PDA

View Full Version : Concerns

lilDjsander
07-24-08, 06:26 PM
I have just recently signed an open contract with the marine corps recruiter at the recruting station but have not sworn in to the DEP program yet. Can I back out of this open contract?

Wyoming
07-24-08, 06:40 PM
You did not sign a contract with a marine corps recruiter.

You have not read the newbie posting rules.

Here is some advice - Click Here!! (hthttp://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp?#?channel=&video=tp://)

slimmy07
07-24-08, 06:59 PM
I have just recently signed an open contract with the marine corps recruiter at the recruting station but have not sworn in to the DEP program yet. Can I back out of this open contract?

Ok kid, listen for a second please. I was a USMC recruiter from 2004-2007. EVERYONE signs an open contract at the recruiting office. Whne you are found mentally, physicaly and morally(criminal) qualified and swear in, then you can pick your job. The Corps can NOT have you sign a SOU(statement of understanding, its what guarantees your job, your contract is how long you serve) without having found fit in all areas. You do NOT have to go open contract, and I assure you that your recruiter and yourself will lock on a job when you get back from MEPs and you are enlisted in the DEP. This is typical procedure and I would not worry about it. Recruiters are not there to screw you over, if we did that why would people ever want to join the Marines when they can go to other branches. Read the SOU that you signed, you will see at the bottom of it that it does say it can be changed.

JordanB
07-25-08, 12:56 AM
You swear in twice at meps, it is not until the SECOUND time you swear in that you are legally obligated to go, you can back out at any time before you do this.

Petz
07-25-08, 01:09 AM
you back out until 2 weeks into boot camp!!!

it's something like 'failure to adapt' but if you ask me... that's a pansie way of getting out of the corps.

PTurchan
07-25-08, 12:36 PM
The above information is correct. Until you swear in for the last time before you get shipped to bootcamp, you can leave. More information can be found here: http://www.objector.org/girights/delayed-enlistment-program.html