PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Duhust
07-24-08, 01:41 PM
I have a couple quick questions for any Marine willing to help. The Marines seem to be the only way to go for me. Every other way just seems to be the easy way. Unfortunatly life has gone by fast since high school and I am just affraid I may have missed my opportunity and service in the Marines. I guess my question is, I am 23 years old, have a wife, house and am tattooed. What would a recruiter say to me when I go into his station?
Will multiple tattoo's below the elbow disqualify you for training? That is my only fear. I have also heard that marriage before enlistment is frowned upon. Although that does not worry me much, we have been together for seven years and married for 3. We have been through harder times then being seperated for a few months. Any answers would be appritiated. Thankyou for your time.

THAT AINT IT
07-24-08, 01:50 PM
It depends on what the tattoos are and just how much of your arm they take up.

Duhust
07-24-08, 02:00 PM
My entir right arm is sleved with religous items and my left arm is about 60% covered below the elbow with religious/family items.

THAT AINT IT
07-24-08, 02:02 PM
Sorry but sleeves are not authorized anymore which sucks because i want them so bad lol. But anyways sorry you cant enlist

CplKJSpevak
07-24-08, 03:31 PM
you might as well go talk to a recruiter, what the hell do you have to lose?

slimmy07
07-24-08, 03:51 PM
My entir right arm is sleved with religous items and my left arm is about 60% covered below the elbow with religious/family items.

I hate to break it to you, But a sleeved arm will DQ you for enlistment into the Marine corps. It has a lot to do with the fact that if you ever wanted to make the USMC a career you could not, because you would not be able to do a B -billet. The marriage stuff would have been fine, They just look at how many dependants you have and how much in debt you are, but its not frowned upon. I have put many people into the Marines that were married. What I would do if I were you is join another branch, you still get to serve your country and that is what you should be proud of. It does say U.S. on ALL our uniforms. I hope this helps and I hope you dont stop the pursuit of serving your country and providing for your family at the same time. Take care and good luck.