PDA

View Full Version : Why do Marines Celebrate the USMC Birthday for 1775?

Draco771
08-02-08, 10:18 PM
My Marine buds at Camp Lejuane celebrate the Corps birthday on November 10, per MCO 47 I understand that they do it for the TWO battalions raised in 1775...

But I don't understand why.... They were three different organizations... All three of which were disbanded, and then the USMC came about in 1798...

I don't understand...

Is it like the Army National Guard for celebrating its existance since 1636?

thewookie
08-02-08, 10:52 PM
Formal commemoration of the birthday of the Marine Corps began Nov. 10, 1921. That particular date was chosen because on that day the Second Continental Congress resolved in 1775 to raise two battalions of Continental Marines.

Until 1921, the birthday of the Corps had been celebrated on another date. An unidentified newspaper clipping from 1918 refers to the celebration of the 120th birthday of the Marine Corps on July 11 "as usual with no fuss." It is doubtful that there was any real celebration at all. Further inspection of documents and publications prior to 1921 shows no evidence of ceremonies, pageants, or parties. The July date was commemorated between 1798 and 1921, as the birthday of the Corps. During the Revolution, Marines had fought on land and sea, but at the close of that conflict, the Corps and the Navy were all but disbanded. On July 11, 1798, President John Adams approved a bill that recreated the Corps, thereby providing the rationale for this day being commemorated as the birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps.

On Oct. 21, 1921, Maj. Edwin McClellan of the Corps' historical branch, sent a memorandum to then Commandant Maj. Gen. John A. Lejeune, suggesting that the original birthday on November 10, 1775, be declared a Marine Corps holiday to be celebrated throughout the Corps. McClellan further suggested that a dinner be held in Washington to commemorate the event. Guests would include prominent men from the Marine Corps, Army, and Navy, and descendants of the Revolution.

Why ask why?

Draco771
08-03-08, 01:27 AM
Formal commemoration of the birthday of the Marine Corps began Nov. 10, 1921. That particular date was chosen because on that day the Second Continental Congress resolved in 1775 to raise two battalions of Continental Marines.

Until 1921, the birthday of the Corps had been celebrated on another date. An unidentified newspaper clipping from 1918 refers to the celebration of the 120th birthday of the Marine Corps on July 11 "as usual with no fuss." It is doubtful that there was any real celebration at all. Further inspection of documents and publications prior to 1921 shows no evidence of ceremonies, pageants, or parties. The July date was commemorated between 1798 and 1921, as the birthday of the Corps. During the Revolution, Marines had fought on land and sea, but at the close of that conflict, the Corps and the Navy were all but disbanded. On July 11, 1798, President John Adams approved a bill that recreated the Corps, thereby providing the rationale for this day being commemorated as the birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps.

On Oct. 21, 1921, Maj. Edwin McClellan of the Corps' historical branch, sent a memorandum to then Commandant Maj. Gen. John A. Lejeune, suggesting that the original birthday on November 10, 1775, be declared a Marine Corps holiday to be celebrated throughout the Corps. McClellan further suggested that a dinner be held in Washington to commemorate the event. Guests would include prominent men from the Marine Corps, Army, and Navy, and descendants of the Revolution.

Why ask why?

Because that article, with respect is innaccurate...

There were THREE types of Marine "Corps" during that time period... Continental Marines, Privateer Marines, and Foreign Support Marines... They weren't conjoined under any specific set up...

They were all disbanded, and then the Marine Corps itself was created several years later...

They were totally different organizations...

That's why I ask why...

Not at all meaning to sound stuck up, or anything like that... Don't get me wrong... I mean the utmost respect regarding this topic...

thewookie
08-03-08, 08:49 AM

There were THREE types of Marine "Corps" during that time period... Continental Marines, Privateer Marines, and Foreign Support Marines... They weren't conjoined under any specific set up...

They were all disbanded, and then the Marine Corps itself was created several years later...

That's why I ask why...

Not at all meaning to sound stuck up, or anything like that... Don't get me wrong... I mean the utmost respect regarding this topic...

Then tell us?

You're giving us organization structure stuff, BFD, not the reason why that date was picked.

I told you why the date was picked, so what part didn't you get?

And if you have all this information, then why ask?

WHY?

Big Jim
08-03-08, 09:41 AM
U.S. Army, National Guard to be precise...

I've thought about the Corps, but USMC Recruiters just spin too much BS whenever I talk to them... (Example: MCRD being equiv to Ranger School... Yeah... No offense at all intended at all, I understand Marines have great pride in their training etc... But MCRD vs RIP even... Yeah.......)

I've never met a straight up honest USMC Recruiter... They always BS everything, or over dramatize a lot of things... (Normally they fail to realize I have multiple friends serving in the Corps, who do the very jobs I ask them about... i.e. USMC 1812's operating MLRS systems? Give me a break... NO offense at all intended... But again, I've just dealt with too many USMC Recruiters who just BS everything...)

And in my area, there are no USMC Reserve units (to my knowledge) I live in Granite Falls, WA.

Closest units with Combat Arms MOSs are in Everett, Puyallup, Kent, Bellingham, and another that escapes me...

So WAARNG is most likely what I'll be getting into, until I complete my college degree... Then I'll be going Active...

I TOOK THIS FROM YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE MESSAGING...WHY IS IT I ALWAYS SEE THESE KNOW-IT-ALL, 18 YEAR OLD, SNOT-SNOSED, WET-BEHIND-THE-EARS EINTSEINS WHO THINK THEY UNDERSTAND SO MUCH ABOUT MY BELOVED MARINE CORPS?!?! BOY, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND A DAM THING ABOUT THE MARINE CORPS AND IF YOU HAVE SUCH BAD AND NEGATIVE OPINION ABOUT IT...WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE AND TRYING TO CAUSE ANY DISRUPTION?? THE RESPECTFUL AND RIGHT THING TO DO IS NOT EVEN COME HERE AND ASK QUESTIONS WHERE YOU THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS!!

THERE IS MUCH OFFENSE TAKEN WHEN YOU CALL OUR MARINES THAT ARE RECRUITERS LIARS AND BSer's, BOY!! THE MARINE CORPS HAS MAINTAINED THE SOLID AND HONORABLE REPUTATION IT HAS THROUGH HONEST HARD WORK AND STAYING TRUE TO YOUR VALUES...OF WHICH I BELIEVE YOU HAVE NONE!! HERE'S A SUGGESTION FOR YOU...STAY IN SCHOOL AND JUST STAY AWAY FROM MY BELOVED CORPS...YOU WOULDN'T MAKE THROUGH THE FIRST WEEK IN BOOTCAMP, ANYWAY...BOY!! LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE SUBJECT BEFORE YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT...!!!

Wyoming
08-03-08, 09:54 AM
Jeez, if you know the answer, answer it and quit arguing with a Marine.

Oh yeah, you wrote -

I've thought about the Corps, but USMC Recruiters just spin too much BS whenever I talk to them... (Example: MCRD being equiv to Ranger School... Yeah... No offense at all intended at all, I understand Marines have great pride in their training etc... But MCRD vs RIP even... Yeah.......)

I've never met a straight up honest USMC Recruiter... They always BS everything, or over dramatize a lot of things... (Normally they fail to realize I have multiple friends serving in the Corps, who do the very jobs I ask them about... i.e. USMC 1812's operating MLRS systems? Give me a break... NO offense at all intended... But again, I've just dealt with too many USMC Recruiters who just BS everything...)

And in my area, there are no USMC Reserve units (to my knowledge) I live in Granite Falls, WA.

Closest units with Combat Arms MOSs are in Everett, Puyallup, Kent, Bellingham, and another that escapes me...

So WAARNG is most likely what I'll be getting into, until I complete my college degree... Then I'll be going Active...

Well **** Dude, GO ****ING ARMY!!

Marine84
08-03-08, 10:22 AM
So freakin what? Do you think we really care? The 10th of November 1775 is the day that was chosen, that's the one we celebrate. What difference does/should/would it make to YOU?

davblay
08-03-08, 10:43 AM

That's why I ask why...

I seems, my fellow Marines, that we are in the presents of greatness. Yep this guys is one of the Storm Troopers from Star Wars (look at his profile picture)!

Now he told us that he has "friends that are in the various MOSs, and he knows the answers before he asks the recruiter", and that's why he is calling our beloved recruiter a Liar and BS artist!

Now I don't know about you guys, but I have noticed a lot of genious poolees/wannabees coming onsite lately. Now this guys is so smart, that he hasn't joined our Corps yet, still he knows enough to bad mouth us!

Son, when you grow a pair, and they drop down, and you enlist in Our Corps, go stand on the foot prints, then you can correct the history instructors there! I am sure they would appreciate your help........BUT WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

Oh and by the way, you can't take any of your "action figures" to boot camp with you.....sorry, it's just the way it is! They let you they have to let everyone else...and well you see what I mean. The squad bay just ain't safe enough to leave them sitting out in plain view! You might talk to the SDI, he is usually a good fellow, and he might make an exception for a person of your statute and genious level, and supply you a lock box just for them!

Makes you wonder what kind of upbringing these kids get these days!

To my Brothers and Sisters on this site..........ATTACK!

To the wannabee that started this thread...........STAND BY FOR INCOMING!

Like my Brothers have told you already....GO ARMY......we already know they wouldn't lie or BS a recruit!

Dave

maverickmarine
08-03-08, 10:45 AM
You need to unass our A.O.

fjmas1976
08-03-08, 10:48 AM

If you think you know the answers, why ask and argue with the responses. You don't rate to be here and you definitely do not rate to be a part of the Corps.

FROM THE PROFILE OF DRACO771:
Interests:
U.S. Army Infantry

Ultimate PT Goal:
1,000 Push-ups 8 hours - Day 1
1,000 Sit-ups 8 hours - Day 2
8 Mile Run 3 hours - Day 3 (are you serious? 3 hours to run eight miles?!!!)

SOUNDS LIKE A PERECT ARMY CANDIDATE TO ME.....GO AWAY DRACO771 AND STAY AWAY FROM OUR CORPS:usmc:

Draco771
08-03-08, 12:07 PM
With respect, you all got the totally wrong idea...

It's WHY you chose that date that I don't understand, which is why I'm asking...

I'm here on the boards because I'd like to learn more about Marines, I talk with friends from Camp Lejuane, Camp Pendleton, Sand Diego, and Okinawa, (not including those deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan)

I wouldn't ask the question if I had already found the answer...

Draco771
08-03-08, 12:12 PM

I TOOK THIS FROM YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE MESSAGING...WHY IS IT I ALWAYS SEE THESE KNOW-IT-ALL, 18 YEAR OLD, SNOT-SNOSED, WET-BEHIND-THE-EARS EINTSEINS WHO THINK THEY UNDERSTAND SO MUCH ABOUT MY BELOVED MARINE CORPS?!?! BOY, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND A DAM THING ABOUT THE MARINE CORPS AND IF YOU HAVE SUCH BAD AND NEGATIVE OPINION ABOUT IT...WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE AND TRYING TO CAUSE ANY DISRUPTION?? THE RESPECTFUL AND RIGHT THING TO DO IS NOT EVEN COME HERE AND ASK QUESTIONS WHERE YOU THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS!!

THERE IS MUCH OFFENSE TAKEN WHEN YOU CALL OUR MARINES THAT ARE RECRUITERS LIARS AND BSer's, BOY!! THE MARINE CORPS HAS MAINTAINED THE SOLID AND HONORABLE REPUTATION IT HAS THROUGH HONEST HARD WORK AND STAYING TRUE TO YOUR VALUES...OF WHICH I BELIEVE YOU HAVE NONE!! HERE'S A SUGGESTION FOR YOU...STAY IN SCHOOL AND JUST STAY AWAY FROM MY BELOVED CORPS...YOU WOULDN'T MAKE THROUGH THE FIRST WEEK IN BOOTCAMP, ANYWAY...BOY!! LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE SUBJECT BEFORE YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT...!!!

With all due respect, I was refering to recruiters in my area. All USMC Recruiters I've ran into, biggest feed they give is: "MCRD is equivelant to Ranger School" - "Go Infantry for four years, and you become a Navy SEAL" - "Only Marine Infantry go to Ranger School" - "Yeah, the Marine Corps has more AIRBORNE units then the Army does, if you want to be a Paratrooper, join the Marines!" etc...

THAT is the kind of crap I here my friends spout out everytime they come back from a Recruiter, and that is the same stuff recruiters tell me all the time...

THAT is what I'm refering to...

And also I was recommended by the Staff Sergeant in Mo Mo Motivation thread in Poolee section to ask this question here...

Petz
08-03-08, 12:33 PM
negative kid, I read that post... he said "don't hijack my thread, if you really want an answer to that question go post it in the 'ask a Marine' thread"

He did not tell you to ask the question.

thewookie
08-03-08, 01:20 PM
With all due respect, I was refering to recruiters in my area. All USMC Recruiters I've ran into, biggest feed they give is: "MCRD is equivelant to Ranger School" [not that far off, but not the same thing]- "Go Infantry for four years, and you become a Navy SEAL" [not a bad way to get your feet wet, but you never become anything until you earn it, and why would Marines want to become seals, any Marine that I know who wants to be super high speed really wants to be with MARSOC] - "Only Marine Infantry go to Ranger School" [what is wrong with that? anyone else who gets a seat to ranger school has some good connections] - "Yeah, the Marine Corps has more AIRBORNE units then the Army does, if you want to be a Paratrooper, join the Marines!" -[give me the recruiters name that said that, and telephone number, I doubt any Marine recruiter said that] etc...

THAT is the kind of crap I here [don't listen to everything you hear, kid, try doing it, then talk about it, hearsay is crap] my friends spout out [your friends are chumps] everytime they come back from a Recruiter, and that is the same stuff recruiters tell me all the time... [WHO? Name names kid just don't through out some BS like that without naming them]

THAT is what I'm refering to... WHO the fock are you?

And also I was recommended by the Staff Sergeant in Mo Mo Motivation thread in Poolee section to ask this question here...

You have a lot to learn, don't try to impress us by dropping names of people, or actually just organizations where there are people that you "know." Who the fock cares if you know somebody? Who cares? What have you done, what do you know? Clean up your act.

I know somebody too, BFD.

Draco771
08-03-08, 03:41 PM
negative kid, I read that post... he said "don't hijack my thread, if you really want an answer to that question go post it in the 'ask a Marine' thread"

He did not tell you to ask the question.

He said however if I really wanted an answer the that question to post it in here, which I do really want an answer the the question, because I can't find a single person, or source that knows the answer to a question I've been pondering for quite some time...

Sgt Baker
08-03-08, 03:59 PM
First of all let me say that "Is it possible your friends are lying to you?".

Second, I bet if the truth were known (and son it is known by the very God you seem to like to quote) that most of the stuff you have said has been said by Marine Corps Recruiters is total bull*&$%.

Marines by their very definition are known for their integrity. If you were qualified to become a Marine you would already know that! You would have already taken enough self-motivation to find out. But, since you haven't, I do believe that even the Army may not take you. I would consider a career at McDonalds or Walmart if it were me!

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 04:37 PM
I could never imagine a Marine NCO, or SNCO lie to get someone to join the Corps....We don't want people unless they want to be United States Marines!!!! and there is NO shortage of that, Because we are the Best in the world!! Why can't you fvcking kids get that????
If you weighing Army vs. Marines........The PLEASE join the Army...The Marine Corps is not here to cater to your dreams and desires.....
My experience with recruiter when I was Garrett's age??All the Recruiters lied to me like Motherfvckers EXCEPT the Marines!! I am friends with the recruting station SNCOIC to this very day!!....................SWEET JESUS!

Draco771
08-03-08, 04:42 PM
First of all let me say that "Is it possible your friends are lying to you?".

Second, I bet if the truth were known (and son it is known by the very God you seem to like to quote) that most of the stuff you have said has been said by Marine Corps Recruiters is total bull*&$%.

Marines by their very definition are known for their integrity. If you were qualified to become a Marine you would already know that! You would have already taken enough self-motivation to find out. But, since you haven't, I do believe that even the Army may not take you. I would consider a career at McDonalds or Walmart if it were me!

Then what's the answer to the question?

I've searched google on this question, and have found no answers at all... (It's actually how I found this site in the first place...)

fjmas1976
08-03-08, 04:46 PM
I talk with friends from Camp Lejuan, Sand Diego
This guy would never pass the ASVAB anyways....:evilgrin:

Sgt Baker
08-03-08, 04:47 PM
Why is it that you even care? You come on this forum for MARINES, not being one yourself, and ask a question, following it with a scripture verse and a bunch of unrealistic PT Goals, and then proceed to call Marines liars! You answer me this Batman, What is your true purpose for being here? And could you not think of anything else more intelligent to say? If you truely want the answer to your question, do the research for yourself!

Draco771
08-03-08, 04:49 PM
I could never imagine a Marine NCO, or SNCO lie to get someone to join the Corps....We don't want people unless they want to be United States Marines!!!! and there is NO shortage of that, Because we are the Best in the world!! Why can't you fvcking kids get that????
If you weighing Army vs. Marines........The PLEASE join the Army...The Marine Corps is not here to cater to your dreams and desires.....
My experience with recruiter when I was Garrett's age??All the Recruiters lied to me like Motherfvckers EXCEPT the Marines!! I am friends with the recruting station SNCOIC to this very day!!....................SWEET JESUS!

Around here it's the exact opposite...

Most straight forward no BS Recruiters I've met are Army Recruiters...

If they don't know the answer to a question, they'll flat out look it up themselves, and actually call you ten minutes, to an hour later with the answer...

You ask them if they know anything about an MOS, if they don't, they will say so, and find someone for you who's done that occupation for you to talk to...

If you want information about certain types of units, (whether Active or Guard, or Reserve) they'll get you that information...

Best recruiter I've ever met was an ARNG 18B40 on recruiting duty... I've never met a recruiter that was that straight forward... I've never met an Army Recruiter, whether Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard who's ever tried putting a spin on anything...

And they say the exact same thing, unless you REALLY want to Enlist in the Army as your primary goal, they don't even want you...

Me personally, I've got a lot of family tradition with the Army, just how some of you may have the same with the Marine Corps, but I honestly don't care to defend my position, or my decision in joining the United States Army, because it's pretty good odds are none of you would understand... Just like how I myself wouldn't understand why any of you would join the Corps...

And arguing Army vs Marines is like arguing Call of Duty vs Medal of Honor, odds are good it's going to get everyone no where, just like it has over the past 300+ years... (ARNG traces roots back to the American Revolution, it's where 300+ years comes from...)

On Army VS Marines, it'd be a good bet to just agree to disagree, prior to making a flame war...

Draco771
08-03-08, 04:51 PM
Why is it that you even care? You come on this forum for MARINES, not being one yourself, and ask a question, following it with a scripture verse and a bunch of unrealistic PT Goals, and then proceed to call Marines liars! You answer me this Batman, What is your true purpose for being here? And could you not think of anything else more intelligent to say? If you truely want the answer to your question, do the research for yourself!

I care because it's a question I've wondered for a long time...

And actually the PT scores are very realistic... I'm very shocked a Marine would actually say that...

True purpose for being here is because I want to learn about the Marine Corps, what in your mind would be a better source, then Marines themselves?

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 04:54 PM

And arguing Army vs Marines is like arguing Call of Duty vs Medal of Honor, odds are good it's going to get everyone no where, just like it has over the past 300+ years... (ARNG traces roots back to the American Revolution, it's where 300+ years comes from...)

On Army VS Marines, it'd be a good bet to just agree to disagree, prior to making a flame war...

When I said Army Vs. Marines, I meant "Hmmmmm should I join the Army or the Marines?" NOT who is better?..............5hit, we all know the answer to that one:usmc:

Sgt Baker
08-03-08, 04:54 PM
Well, Mr. Educated, why then do you want an answer from a bunch of "liars"? We wouldn't tell the truth anyway, according to you! YOU, SIR, ARE WASTING MY VALUABLE TIME! GO MCDONALDS!

Draco771
08-03-08, 04:57 PM
Well, Mr. Educated, why then do you want an answer from a bunch of "liars"? We wouldn't tell the truth anyway, according to you! YOU, SIR, ARE WASTING MY VALUABLE TIME! GO MCDONALDS!

Where did I say you were ALL liars?

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 04:58 PM
Remember where you are posting!......oh, and Call of Duty vs. Medal of Honor? That 5hit's greek to me.

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 04:59 PM
, GO MCDONALDS!

:yes:GO BIG MAC!:no:

Draco771
08-03-08, 05:00 PM
Remember where you are posting!......oh, and Call of Duty vs. Medal of Honor? That 5hit's greek to me.

I don't understand what you mean by that...

And I never called ALL Marines liars, just the recruiters I've run into, just like several Marines called Army Recruiters liars... (Integrity is the 5th Core Value in LDRSHIP)

Draco771
08-03-08, 05:02 PM
GO BIG MAC!

:cool:Grilled Chicken BLT with no mayo is better... :cool::no:

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 05:03 PM
I don't understand what you mean by that...

(Integrity is the 5th Core Value in LDRSHIP)

It means I don't play video games, and I have no clue about it:bunny:

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 05:09 PM
Grilled Chicken BLT with no mayo is better...

Your comebacks to Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officers are entertaining, Now let me ask you this, Have you ever heard the term "Nasty Civilian?" Because that is what you are right now...You would never rate to talk to NCO's in the Marine Corps like you post on this site! We would send you to a place called CCU.:evilgrin:

Then see how that Grilled chicken tastes with some CCU sprinkled on top. right before your Big Chicken Dinner! :scared:

Draco771
08-03-08, 05:11 PM
Your comebacks to Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officers are entertaining, Now let me ask you this, Have you ever heard the term "Nasty Civilian?" Because that is what you are right now...You would never rate to talk to NCO's in the Marine Corps like you post on this site! We would send you to a place called CCU.:evilgrin:

Then see how that Grilled chicken tastes with some CCU sprinkled on top. right before your Big Chicken Dinner! :scared:

With respect Corporal, I'm just trying to bring humor into the situation, and lighten the mood of the forum...

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 05:16 PM
[quote=Draco771;376146]With respect Corporal quote]

:marine: There you go, Your getting it kid:)
:banana:now dance with the bannana!

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 05:18 PM
I'm going to watch "Shark Week" now.......Good night

Petz
08-03-08, 05:21 PM

Most straight forward no BS Recruiters I've met are Army Recruiters...

If they don't know the answer to a question, they'll flat out look it up themselves, and actually call you ten minutes, to an hour later with the answer...

You ask them if they know anything about an MOS, if they don't, they will say so, and find someone for you who's done that occupation for you to talk to...

If you want information about certain types of units, (whether Active or Guard, or Reserve) they'll get you that information...

Best recruiter I've ever met was an ARNG 18B40 on recruiting duty... I've never met a recruiter that was that straight forward... I've never met an Army Recruiter, whether Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard who's ever tried putting a spin on anything...

And they say the exact same thing, unless you REALLY want to Enlist in the Army as your primary goal, they don't even want you...

Me personally, I've got a lot of family tradition with the Army, just how some of you may have the same with the Marine Corps, but I honestly don't care to defend my position, or my decision in joining the United States Army, because it's pretty good odds are none of you would understand... Just like how I myself wouldn't understand why any of you would join the Corps...

this guy sounds like an army recruiter.... he's probably trying to egg us on.

just stop paying attention to him, don't respond to him... and he'll eventually go away.

Draco771
08-03-08, 05:24 PM
this guy sounds like an army recruiter.... he's probably trying to egg us on.

just stop paying attention to him, don't respond to him... and he'll eventually go away.

How do I sound like an Army Recruiter?

Big Jim
08-03-08, 05:26 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/garrett_leonard/100_0060.jpg (http://photobucket.com/)

After/currently (bulked up from 284 - 315)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/garrett_leonard/l_1e174831730263332159ed6e424670-1.jpg (http://photobucket.com/)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/garrett_leonard/l_338215cfdfedee16be99bd549e1e8c-1.jpg (http://photobucket.com/)

<LI class=profilefield_category>About Draco771 First Name garrett Last Name leonard Favorite Marine Dan Daly Current City Granite Falls Current State Washington Hometown Granite Falls Home State Washington High School Granite Falls High School Gender Male Ethnicity Caucasian Zodiac Sign Taurus Occupation Student Colleges Attended Everett Community College (College course in High School) Interests U.S. Army Infantry, Cavalry Scout, Combat Engineer, and Fire Support Specialist, and many other things Favorite Quote "Give all to save some" -Author unknown, and "I can do anything in Him who strengthens me" -Philipians 4:13 Favorite Color Bue Favorite Movie We were Soldiers, Back Hawk Down, and Wind Talkers Favorite Book My Bible =) <LI class=profilefield_category>Signature Philipians 4:13 -"I can do anything in Him who strengthens me."

"Give all to save some"

Ultimate PT Goal:
8 Mile Run 3 hours - Day 3

HEY BOY...IS THIS REALLY YOU?!?! YOU FRIKKIN DISGUSTING FATBODY!!! ...AND YOU COME ON HERE SAYING HOW MUCH OF A PT FREAK YOU ARE AND WHAT PEOPLE CAN AND CAN'T POST...AND ARGUE WITH MARINES WHO ARE COMBAT VETERANS!! YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR ANYONE...INCLUDING YOURSELF. NOW....WHO'S GONNA TAKE THE FIRST CRACK AT GARRETT LEANARD HERE...A.K.A. "FAT-AZZ LERCH"...

Petz
08-03-08, 05:27 PM
read the quote I had above my response.

Draco771
08-03-08, 05:30 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/garrett_leonard/100_0060.jpg (http://photobucket.com/)

After/currently (bulked up from 284 - 315)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/garrett_leonard/l_1e174831730263332159ed6e424670-1.jpg (http://photobucket.com/)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/garrett_leonard/l_338215cfdfedee16be99bd549e1e8c-1.jpg (http://photobucket.com/)

<LI class=profilefield_category>About Draco771 First Name garrett Last Name leonard Favorite Marine Dan Daly Current City Granite Falls Current State Washington Hometown Granite Falls Home State Washington High School Granite Falls High School Gender Male Ethnicity Caucasian Zodiac Sign Taurus Occupation Student Colleges Attended Everett Community College (College course in High School) Interests U.S. Army Infantry, Cavalry Scout, Combat Engineer, and Fire Support Specialist, and many other things Favorite Quote "Give all to save some" -Author unknown, and "I can do anything in Him who strengthens me" -Philipians 4:13 Favorite Color Bue Favorite Movie We were Soldiers, Back Hawk Down, and Wind Talkers Favorite Book My Bible =) <LI class=profilefield_category>Signature Philipians 4:13 -"I can do anything in Him who strengthens me."

"Give all to save some"

Ultimate PT Goal:
8 Mile Run 3 hours - Day 3

HEY BOY...IS THIS REALLY YOU?!?! YOU FRIKKIN DISGUSTING FATBODY!!! ...AND YOU COME ON HERE SAYING HOW MUCH OF A PT FREAK YOU ARE AND WHAT PEOPLE CAN AND CAN'T POST...AND ARGUE WITH MARINES WHO ARE COMBAT VETERANS!! YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR ANYONE...INCLUDING YOURSELF. NOW....WHO'S GONNA TAKE THE FIRST CRACK AT GARRETT LEANARD HERE...A.K.A. "FAT-AZZ LERCH"...

1. I never said anything about what someone can, and cannot post, I did however warn the Poolee who posted copyright material that if someone actually cared, they can screw him on copyright infringement, other then that (which was a warning) I've never told someone what they can and can't post...

2. Lately I actually have been a PT freak... The fact you're arguing about that... I honestly can't believe...

3. I'm not arguing with anyone... And still havn't... I asked a simple question WHY the CMC in 1921 chose to change the birthday to November 10th, and every one of you have gotten defensive, which is making me think none of you even know the answer yourselves... (Which I would never have asked if I had already known the answer)...

4. How does my information have ANYTHING to do with this specific topic at hand?

Big Jim
08-03-08, 05:35 PM
1. I never said anything about what someone can, and cannot post, I did however warn the Poolee who posted copyright material that if someone actually cared, they can screw him on copyright infringement, other then that (which was a warning) I've never told someone what they can and can't post...

2. Lately I actually have been a PT freak... The fact you're arguing about that... I honestly can't believe...

3. I'm not arguing with anyone... And still havn't... I asked a simple question WHY the CMC in 1921 chose to change the birthday to November 10th, and every one of you have gotten defensive, which is making me think none of you even know the answer yourselves... (Which I would never have asked if I had already known the answer)...

4. How does my information have ANYTHING to do with this specific topic at hand?

CAUSE IT SHOWS HOW BIG OF A FRIKKIN IDIOT YOU REALLY ARE...!!! YOU COULD BE THE NEW POSTER FOR BIRTH CONTROL...!!!

Petz
08-03-08, 05:35 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69232

check out my last response, and then will someone close this thread?!

Draco771
08-03-08, 05:40 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69232

check out my last response, and then will someone close this thread?!

Staff Sergeant, with respect, why couldn't you have just posted that answer in here, and save 99% of the BS in this entire thread?

Already answered in other thread, NM

Petz
08-03-08, 05:41 PM
... comments like that will get you killed.

Draco771
08-03-08, 05:49 PM
... comments like that will get you killed.

So with respect Staff Sergeant, is it safe to say this thread can just be closed?

Already got the answer to my question now...

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 06:11 PM
Draco771, When you put Bulked up from 284-315. Is that a bench press?

Petz
08-03-08, 06:12 PM
... that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread..... but if it's intended for something else... carry on.

Draco771
08-03-08, 06:16 PM
Draco771, When you put Bulked up from 284-315. Is that a bench press?

No Corporal, 284 to 315 is in actual weight...

I've dropped 32% body fat in total, from 368.2lbs to 284... And then lost another 5 percent, and gained over 20 pounds...

The above picture of myself in the Orange shirt was years ago, prior to dropping weight...

In total I've lost 37% body fat, and now sit around 25-26% body fat, from over 60% body fat at 368.2lbs...

I've been GAINING weight but LOSING inches around my waist, stomach, and hips...

My primary excersizes is Push-ups, Sit-ups, and running... (And swimming, swimming is my bread and butter... I love the water... )

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 06:23 PM
... that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread..... but if it's intended for something else... carry on.

Thank you Ssgt,

If you weigh 315 even though your in good shape, are you able to enlist in the military at that weight?? and How tall are you?

slimmy07
08-03-08, 06:24 PM
I was a USMC recruiter from 2004-2007 and I NEVER HEARD ANY OF THIS NONSENSE. AcTually, and you can look it up but the Marine Corps has the LOWEST Recruiter improprities....I wonder why??? BECAUSE WE DO TELL THE TRUTH! I have NEVER, IN MY 3 YEARS ON THE DUTY HEARD ANOTHER RECRUITER SAY THAT mcrd IS LIKE RANGER SCHOOL. WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD SAY THAT??? WHO IS FEEDING YOU THIS BS??? THE ONLY COMPARISON THAT I HAVE EVER SAID AND HEARD IS THAT MARINE CORPS INFANTRY IS LIKE THE ARMY RANGERS. WHY? BECAUSE THE RANGERS AND USMC INFANTRY ARE BOTH (SOC) SPECIAL OPERATIONS CAPABLE. ARMY INFANTRY IS NOT AND YOU CAN LOOK THAT UP. LOOK KID, YOU KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF YOU WALKED INTO MY OFFICE WITH THAT ATTITUDE WHILE I WAS ON THE DUTY??? I WOULD TELL YOUR HAPPY LITTLE ASS TO GET OUT OF MY OFFICE AND FEEL FREE TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GUARD. I WAS NEVER AFFRAID OF LOSING SOMEONE TO ANOTHER BRANCH. I HAD NO PROBLEM HAVING A "GROWN UP" DISCUSSION WITH SOMEONE THAT WANTED TO LEARN ABOUT THE CORPS, BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT WANT TO LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT THE CORPS BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOUR MIND IS MADE UP. YOU ALREADY HAVE AN OPINION ON THE CORPS AND I FEEL THAT ANOTHER BRANCH IS FEEDING YOU THIS CRAP BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANY MARINE ON THE DUTY SAY THE THINGS YOU HAVE MENTIONED. I HAVE SOME ADVICE KID, GROW UP! YOUR JUST PROBABLY UPSET AT THE CORPS BECAUSE YOU GOT DISQUALIFIED OR SOMETHING.

slimmy07
08-03-08, 06:26 PM
oh and the National Guard does say its the "oldest branch" dating back to 1636.

Draco771
08-03-08, 06:34 PM
oh and the National Guard does say its the "oldest branch" dating back to 1636.

With respect, it actually is... It's roots are traced back to the Colonies in 1636... It was around before the first standing Army/Marines...

Several presidents were Army National Guard at one point as well...

Not bashing the Marine Corps in any way/shape/form...

Nor do I wish to argue...

Petz
08-03-08, 06:53 PM
he wasn't stating that fact as if they were lying... it's in the history books as you pointed out... didn't we have a conversation about this kind of stuff??

Draco771
08-03-08, 07:05 PM
he wasn't stating that fact as if they were lying... it's in the history books as you pointed out... didn't we have a conversation about this kind of stuff??

Oh... My apologies, I mis-understood what he was getting at...

Petz
08-03-08, 07:22 PM
don't apologize to me, you ****ed off someone else.

Draco771
08-03-08, 08:42 PM
Understood Staff Sergeant, Sergeant Slimmy07 my apologies for taking what you said incorrectly...

drwilkinson
08-03-08, 09:29 PM
My Marine buds at Camp Lejuane celebrate the Corps birthday on November 10, per MCO 47 I understand that they do it for the TWO battalions raised in 1775...

But I don't understand why.... They were three different organizations... All three of which were disbanded, and then the USMC came about in 1798...

I don't understand...

Is it like the Army National Guard for celebrating its existance since 1636?

WHY DO WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS ON DECEMBER 24TH?!?! WHY DO WE CELEBRATE EASTER ON THE FIRST SUNDAY?!!?

BECAUSE WE WANT TO A2SHOLE.

Wyoming
08-03-08, 09:49 PM
WHY DO WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS ON DECEMBER 24TH?!?! WHY DO WE CELEBRATE EASTER ON THE FIRST SUNDAY?!!?

Danielle, from Poolee, to Recruit, to Marine.

You did good.

davblay
08-03-08, 10:23 PM

I am proud of you Danielle, you're a good Marine! Now will one of the Moderators please close this thread?

Dave

Petz
08-04-08, 12:27 AM
I asked that earlier... but somehow you make it look cooler dave.