM
Ah sh-t! If MEPS and my doc get together, I'm SCREWED! I had childhood asthma and although I haven't had any problems with it since I was 7, I was on medication up until 2 years ago.

I was really bad with the medication. I never took it but I never had any problems.

Wyoming
08-05-08, 08:46 PM
I sent you a PM.

Basically says -

Ma'am, I wish you well with all of your problems.

One thing, and my opinion only, and you touched on it in your 1st post.

Your screen name - SuzySemperFi - Yeah, it is a folly, but you only have 2 posts. Get admin to change it or sign up again.

Chumley
08-06-08, 09:32 AM
It's likely inevitable in your case and I'm sure it's to your benefit to maintain the continuity of your medical records, in particular with these types of medical issues. If your medical issues are...

Petz
08-06-08, 10:29 AM
Cpl Chumley is spot on. I agree with everything he just said... and change the SN

Chumley
08-06-08, 10:50 AM
:thumbup: WE agree SSgt however I wonder if these words will fall on deaf ears????

OOORAH!
SFi
C

Petz
08-06-08, 11:35 AM
probably.